Allison Clark
Chapter Guru / Farmgirl Guide / Sharpshooter

76 Posts

Allie
Nacona Texas
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2021 :  9:50:14 PM  Show Profile

Hi, I am Allison Clark, I am not too sure how this is done. I sure hope i am doing the correct. But this is what I have been doing.
The beginner merit badge,
I started my Community Service Journal. I did my research and different organizations that I can volunteer at. Oakley Senior Center, Brentwood Senior Center, and Brentwood Neighborhood Church. I chose the Oakley Senior Center. I Helped to unload the food truck. I organized the placement of where the food needs to be. I then handed out the food to about 150 people who came through the line. I helped to clean up after all the people had gotten their food. I did this 3 different times for a total of 10 hrs. I did my report on the Farmgirl Chapter of what I did.
The Intermediate merit badge
It came out good. I really love to help people out. I have been working at the Oakley Senior Center and did another 20 hrs. I talked to Connie she is in charge of food desperation. The way they accept the volunteers is to talk to them and if they can come when they need them, they are welcome to join the group of us. They need to listen to her and just do what she wanted them to do, not what they think they should. I have been tracking my progress in my journal. I got my food handlers license and my covet 19 food handlers' license so they have someone else who has a license. Connie was very pleased I did that. I really enjoy helping out the community. But it is so sad to see some of them are so sad. I could see it in their eyes.

Allison Clark

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2021 :  05:06:24 AM  Show Profile
Allison, again - awesome! You are a light in this time of darkness and uncertainty. Thank you for all you are doing to bless your community. I am sure you are serving as a much needed reminder that better times are ahead, and providing such comfort and hope to people who are in desperate need. God bless you and the people you serve!

Hugs,

Nini

Edited by - Ninibini on Feb 21 2021 05:07:35 AM
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6789 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6789 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2021 :  05:25:27 AM  Show Profile
Allison, well done.

FarmGirl Hugs, Sara
FarmGirl Sister #6034 Aug 2014
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders & your hand over my mouth.
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2021 :  1:46:49 PM  Show Profile
Way to go Allison! Great job completing your badges. You have definitely made an impact on your community.

Krista
Go to Top of Page
  Merit Badge Chit Chat: Previous Topic Community Service Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page