Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Dotee Doll - February Swap ***PARTNERS POSTED ***
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Dotee Doll - February Swap ***PARTNERS POSTED *** Next Topic
Page: of 9

Ida Jane Rooney
True Blue Farmgirl

176 Posts

Ida
ORANGE CA
USA
176 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2021 :  9:21:51 PM  Show Profile
The mention of a Dotee Doll in Jean's "Let the Good Times Roll" topic peaked my interest and initiated a Google search for the little creatures. Dotee Dolls are the creation of Dorothy Christian (Dot), and are named after her. Dotees are small handmade dolls that usually measure between 3 to 5 inches tall and have a loop on the top of the head for hanging and a tail hanging from the bottom of the doll. The tail is usually made of beads. These dolls are embellished with beads, embroidery floss, buttons or anything else the artist chooses to use with a face that is either embroidered, painted or drawn. You can find hundreds of examples on the internet.

I believe the last Mary Janes Farmgirl Dotee Doll swap was by Ruby V way back in 2013. So let's give it another whirl.

Here's the scoop:
Sign ups start now until February 20th. Partners Posted on the February 21st. Use your imagination and artistic skills to create a doll that will just make you happy. Enjoy !!

I can't wait to see how all you creative ladies have let your imaginations run with this. Be sure to post pictures. Everyone wants to see their own dotee doll displayed. Thank you for coming out to play.

• Brenda /BrendaPetersen • Rebecca /BeckyT

• Dianna /sunny58 • Jill /Sheridan126

• Julie /EMGJulie • Gail /GailMN

• Kathy /isewbernina • Judith /StichinWitch

• Linda /Granny of 10 • Connie /Killarney

• Linda /quiltee • Sheila /VTOma

• Mary /Madelena • Ida / Ida Jane Rooney

• Nik /Hammahsfarm • Jill /Sheridan126

• Patsy /Dirtduchess • Darlene /darlenelovesart

• Sherry /sweettea59 • Julie /treelady

• Victoria /Vicki8257 • Rebecca /Beccalou

Wannabee
"Anyone who thinks they are too small to make a difference has never met the honey bee."

Edited by - Ida Jane Rooney on Feb 20 2021 5:05:40 PM

sheridan126
True Blue Farmgirl

245 Posts

Jill
Dana Point CA
USA
245 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2021 :  10:28:32 PM  Show Profile
Brilliant, Ida! Count me in!

Jill
Farmgirl Sister 7889

"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." -e.e. cummings
Go to Top of Page

BeckyT
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Rebecca
Byhalia Ms
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2021 :  11:23:56 PM  Show Profile
Please sign me up. This looks interesting.

Trust Jesus

Farm girl 5171
Go to Top of Page

EMGJulie
True Blue Farmgirl

54 Posts

Julie
CLAWSON MI
USA
54 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2021 :  05:34:10 AM  Show Profile
Please sign me up, too. I missed all the fun swaps of the holidays and need to get back into it again. This sounds like a lot of fun. On a separate note, I just picked up a book from the 70s on how to make soft dolls and toys. Love it! It's filled with photos, patterns and instructions. The Woman's Day Book of Soft Toys and Dolls by Joan Russell

"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream." -C.S. Lewis
Go to Top of Page

Hammahsfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

154 Posts

Nik
Baldwinsville NY
USA
154 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2021 :  2:06:25 PM  Show Profile
Ida - I was going back and forth between a voodoo doll and a Dotee doll for that Swap. I just love making the VooDoo Dolls that are cute and so I had to do that ... Now I can do this too!
Please Sign me up!!!
What Fun - I looked them up and saw some beautiful examples on PINTREST.

Hammah Nik

Hammahsfarm
Farmgirl # 8102

The little red hen asked her friends, "Who will help me plant the seeds ?" "Not I," barked the lazy dog . "Not I," purred the sleepy cat . "Not I," quacked the noisy yellow duck . "Then I will," said the little red hen .
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2021 :  2:07:32 PM  Show Profile
NO! NO! I simply cannot do "another" swap right now. But, I'll just go peek at what Google has to say about these little creatures. Oh, my stars!! . . . what ever you do, DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT Google Dotee Dolls. I'm warning you, if you do, you'll be a goner like me . . . SIGN ME UP!! Big hugs Ida Jane for hosting this very fun Dotee Doll swap.
jean

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2021 :  4:02:36 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Sign me up, Ida Jane. This is. Cute type of doll.

I figured you'd cave in, Jean.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015 and April 2017

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."

Edited by - quiltee on Jan 27 2021 4:03:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7486 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7486 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2021 :  4:53:39 PM  Show Profile
That was the last time I did a Dotee Doll, that was lots of fun.
Please sign me up Ida.

thanks for hosting this swap.

Darlene

Trust in your faith, not your emotions, when it comes to making life’s decisions.
I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Just. follow God unquestionably Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I TRUST IN YOU JESUS

#4943 - March 2013
FGOTM June 2013
FGOTY 2016

Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4314 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4314 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2021 :  5:32:47 PM  Show Profile
Lmbo, Jean, one thing about me, never say never or don't look!! I did look and OH M GEE! These are adorable!!! How's come I hadn't seen these before??? Great swap Ida Jane! Count me in sweetie!! Thank you for hosting!

