Allison Clark
Chapter Guru / Farmgirl Guide / Sharpshooter

76 Posts

Allie
Nacona Texas
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2021 :  10:32:37 PM  Show Profile
Hi, I am Allison Clark I am sharing what I did for my Community service.

Expert level
I have been writing in my journal. I looked up five different needs that I could fill. Delivering food to people who cannot leave their homes. Cooking meals for seniors and delivering them to them. Grocery shopping for seniors who can't get out. Cleaning homes for people who cannot do it for themself. Drive people to doctor appointments. I did start a project with my organization where I and 4 other do home delivery of food to the people who cannot get out, or have small children. This is such a big success; I really enjoy doing this. I make 6 home deliveries a week and serve at the senior center 2 days a week. I put in 15 hours a week doing this. I did a total of 45 houses on this merit badge. I will continue this for a long time. I really love to help people. This one of the things that I am passionate about. I really love to help people.

This was and is such a positive thing for me. With the covid 19, people need to be loved and cared about. If I can bring a little sunshine into their life, it is so worth it. I spend time listening to them and don’t judge them at all. Some people just need to talk. I also am being blessed with helping out people.

Allison Clark

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2021 :  04:41:11 AM  Show Profile
Allison, this is wonderful! Kudos to you, sister! We have many older relatives across the country who have been blessed by food bank deliveries throught this entire crisis. Believe me when I say, you are a lifesaver and a godsend! Thank you for choosing this particular community service as your mission. Simply awesone!

I also want to share that one of our relatives is actually a rather well-to-do person living in a wealthy area in New England. She felt horrible "taking advantage" of this service when so many were in need, so when they call to inquire of her needs, she limits her requests to milk, eggs and bread. But the community instituted this service in order to protect people from being exposed or spreading Covid, which at one time was rampant where she lives. That being the case, the food bank provide free groceries to ANYONE in the community who is at high risk and should stay home. I told her it is ok to ask because her community wants to keep their citizens safe. She promised to request what she needs, and is responding with generous donations to the food bank for all they've done for her and the community as a whole. So, truly, thank you for all you are doing!

Hugs,

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Edited by - Ninibini on Feb 21 2021 04:58:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6747 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6747 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2021 :  05:26:01 AM  Show Profile
Allison, well done.

FarmGirl Hugs, Sara
FarmGirl Sister #6034 Aug 2014
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders & your hand over my mouth.
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2021 :  1:51:54 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations on completing your expert badge! This is so wonderful! You are so sweet and kind and you are making such a huge impact on others. Probably more than you will ever know. I love hearing these kinds of stories.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2021 :  05:55:14 AM  Show Profile
Alison, congratulations of a job well done! You are an inspiration to others with your passion and can do attitude.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page
  Merit Badge Chit Chat: Previous Topic Community Service Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page