Allison Clark
Chapter Guru / Farmgirl Guide / Sharpshooter

76 Posts

Allie
Nacona Texas
USA
76 Posts

Posted - May 08 2021 :  11:04:21 PM  Show Profile
I spent 40 hours with my senior lady. I took her for several car rides. We went down Marsh Creek Rd and checked out all the flowering trees and the Flowers on the side of the road and talked a lot about that. At her house, we played cards she loves playing cards. She has dementia so it's difficult for her to remember the rules so I have to constantly remind her about the rules and how to play. I let her win all the time on purpose so she feels good about herself. I then brought her home with me one day to spend some time with my daycare. She was here with us for a total of eight hours. The kids really had a good time talking with her and sitting in her lap. It was really nice to see how she interacted with the children and how the children interacted with her. I made them all lunch and we sat and had lunch together. I made chicken Nuggets for everybody even for Myra my senior lady she really liked eating the chicken Nuggets with the kids I cut up a bunch of fruit to go with it And Cup of milk. I then took Mira out for the evening we had dinner at Kentucky fried chicken. We stayed in a hotel for the night and watched movies until 1:00 o'clock in the morning. We then got up in the morning and I took her to my craft club where she did crafts with me all day long for a total of like 8 hours. I then took her to dinner we ate at Chili's and had a good conversation about the craft club. While she's at the craft club she preceded to draw pictures and color with my colored pencils. She did not want to make cards. But she enjoyed visiting with all the ladies it was really nice because she doesn't usually get out and do a lot of this. I then went and got her some roses for Mother's Day tomorrow is Mother's Day and gave them to her along with a handmade card that I made her she loved card she loved the Flowers or roses. We planted a garden together, she loved watering it. I do all the weeding.

Allison Clark

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - May 10 2021 :  1:22:08 PM  Show Profile
Allison, your adventures with Myra sound so wonderful. I'm glad you two had so much fun and a big adventure. I bet she really enjoyed all the time she got to spend with you. I hope you guys get to spend more time together.

Krista
Go to Top of Page
  Merit Badge Chit Chat: Previous Topic Greatest Generation Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page