ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4714 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4714 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2021 :  2:20:02 PM  Show Profile
At least this is new to me! I was at Cantigny Park in Wheaton, IL today when I saw a large family reunion going on in one of the picnic groves. They were playing tag, but instead of the usual "tag you're it" the person who got tagged held hands with the one who had tagged them. Then they ran together to tag someone else, once they caught someone they joined holding hands until they got a large chain of people trying to run together to tag someone. They were laughing and sometimes the middle people would have to jump across picnic tables as they chased each other around. If the chain broke the last person tagged started it again with a new group. Young and old were running and laughing having a great time. My son & I enjoyed watching them have fun on this beautiful summer day. Maybe next time you're at a picnic, try playing this version and see if it is as fun as it looks!

Dawn in IL

"Just living is not enough, one must have sunshine, freedom and a little flower." Hans Christian Andersen

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2132 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2132 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2021 :  2:33:12 PM  Show Profile
This sounds similar to but not quite the same as crack the whip that I recall playing about a million years ago.

Judith

7932 FGOTM 6/21
I'm old and I do wear purple

Edited by - StitchinWitch on Aug 15 2021 2:34:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2021 :  3:47:44 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Sounds fun.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015 and April 2017

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4330 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4330 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2021 :  5:28:49 PM  Show Profile
Haha! I remember that Judith!!! Eeks.....

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4714 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4714 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2021 :  04:54:08 AM  Show Profile
It seemed kind of like a combination of tag, crack the whip and red rover to me as I watched them play. Those who were trying to avoid being tagged would duck under the arms of the tagged people who were holding hands to try to get away. Lots of laughter and some running, it looked like a fun game for a crowd.

Dawn in IL

"Just living is not enough, one must have sunshine, freedom and a little flower." Hans Christian Andersen
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2132 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2132 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2021 :  12:20:39 PM  Show Profile
We used to play red rover until the kid down the block got his arm broken and parents wouldn't let us play it anymore. Then we went on to play kick the can. We lived in Berkeley where it can get quite foggy and my favorite was playing hide and seek in the fog. You had to stay out in the open and not really hide anywhere.

Judith

7932 FGOTM 6/21
I'm old and I do wear purple
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2021 :  2:49:13 PM  Show Profile
I remember Crack the Whip (barely).. lol!
Now the only 'cracking' you'll hear, are my joints!

snorkes-n-giggles...

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2021 :  1:01:02 PM  Show Profile
Whatever they were playing if sounds like everyone was having a great time! Summertime is made of these sorts of memories I think.

Grace, I remember playing Crack the whip when we were ice skating as kids. I was a beginner skater so this game caused me to fall and then bring down others with me! But we all laughed and got back up and kept going. Today, I would never even think about doing such a thing for fear I would break something ! Old Farmgirls become a bit fragile each increasing decade! LOL!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9233 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9233 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2021 :  6:08:51 PM  Show Profile
Crack the whip was so much fun. I dont know how many times many of us wiuld end up in a snowbank or sprawled on the ice. Lol

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"I am a bookaholic and I have no desire to be cured."

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic A New Way to Play Tag Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page