Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Scrap Happy - Spring **** PARTNERS POSTED ****
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Scrap Happy - Spring **** PARTNERS POSTED **** Next Topic
Page: of 5

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2021 :  5:08:04 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
WOW! That's beautiful, Jean. Great job, Judith.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015 and April 2017

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."

Edited by - quiltee on Apr 15 2021 5:08:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2134 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2134 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2021 :  12:29:30 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Jean; it was a pleasure making it for you. I love working with the little pieces. Here are some of my scrap containers. There is also a shoebox of 1 inch squares up at the trailer and a little bin or two of miscellaneous scraps.
Two inch squaresOne inch stripsOne and a half inch strips roughly arranged by color

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2021 :  09:06:19 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Judith - I like the way you have your squares and strips sorted. I'm not QUITE that organized. I do have a large Container Store drawer of 2-1/2" strips, and two other drawers - one with light miscellaneous strips and another with color strips, both various widths. I also have bags of squares: 2", 2-1/2", 3-1/2", 4-1/2" and 6-1/2" and a bag or two of triangle pairs - cut off when adding squares to corners for blocks. Then I have my huge containers of selvage edges and miscellaneous scraps. I'd love to whittle down my scraps more, but I find it hard to do between working on projects. LOL!

Question: When working with the 1" squares and strips do you press seams to one side or open? I haven't worked with squares that small - the smallest being 1-1/2", but mostly 2".

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2021 :  3:07:52 PM  Show Profile
That scrap happy quilt is a beauty. Congratulations to both of you.

TexasGran
Let God's light shine through you every day.

Amazon Children's Books, look for my name:Marilyn Robinson Godfrey
Craftsy: patterns for farm stick animals under my name.
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2134 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2134 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2021 :  8:21:32 PM  Show Profile
Linda -- I used to have boxes of 3 ½ , 4 ½, and 6 ½ too but once I became addicted to teeny piecing I gave the bigger pieces away.
I press seams to the side except pinwheels -- they get pressed open.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2021 :  8:57:36 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Jill -

I received my package from you on Saturday. I love it all. I will take and post a picture tomorrow. Thank you! Love this swap.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919

Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2021 :  3:36:38 PM  Show Profile
Judith --
Your Scrap Happy goodies are packed up and ready to go to the Post Office. Hubby has a trip planned to the "city" (Deary, population around 500) tomorrow to the feed store. He will stop off at the Post Office if the traffic isn't too bad, and mail your package.
Farmgirl hugs,
jean

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2134 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2134 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2021 :  4:52:24 PM  Show Profile
Jean -- I just gotta ask ya --- How did your town get that name?? I can't imagine it being as bad as all that, or is it a really great place and they named it that to keep people away.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2021 :  5:26:07 PM  Show Profile
No. No. You must have misread. It's not DREARY -- it's DEARY. Named after a logging honcho in this area in the late 1800's.
jean

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking

Edited by - JeanP on Apr 20 2021 5:27:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2134 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2134 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2021 :  6:06:11 PM  Show Profile
Oh crikey -- I must have printed it wrong on your package! That logging honcho must have been a dreamboat. Your town is sounding better and better.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2021 :  10:37:05 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Here are the beautiful things that Jill sent me.

There is a shoulder purse, 3 flowers to use for craft projects or add to the purse, a large piece of red and white fabric (this will be put to great use - I already have at least one idea for it), some smaller fabric pieces, a pocket Kleenex tissue holder with tissues, a mug rug, and some decorative paper for projects. Thank you so much, Jill. I love what you made. You did a great job.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919

Go to Top of Page

NatChap
True Blue Farmgirl

441 Posts

Natalie
Clarkesville GA
USA
441 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2021 :  3:42:13 PM  Show Profile
Brenda,

Thank you for the sweet card, patchwork zippered bag, and the pretty ruffled trim you made. I am thinking about making a valance for the upstairs double window using this trim. The colors would go beautifully with a vibrant painting I have on the wall. The bag will come in super handy for sewing and crochet supplies/tools.

Keep shining!
Natalie

Go to Top of Page

Lavender Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

1979 Posts

Brenda
Jackson MI
USA
1979 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2021 :  11:27:21 AM  Show Profile
Natalie you're very welcome. I had a table covered with scraps from my last sewing project and decided to just randomly grab pieces of fabric and start stitching pieces on a muslin strip. Glad you will be able to use it.

My husband looked at it and asked what in the world will that be used for. I told him for trim on anything. Curtains, tote bag, apron maybe. Who knows. Oh, he said and shook his head. Lol....
BTW, did I forget to sew the inside bottom of the lining after I turned it right side out. I thought of that today and can't remember if I did. Happy Sewing.

Farm Girl Hugs,
Brenda

"There's no place like home"
Isn't the love of Jesus something wonderful!
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2021 :  8:17:04 PM  Show Profile
Judith --
Tracking tells me your package is at the Sacramento Distribution Center and will be delivered on Monday. I was hoping it would have gotten there by now. Oh well, at least it's on it's way and not lost.
jean

. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

NatChap
True Blue Farmgirl

441 Posts

Natalie
Clarkesville GA
USA
441 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2021 :  10:25:01 AM  Show Profile
Brenda,
I am looking at this eye candy of a trim and it looks great. You did sew the inside bottom. You inspired me to try this as well. Sometimes husbands just can't see what we do as we work our magic. Lol! It's a rainy day here in Georgia, and tea is calling! Enjoy the day!

