GailMN
True Blue Farmgirl

471 Posts

Gail
Hutchinson Minnesota
USA
471 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2021 :  07:18:54 AM  Show Profile  Send GailMN a Yahoo! Message

Please join me for a Valentine Giveaway - of course there will be chocolate and a few more Valentine surprises. To enter, share a memory of a favorite Valentines Day. I will draw a name on Sunday, February 7th and mail out the Surprise Valentine package on Monday, February 8th. Looking forward to reading many memories. Enjoy the day Farmgirls, hugs and blessings

Gail

Farmgirl Sister #506
Aim high; shoot for the moon and if you miss it, grab a star.

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2021 :  10:34:55 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Gail -

You are so nice to do another giveaway. Thank you so much for sharing like you do.

The best Valentines Day I remember is 2015, the year I met my current husband. It was our first Valentines Day. And Valentines Day that year was more than one day. A week before Valentines Day he traveled to pick up a new travel trailer for a friend's dealership and stopped at a White Castle (we both grew up loving White Castle Hamburgers). They had an ad on the tables about celebrating Vanetines Day at White Castle; I know, a funny place to go for a special day. He brought me a copy of the ad and 2 White Castle hamburgers. Then on (or around) Valentines Day there was a dinner/dance in Dallas sponsored by a Dallas radio station. We went there and had a great time together. They had a photo booth with props and here are two of the pictures.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015 and April 2017

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."

Edited by - quiltee on Jan 13 2021 3:36:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6685 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6685 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2021 :  1:25:46 PM  Show Profile
Gail, you are so sweet!

My favorite memory isn’t really a particular year but Valentines in general. My dad was the one who celebrated Valentines and he would always buy stuff for the whole family. He would wait until we went to sleep and he would put out our box of chocolates, a single rose, and some other surprise on the kitchen table for us to see in the morning when we woke! He did this every year. It was always so special to see my dad find joy in Valentines and surprising us all! I will never forget that!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9237 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9237 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2021 :  2:56:56 PM  Show Profile
This is so sweet!

My favorite memory is a Valentine's day my husband and I were apart. Also not yet married but engaged. He had to be away and I really didn't think he would give a second thought to the day. So when i came home from work there was the most beautiful bouquet of flowers waiting for me. I was so surprised. It was an odd vase they had put them in and the just stuck a heart sticker on the outside. Lol. I kept the vase and a little teddy bear holding a heart was on a wrapped stem. I still have the stem with the tiny bear and heart. I never realized when I married a sailor that that first Valentine's day would be par for the course. For the whole time he served in the Navy we did not spend a single Valentine's together. He always gave me a card when he got home. He was on a submarine so unless he was in port he couldn't get a card. Lots of times if he sent one in the mail he would be home before I got it. Anyway, I always cherished the memory of that beautiful bouquet on our first Valentine's.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"I am a bookaholic and I have no desire to be cured."

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6438 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6438 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2021 :  09:16:15 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Linda we grew up on White Castles too and love them!
What great memories so far, Valentines Day is such a special day.

The year my husband was in Desert Storm we missed so many special days, but he still tried to make each one special. On Valentines Day 1991 I got a phone call from him. He was in the middle of no mans land in the desert. It was not a long phone call but I knew he was safe and he loved me.

Thank you Gail for the special giveaway.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Oregon
Farmgirl of the Month September 2012 and February2018
“My altars are My Mountains
and the ocean.” Lord Byron”

Women are Angels, and
when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We’re flexible like that.

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on Jan 14 2021 10:41:56 AM
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2021 :  10:21:56 AM  Show Profile
What sweet stories! And what a wonderful thing your father did Krista!

Valentine's day has never been a big affair for me and my husband. He always says "I love you everyday - not just on Valentines day". And he does! I couldn't ask for a better husband so it's fine by me. I'd rather be surprised on an average day with something special anyway.

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2021 :  4:16:55 PM  Show Profile
Gail, such a wonderful Valentine's Day story!! Thank-you for offering this giveaway too.

One favorite memory I have is that each Valentine's Day, my Mom would make everyone a big sugar cookie that had our name on it and was decorated with lots of flowers and little fun cookie jimmies. We all loved this treat that was our dessert after dinner that day! She loved to make cookies and make them special and we didn't get them except at Christmas, Valentine's Day , and Easter.

I love reading all the stories shared here. So much love and goodness!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1751 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1751 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2021 :  06:58:25 AM  Show Profile
My second husband proposed on Valentine's day at a pizza supper with my son and 3 stepdaughters there I was surprised and thrilled. That was 30 years ago. A wonderful memory. Happy Valentine's day!

Farmgirl friends are fun.
Go to Top of Page

jmpiercy
True Blue Farmgirl

439 Posts

Joan
Lansing North Carolina
USA
439 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2021 :  8:29:31 PM  Show Profile
My favorite Valentine's Day memory is when my ex-husband proposed to me for the second time. He took me to dinner at a Mexican restaurant we liked, gave me a red rose, and he proposed before the dessert came. He did not have a ring, but took me to a jewelry store and together we picked out an antique gold ring with 3 emeralds and 2 diamonds. We were married that April for the second time.

Gail, thank you for thinking of this swap!

Joan P.
Farmgirl Sister #8056

"You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like there's nobody listening,
And live like it's heaven on earth." - William W. Purkey

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Phillippians 4:13
Go to Top of Page

jmpiercy
True Blue Farmgirl

439 Posts

Joan
Lansing North Carolina
USA
439 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2021 :  8:31:44 PM  Show Profile
Gail, I meant to say "give away" instead of swap...lol.

Joan P.
Farmgirl Sister #8056

Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2133 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2133 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2021 :  12:41:39 PM  Show Profile
My favorite Valentine's Day was 1992. I was working until 9pm and it was pouring down rain. Dana met me at the door and told me he was my human umbrella and put his jacket over me to keep me somewhat dry as we ran to my car. We weren't living together yet so we just sat in the car and chatted for a while, mostly about the expected grandchild. When he left he gave me a cute little Valentine magnet and said "I bet you get a phone call tonight". Sure enough, about midnight I got the call and drove 50 miles through thunder, lightening, and rain to the hospital for the birth of my third grandchild. My second grandchild was born on Feb. 14 and the third on Feb. 15, so Valentine's Day is pretty special in our family. My Valentine magnet is in a place of honor on my fridge.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

jmpiercy
True Blue Farmgirl

439 Posts

Joan
Lansing North Carolina
USA
439 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2021 :  2:09:57 PM  Show Profile
Love that story, Judith! Thanks for sharing.

Joan P.
Farmgirl Sister #8056

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6438 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6438 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2021 :  3:18:28 PM  Show Profile
Great story Judith!

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Oregon
Farmgirl of the Month September 2012 and February2018
“My altars are My Mountains
and the ocean.” Lord Byron”

Women are Angels, and
when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We’re flexible like that.
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6685 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6685 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2021 :  1:34:04 PM  Show Profile
I love reading all these stories! They are all so beautiful!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2021 :  12:56:10 PM  Show Profile
I'm glad that your husbands are a bit more romantic about Valentines Day LOL!! I did get some chocolate truffles the other day when my husband had to go pick up some tractor parts and I had too much work to do in the house to go along :)

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Valentine Giveaway! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page