Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Chit Chat
 Make It Easy: Furniture Makeover
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Merit Badge Chit Chat: Previous Topic Make It Easy: Furniture Makeover Next Topic  

Carrie W
Farmgirl Legend/Chapter Guru

437 Posts

Saratoga Springs New York
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2021 :  12:49:26 PM  Show Profile
My beginner project was a simple crate makeover...using a dumpster dive crate that had broken bottom slats and some free slab wood from the local lumber yard which I cut down to size and leveled out using shims. This is my comfy place on sunny days!

My intermediate level project was two outdoor chairs, also items which I snagged next to trash cans in my neighborhood. I simply cannot pass up these fixer-upper treasures. I used up three different cans of spray paint, leftover from previous projects, on the wicker chair to give it a new finish. Then I fashioned a cushion out of an old men's shirt. The other chair (one of a pair) needed some new webbing along the seat so I pulled out the rotted portions and re-wove it with the remainder of a spool of macramé fiber. I made a pair of cushions for the two chairs and now I can sit contentedly in the back yard and enjoy the pair of bluebirds in residence in my bluebird house~

My expert level project was a total makeover of two tall-backed chairs which I cut down with my bowsaw and recovered with padding and new fabric, using my staple gun and some upholstery tacks for pizazze! My doggies love their new cushy nap spots~

Farmgirl Sisterhood #147
2009 Farmgirl of the Year

Not your average Girl ;-)

Tis better to weep at joy than to joy at weeping--Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing

Edited by - Carrie W on Jul 04 2021 12:49:56 PM

debbieklann
Sharpshooter/Schoolmarm

764 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
764 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2021 :  7:29:19 PM  Show Profile
Carrie, you have been busy! You did a great job on everything! I think that your outside space looks like the place to be and I love the idea of making a chair cushion out of an old shirt....very comfy!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl of the Year

"Well behaved women seldom make history"....Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6685 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6685 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2021 :  1:34:18 PM  Show Profile
Wow Carrie! Way to go on all your badges! You have been super busy and everything looks great! I love that the dogs approve too!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2021 :  09:44:45 AM  Show Profile
Carrie, your projects are great but I luv your pups!
:)

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Carrie W
Farmgirl Legend/Chapter Guru

437 Posts

Saratoga Springs New York
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2021 :  1:19:32 PM  Show Profile
Katmom...they are so funny! They don't let me do much on my own, for sure....but then, that's why I have them <3 <3

Farmgirl Sisterhood #147
2009 Farmgirl of the Year

Not your average Girl ;-)

Tis better to weep at joy than to joy at weeping--Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2021 :  10:48:08 AM  Show Profile
Carrie, what amazing projects you did for this badge!! WOW! Congratulations on all of your levels and each project turned out wonderfully! Plus, they all got Pup Approval and we know pups don't just sit on anything. They like the BEST!! LOL!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page
  Merit Badge Chit Chat: Previous Topic Make It Easy: Furniture Makeover Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page