Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Chit Chat
 Each Other - Blogging - Beginner and Intermediate
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Merit Badge Chit Chat: Previous Topic Each Other - Blogging - Beginner and Intermediate Next Topic  

slsundgren
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Stacy
Liberty Texas
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2021 :  08:45:12 AM  Show Profile  Send slsundgren a Yahoo! Message
Good morning everyone! I think I am about as technologically challenged as anyone could be, but I've decided to take a plunge into the world of blogging. The topic of my blog will be genealogy. That's a pretty big topic, but I hope to create interesting and informative posts dealing with it a little bit at a time. I've just completed an introductory post as part of the Intermediate Level requirement.
https://growingyourfamilytree.blogspot.com/

On to Advanced Level!

Have a great day!

Stacy
Farmgirl #7112

debbieklann
Sharpshooter/Schoolmarm

764 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
764 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2021 :  08:49:16 AM  Show Profile
Stacy, there are a LOT of us that are technologically challenged....don't feel alone!! haha
What an interesting topic for your blog! Genealogy is a real rabbit hole for me. I'm looking forward to reading your blog and learning more!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl of the Year

"Well behaved women seldom make history"....Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

slsundgren
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Stacy
Liberty Texas
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2021 :  10:23:28 AM  Show Profile  Send slsundgren a Yahoo! Message
Hi Debbie!
Thanks for the support and encouragement! I know what you mean about those rabbit holes. I've been down a bunch of them through the years with my research, but I've learned over time how to avoid a lot of that to accomplish more with my efforts. Those are the kinds of things I'm hoping to talk about as the blog progresses. I believe anyone can do their own research successfully and discover a lot of wonderful, fascinating facts about their ancestors.
Have a great day!
Stacy
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Carole
New York
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2021 :  10:52:09 AM  Show Profile
Stacy, I hope you enjoy blogging. I have been blogging for over 14 years gasp! Wow, I hadn't done the math. It's a wonderful creative outlet. Let me know if I can assist you.

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com
Go to Top of Page

slsundgren
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Stacy
Liberty Texas
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2021 :  11:31:12 AM  Show Profile  Send slsundgren a Yahoo! Message
Oh Carole, Thank You! I may need to call on your expertise with it, LOL! Even with the book and all the "how-to's" out there, just getting a simple page set up for typing and a few photos has been a little bit challenging. Have a wonderful afternoon!

Stacy
Farmgirl #7112
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6685 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6685 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2021 :  12:09:51 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations on completing your beginner and intermediate badges, Stacy! Genealogy is such an interesting topic. Many of my family members are big into genealogy. Especially my mother in law. I love hearing the stories she finds. Good luck with your advanced badge.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

slsundgren
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Stacy
Liberty Texas
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2021 :  12:56:23 PM  Show Profile  Send slsundgren a Yahoo! Message
Thanks so much, Krista! Genealogy is something I do enjoy so much. I thought it might be a cool topic for a blog and hope that others will be inspired to start their own research. Have a great evening!

Stacy
Farmgirl #7112
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
Sharpshooter/Schoolmarm

764 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
764 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2021 :  3:05:40 PM  Show Profile
That is where I need help, Stacy....to research with more intention!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl of the Year

"Well behaved women seldom make history"....Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page
  Merit Badge Chit Chat: Previous Topic Each Other - Blogging - Beginner and Intermediate Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page