Keep shining!
Natalie

Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2021 :  11:16:45 AM  Show Profile
Juditth --
Tracking tells me your package was dropped off on your front porch on Monday. Did you get it OK?. After my experience with a package for Katmom getting "delivered" but to the wrong place, I like to keep track.
jean

. . . .Stephen Hawking

Edited by - JeanP on Apr 27 2021 11:17:36 AM
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2134 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2134 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2021 :  2:26:31 PM  Show Profile
Jean -- It arrived safely and I just love all of it! I spent yesterday in the yard doing long overdue chores and wasn't on the computer. Sometimes you just gotta do that. Bethany is hanging out next to the voodoo doll but she says she wants to change her name to Sunshine Flowerchild and go to Haight Ashbury. It's a good thing you sewed her bloomers on tight.

We both admired the quiltlet with its little rack and other goodies.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2021 :  2:28:46 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Jean,

I can't wait until I get home and can print out that pattern for the little quilt rack so my husband can make me one.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2021 :  4:40:46 PM  Show Profile
Jean, I try to watch carefully, for package deliveries. I've been known to give chase, to the UPS truck.
For the last several months, we have two USPS carriers. Our regular carrier brings the mail, but someone else brings the packages. And they deliver packages...7 days a week. This was a problem recently when I received notice that a package was delivered, but it was Not delivered to me.
On Monday I called our post office several times...it was always busy! Next day same thing. So...if
I called the young guy who is the son of a friend, and postmaster of a little PO about 9 miles from us. He was so nice, answered my questions and explained a bit about postal operations.
The next afternoon I found the missing package...on my kitchen table.
Turns out it had been delivered on Sunday (by a half wit). They left it for our neighbors, the last ones on our lane. It had been rained on and the winds had tossed it into the high grass. My daughter in law noticed the " trash", walked over into the neighbors place to pick it up, and brought it to our house. I was so happy!

TexasGran

Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2681 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2681 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2021 :  4:55:36 PM  Show Profile
Oh Mariilyn, we've been experiencing similar mail and package issues here as well!

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2021 :  7:37:57 PM  Show Profile
And that's not all! On April first I placed an order for stamps, a lot of stamps, I paid with PayPal...after a week I began checking on the stamp order. On April 21st I asked PayPal to cancel the order...but they said they are not allowed to do that. So I sent a message to the USPS site. I told them they had dropped the ball! I asked that the order be canceled. After waiting for several days for their internal investigation, finally I got a message. They can not cancel the order!
They are like bad children who take no responsibility for their bad actions!!! I am so disgusted.

TexasGran

Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2283 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2283 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2021 :  5:28:51 PM  Show Profile
Thank You Heather for the amazing scrap package. I feel utterly spoiled.

I love it all. The Junk journal, table runner and Apron are all so special. The mug rug made me chuckle and I can’t wait to use the soap. Such fun, creative things.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

1979 Posts

Brenda
Jackson MI
USA
1979 Posts

Posted - May 03 2021 :  5:31:13 PM  Show Profile
Natalie I got the idea for the trim from journal making projects. They use paper scraps or fabric scraps with bits and pieces of being or buttons, lace, trims, ribbons etc.i didn't pay attention to the back side since it wasn't going to show. A person could be neater, but I was in a hurry. Lol...too many things to get done these days.

Looks like I have to give this up for now lots of wedding projects to make. Plus time to plan the garden and the list goes on. Just like it does for everyone. Had more time for Swaps when I was working. Lol...

Farm Girl Hugs,
Brenda

"There's no place like home"
Isn't the love of Jesus something wonderful!
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - May 03 2021 :  6:52:21 PM  Show Profile
Beautiful, colorful things, made by our farm girl sisters.
Brenda, don't feel bad about having to stop swapping for a while. It sounds like your plate is full and running over.
I recently called a halt to all but three of the swaps I enjoy...reason...my hands and RA.
Now I'm trying to recover from a bad fall. Nothing broke, but only because God was there. I tripped over a bunch of hoses and a cord my hubby had out by the chicken pens...but I fell against the side of the pen...it did not move...so my body folded backward...and boy did it hurt. But when my son arrived, helped me up and walked me to the back door...I came inside and put my new pain patches to the test. They have really helped. Body Align, is the brand...order on line.

TexasGran

Go to Top of Page

jmpiercy
True Blue Farmgirl

440 Posts

Joan
Lansing North Carolina
USA
440 Posts

Posted - May 21 2022 :  10:11:06 AM  Show Profile
Hi. I am finally sending April's (Dreamer42) Scrap Happy - Spring 2021 Swap. It is only over a year later, but better late than never!
It is supposed to arrive by 5/25/22, and the tracking # is 9505 5117 5987 2141 3171 62. Hope you enjoy everything, April!

Joan P.
Farmgirl Sister #8056

"You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like there's nobody listening,
And live like it's heaven on earth." - William W. Purkey

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Phillippians 4:13
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Scrap Happy - Spring **** PARTNERS POSTED **** Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page