Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Let the Good Times Roll *** PARTNERS POSTED ***
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Let the Good Times Roll *** PARTNERS POSTED *** Next Topic
Page: of 5

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6392 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6392 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2021 :  6:23:36 PM  Show Profile
Oh Ida Jane that is alright, I will glue them tomorrow. I just think it is so cute.
Thank you again:-)

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Oregon
Farmgirl of the Month September 2012 and February2018
“My altars are My Mountains
and the ocean.” Lord Byron”

Women are Angels, and
when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We’re flexible like that.
Go to Top of Page

sheridan126
True Blue Farmgirl

245 Posts

Jill
Dana Point CA
USA
245 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2021 :  8:00:30 PM  Show Profile
Judith, I am obsessed with this incredible Mardi Gras creation! All the embellishments and stitching, so amazing! I love the little masks and beads and coins, you've really captured this celebration for sure. I only hope my photos will do it justice, thank you so much!!

Jill
Farmgirl Sister 7889

"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." -e.e. cummings
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7484 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7484 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2021 :  10:08:38 PM  Show Profile
Wow! That is really nice!

I will be sending mine out to Gail either Monday or Tuesday. I have to go down to the Bay area for a consultation for my teeth.

I love that blue!

Darlene

Trust in your faith, not your emotions, when it comes to making life’s decisions.
I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Just. follow God unquestionably Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I TRUST IN YOU JESUS

#4943 - March 2013
FGOTM June 2013
FGOTY 2016

Go to Top of Page

jmpiercy
True Blue Farmgirl

436 Posts

Joan
Lansing North Carolina
USA
436 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2021 :  07:41:05 AM  Show Profile
Jean, I am mailing your "Let the Good Times Roll" swap item tomorrow. I hope you will enjoy it!

Ladies, all the items y'all have made are so wonderful! I know everyone is going to enjoy what they receive!

Joan P.
Farmgirl Sister #8056

"You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like there's nobody listening,
And live like it's heaven on earth." - William W. Purkey

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Phillippians 4:13
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2021 :  10:02:44 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Very nice idea, Judith. Such a neat gift for Jill. There are so many nice items here.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015 and April 2017

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2122 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2122 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2021 :  11:53:19 AM  Show Profile
I got the bestest from Jill. She really thinks outside the box; I love the creativity. She sewed a roll-up with all kinds of games in it, a mug rug, an Eiffel Tower with chocolates, and the cutest little voodoo doll. I have been trying to post a picture of it since it arrived with no success, but I will try one more time. Keeping my fingers crossed......
Drat -- this is the message I keep getting:
500 - Internal server error.
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

Anyway -- Thank you Jill! The roll will go up to the trailer with us. We play games after dinner and are getting tired of Yahtzee so this is a welcome addition.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2122 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2122 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2021 :  11:54:52 AM  Show Profile

One last try and it worked!

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

sheridan126
True Blue Farmgirl

245 Posts

Jill
Dana Point CA
USA
245 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2021 :  10:38:21 AM  Show Profile
Hello sweet farmgirl sisters, from Ida and Jill!
Let the good times roll!!

Jill
Farmgirl Sister 7889

"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." -e.e. cummings
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7484 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7484 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2021 :  11:31:18 AM  Show Profile
Cute picture!

Darlene

Trust in your faith, not your emotions, when it comes to making life’s decisions.
I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Just. follow God unquestionably Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I TRUST IN YOU JESUS

#4943 - March 2013
FGOTM June 2013
FGOTY 2016

Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2021 :  11:55:24 AM  Show Profile
Love all the creative Mardi Gras gifts. But best of all I love the fun pix. Thank you Darlene, Ida Jane and Jill. Mardi Gras is a week from today . . . can't wait to see the rest of your selfie photos.
hugs,
jean

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2021 :  12:00:53 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I got my Mardi Gras package from you, Jean. So cute - love the mask, beads and small bottle of hot sauce! Thank you.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015 and April 2017

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."

Edited by - quiltee on Feb 12 2021 6:42:50 PM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7484 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7484 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2021 :  4:21:13 PM  Show Profile
Gail your package is on the way in the mail!
I will get you the tracking number tonight
That was fun!
Thanks.
Darlene

by Frances Farmer

I TRUST IN YOU JESUS

#4943 - March 2013
FGOTM June 2013
FGOTY 2016

Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2021 :  2:41:07 PM  Show Profile
Joan -- just opened up your box with the amazing embellished mini wall hanging. Wherever did you find all those colorful bits and pieces. It is simply awesome. Will try to get pix later today or tomorrow. My project is a bit behind schedule . . . life has gotten in the way. You know how it does sometimes. Will get it out as soon as I possibly can. In the meantime, thanks again. I LOVE it. And I am wearing the gorgeous beads as I type this.
Farmgirl hugs,
jean

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

jmpiercy
True Blue Farmgirl

436 Posts

Joan
Lansing North Carolina
USA
436 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2021 :  5:58:00 PM  Show Profile
Jean, I am so glad you liked it. I have been saving "stuff" for as long as I can remember. I would buy bags of items like those in a big bag at Good Will for $3 or $4 whenever I saw one. My Aunt Mary was visiting about 5 years ago & sorted them by color so it was easy to pull the colors together I needed. I do hope you will post a picture as I forgot to take one before sending it....lol. It will be a surprise when it comes. Happy you like the beads as well!

