Allison Clark
Chapter Guru / Farmgirl Guide / Sharpshooter

76 Posts

Allie
Nacona Texas
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2021 :  11:38:19 PM  Show Profile
I took a road trip to set up my glamping to another location. I went to my friend Candy's house/ ranch and set up my tent and glamped it up. I came up with a re-purpose recycle project for my glamp site. I had this fan that was not working and the blades were sitting in a box. I re-purposed them by adding a table leg, old antenna, half cercal piece of wood for my project. I then proceeded to paint it screw it together and make it into a dragonfly. I planned two easy creative craft projects for glamping with my girlfriends. I upcycled again with the ladies by using a Can wrapping it in paper adding bling and a flower to the can to make a pencil holder. I also taught the ladies how to make a loom to get them started on their weaving merit badge. We upcycled cardboard and yarn to make bracelets. We did some star gazing and cooked a dinner a dessert and a snack. This was a very fun merit badge I enjoyed doing it.

Allison Clark

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2021 :  09:50:07 AM  Show Profile
Allison, what an awesome glamping event you held with your friends!! It sounds like a lot of fun making crafts that were eco friendly and useful too. It reminds me of the days when I was a senior Girl Scout and we went on back packing camping trips all while working on specific badges the entire time. I know you all had fun and thanks for posting what you did and sharing the photos with us.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2021 :  8:27:40 PM  Show Profile
Allison, what a fun trip you had! Your dragonfly is so cute and very creative. Your other projects sound so fun too. It sounds like you all had a blast and will hopefully do it again!

Krista
Go to Top of Page
  Merit Badge Chit Chat: Previous Topic Glamping Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page