Author Merit Badge Chit Chat: Previous Topic Apples Next Topic  

Carrie W
Farmgirl Legend/Chapter Guru

437 Posts

Saratoga Springs New York
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2021 :  08:43:15 AM  Show Profile
I finished writing up my application for the three levels of the Apples badge and I'm supposed to share about some things that I learned... and this is probably way outside the "box" for this, but I learned how to oil paint and my favorite finished canvas is the still life of Apples! I don't think that I ever looked at an apple so closely, but I have to say, I have so much appreciation for this fruit that is so abundant here that there are random "wild" apple trees on most back roads. This fruit is definitely underappreciated! They are SO varied and come in so many colors, sizes, textures...just amazing! I'm glad those first seeds survived the trip across the ocean and found good soil to grow in so that now, a couple hundred years later, they are still bringing wonder and joy to adventurers <3

Farmgirl Sisterhood #147
2009 Farmgirl of the Year

Not your average Girl ;-)

Tis better to weep at joy than to joy at weeping--Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2021 :  2:33:29 PM  Show Profile
Carrie, your painting is beautiful! And congratulations on completing all 3 levels of your badge. I truly love red apples and my family enjoys them frequently. But I agree. I think they go unappreciated all the time. It’s amazing how many things we can make with apples and how many creatures enjoy them.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2021 :  5:01:41 PM  Show Profile
Carrie, your new apple painting is wonderful!! Congratulations on completing all three levels too. Apples are my favorite fruit and the more you get to know them, the more fascinating they are. I agree with you that apples are taken for granted but perhaps that is because people never considered taking a deeper look at them and exploring the many varieties that exist and the history behind the apple's arrival to this country. Thanks for sharing and enjoy your new painting in your home!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

Carrie W
Farmgirl Legend/Chapter Guru

437 Posts

Saratoga Springs New York
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2021 :  08:26:19 AM  Show Profile
Thank you, Krista and Winnie! I am so happy to be writing up my badges from the last several years and working on new ones after a long time of separation due to life events. I have missed sharing and chatting with all my Farmgirl Sisters <3

Farmgirl Sisterhood #147
2009 Farmgirl of the Year

Not your average Girl ;-)

Tis better to weep at joy than to joy at weeping--Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2021 :  07:19:25 AM  Show Profile
Carrie, it is great to have you back too! Good luck getting all of your backlog of badges finished and submitted. Do you have a special idea of how you would like to display them? In the past, Farmgirls have added them to denim jackets, totes, and quilt tops. Just wondering if you had some plan for all of yours.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page
  Merit Badge Chit Chat: Previous Topic Apples Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page