Joan P.
Farmgirl Sister #8056

"You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like there's nobody listening,
And live like it's heaven on earth." - William W. Purkey

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Phillippians 4:13
Go to Top of Page

Ida Jane Rooney
True Blue Farmgirl

176 Posts

Ida
ORANGE CA
USA
176 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2021 :  10:16:03 AM  Show Profile
It's a PARTAY !!! ~~~~~ Debbie set me up to "Roll Out the Good Times" right here in my own home. Her swap included everything from a mask & decorations to a recipe for the dinner entre' - (alcohol is not permitted in the mail). She painted a very cool clam shell with the Mardi Gras theme. Oh- and chocolate too? What a treat it was to receive Debbie's Mardi Gras swap.

Wannabee
"Anyone who thinks they are too small to make a difference has never met the honey bee."
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2021 :  10:42:51 AM  Show Profile
MARDI GRAS QUIZ
1. What does the French term Mardi Gras mean?
2. In 1872, the official colors of Mardi Gras (purple, green and gold) were established to honor a visiting member of a royal family. What country was he from?
3. What do these colors stand for?
4. Mardi Gras didn't originate in Louisiana but in which Southern state?
5. "King Cakes" traditionally are baked with what object hidden inside?

Quiz answers are posted at the end of the original "Let the Good Times Roll" swap on page 1 of this thread.

jean

. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2122 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2122 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2021 :  11:57:12 AM  Show Profile
Jill -- I thought you might like to know that the coins on the mini quilt are from Mardi Gras in 1981 when Mom and Dad visited New Orleans. Mom was in a wheelchair and they threw a lot of coins and beads her way.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7484 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7484 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2021 :  4:37:36 PM  Show Profile
How fun! Thanks!

Hugs
Darlene

by Frances Farmer

I TRUST IN YOU JESUS

#4943 - March 2013
FGOTM June 2013
FGOTY 2016

Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2279 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2279 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2021 :  1:02:26 PM  Show Profile

It is Fat Tuesday and even though there will be no Mardi Gras parades in New Orleans we can still Let The Good Times Roll. Thanks for the fun swap Jean.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2122 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2122 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2021 :  2:56:04 PM  Show Profile
I read that instead of decorating floats for parades the people are decorating their houses. I did a google search for Mardi Gras 2021 and sure enough there are pictures of houses and yards decorated.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2021 :  3:06:05 PM  Show Profile
LOVE the pix Julie.

Yes Judith. I saw that too. Resourceful folks down there in Nawlins. I have been trying to take some overdue photos to post on this and other swap sites. However, between my ancient ailing cell phone and my ancient ailing body, I am not having much success. Will keep trying. I especially want you to see the exquisite little wall hanging that JoanP made for me. Hope y'all are doing something a little special to celebrate Mardi Gras today. Let the good times roll.
Farmgirl hugs,
jean

. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2021 :  3:25:14 PM  Show Profile
Woo Hoo Finally!! Poor phone is on it's last leg . . . I think I am too LOL.... Anyway here is JoanP's stunning little wall hanging. It's gracing a perfect little space right by my sewing machine. Thanks sew much Joan. I love it too much.
jean

. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

Hammahsfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

154 Posts

Nik
Baldwinsville NY
USA
154 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2021 :  7:24:59 PM  Show Profile
Julie - Did you get your package from me? It was supposed to be to you by this past weekend?
Jean - I sent something to you as well and the Post office said you were both supposed to receive it by this past Saturday?

I had my daughter be sure to have them shipped out last week and check with the post office so they would make it to you both before Mardi Gras.

Niki

Hammah Nik

Hammahsfarm
Farmgirl # 8102

The little red hen asked her friends, "Who will help me plant the seeds ?" "Not I," barked the lazy dog . "Not I," purred the sleepy cat . "Not I," quacked the noisy yellow duck . "Then I will," said the little red hen .
Go to Top of Page

Hammahsfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

154 Posts

Nik
Baldwinsville NY
USA
154 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2021 :  7:55:12 PM  Show Profile

My daughters made us a Mardi Gras dinner tonight. My Youngest Lizi is the Blonde in front of me and my oldest Morgan is behind me.
We had Jambalaya, Dirty Rice, Beignets, King Cake and Swamp Punch. (They made me a Vegan Rice with Veggies and a Mini-Vegan King Cake) The Grand Kids all had Fun we listened to Cajun Music and the kids watched the Princes and the Frog. It was our Last time getting together for a while because my oldest daughter will have to quarantine from me for the next 10 weeks because of my Son in law's new EMT/Firefighter Rotation in the City. They won't guarantee his Covid Testing and he may be exposed because he may have to go on Calls that involve Covid cases this rotation. We want Her and our Grandkids to come stay with us - at least let us keep the grandkids during this time but they are going to have him quarantine in part of their house and think that will be safe enough but don't want to risk it with being around me... The whole thing makes me crazy but at least we were able to be all together tonight and had a good time!!!

Hammah Nik

Hammahsfarm
Farmgirl # 8102

The little red hen asked her friends, "Who will help me plant the seeds ?" "Not I," barked the lazy dog . "Not I," purred the sleepy cat . "Not I," quacked the noisy yellow duck . "Then I will," said the little red hen .
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2279 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2279 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2021 :  7:59:58 PM  Show Profile
Thank You for the fun packag Nikki, It came today. I love the voodoo dolls and mug rug and the fun extras.I have been super busy today so no pictures, but will get one tomorrow. Did you receive mine yet, it should have made it to you last week.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Let the Good Times Roll *** PARTNERS POSTED *** Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page