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

VT Oma
True Blue Farmgirl

322 Posts

Sheila
Greensboro Vermont
USA
322 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2021 :  6:59:42 PM  Show Profile
Please sign me up, they are so cute. I need some fun, building our retirement home is stressful work, so I need some fun and cuteness

Farmgirl # 5766
Sheila
Go to Top of Page

BrendaPetersen
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Brenda
Stapleton Nebraska
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2021 :  8:15:08 PM  Show Profile
Please sign me up as well. I’m returning to the flock after a nearly decade hiatus. This is the perfect way to get back my far girl groove!

H.ave
O.nly
P.ositive
E.xpectations
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2021 :  06:01:00 AM  Show Profile
Love Dotees. Found a work in process that is a mermaid...Mine. Gotta kazillion sparkly seed beads to attach.
I need a Dotee human friend for him.

I’m in...please sign me up..

"There is no unbelief: Whoever plants a seed beneath the sod and waits to see it push away the clod, he trusts in God." (Kate Douglas Wiggin)
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4850 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4850 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2021 :  7:11:55 PM  Show Profile
HI Ida jane, Please sign me up. I have made all kinds of fabric dolls. I've never made a Dotee Doll. They are so sweet!
Connie #3392
Imagine....
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2021 :  8:01:18 PM  Show Profile
I loved making the Dottee Dolls but My husband has to have two Heart surgeries, my best friend is going in for surgery and possibly my dog.
I can barely keep up with it all! So, I will pass this time! But I too will be back on to check out everyone's Doll during the swapping part.
I made myself two of the dolls to keep...one is me in my younger years with my red hair and one once I turned gray. They are hanging in my bedroom still.

Love, Hugs, and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
Aug 2018-Farmgirl of the Month

LIVE LIFE IN FULL BLOOM

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jan 28 2021 8:22:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7486 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7486 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2021 :  8:20:11 PM  Show Profile
so sorry to hear that Peggy! You take care of yourself too.

love and blessings
Darlene

Trust in your faith, not your emotions, when it comes to making life’s decisions.
I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Just. follow God unquestionably Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I TRUST IN YOU JESUS

#4943 - March 2013
FGOTM June 2013
FGOTY 2016

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2021 :  8:23:31 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Darlene...I Love You Girl! Did you ever have your surgery???? I have lost track???

Love, Hugs, and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
Aug 2018-Farmgirl of the Month

LIVE LIFE IN FULL BLOOM
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2021 :  05:43:36 AM  Show Profile
PEGGY...so understand . My husband just had double bi-pass surgery earlier in January and is now in a NH/Rehab facility, It was pretty hard on him and has finally bought into staying and finishing his rehab. I’ll be praying for you girl.

"There is no unbelief: Whoever plants a seed beneath the sod and waits to see it push away the clod, he trusts in God." (Kate Douglas Wiggin)
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2021 :  05:46:14 AM  Show Profile
DOTEES... Please sign me up! I know I posted earlier but thought it was a hip it vague.

Gonna start looking for Stuff for her....

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7486 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7486 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2021 :  6:10:16 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, not yet, I am just now getting the clearances, the cardiology one was good I guess I never heard anything different.
I went to the dentist and have to have work done there first but this is a new dentist and they are sending me to another one in Vallejo to have the work done and then this one will finish and then I can have surgery on my knee. Or I should say the first surgery on the knee. Its getting closer.
Love you too Peggy! God Bless!

Thank you!
Darlene

by Frances Farmer

I TRUST IN YOU JESUS

#4943 - March 2013
FGOTM June 2013
FGOTY 2016

Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4850 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4850 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2021 :  7:09:24 PM  Show Profile
Hey peggy!and Darlene!prayers!

Connie#3392
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7486 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7486 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2021 :  9:42:04 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Connie!

You take care too ok?

Darlene

by Frances Farmer

I TRUST IN YOU JESUS

#4943 - March 2013
FGOTM June 2013
FGOTY 2016

Go to Top of Page

Dirtduchess
True Blue Farmgirl

692 Posts

Patsy
Decatur TX
USA
692 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2021 :  12:55:24 PM  Show Profile
Please add me. Dotee dolls are so much fun.

Patsy
Farmgirl 4678

Leave room in your garden for the fairies to dance.
Go to Top of Page

isewbernina
True Blue Farmgirl

223 Posts

Kathy
Salina KS
USA
223 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2021 :  5:01:29 PM  Show Profile
Well I promised myself no more swaps and then what happened? Two that I couldn't resist. Please sign me up for the Dotee Doll Swap. Kathy

“Kindness is Free, Sprinkle that Stuff Everywhere.”
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1224 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1224 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2021 :  7:23:45 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ida, please add me to your list. I had to look too and love them. Thanks for hosting.

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
www.etsy.com/shop/markiebuck
Go to Top of Page

GailMN
True Blue Farmgirl

471 Posts

Gail
Hutchinson Minnesota
USA
471 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2021 :  06:33:39 AM  Show Profile  Send GailMN a Yahoo! Message
OK Ida, you got me! LOL! I have been looking at examples and watched a few youtube videos. I am hooked! Count me in. I love these swaps!

Gail

Farmgirl Sister #506
Aim high; shoot for the moon and if you miss it, grab a star.
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2280 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2280 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2021 :  08:17:46 AM  Show Profile
WellI curiosity got the best of me and I had to look to see what the excitement was about.what a fun idea Ida Jean, now you have to sign me up. Now I am going to spend all day planning my doll when I really need to be finishing up my”Let the Good Times Roll” swap. Thanks for doing such a fun swap!

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Dotee Doll - February Swap ***PARTNERS POSTED *** Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page