True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2022 :  6:24:53 PM  Show Profile
DOG DAYS JUNK JOURNAL
There seems to be some interest in Junk Journals AND I have become quite manic lately about the latest little book I learned to make. So here’s the deal . . . on or before the swap closing date, I will send each person who signs up one of my handmade books which are basically 5’1/2” x 4-1/2 “ along with a bag of ephemera also known as junk to get you started. Fill the book anyway you want. You can even leave some blank pages for your partner to play with or comment on. No backing out once you get the book. You will have a month to create your masterpiece before mailing to your partner. What is a junk journal you ask? Well according to Google --A Junk Journal is a handmade book of recycled and found materials and ephemera. The pages can be used to write, draw, paint or record memories, thoughts, ideas, and inspiration. The finished junk journal can become anything you want. -- Here is a great link for “How to Make a Junk Journal”.
https://loganlibraries.org/2020/04/16/how-to-make-a-junk-journal/#:~:text=A%20Junk%20Journal%20is%20a,can%20become%20anything%20you%20want.
IMPORTANT DATES
July 30 Swap closes
July 31 Partners Posted
August 31 Mail by Date

So let's sit by the a/c and create a junk journal . . . and who knows what a treasure we may get in return . . .

[red]JOURNAL JUNKIES - PARTNERS POSTED
Dianna (Suny58) and Barbie (Rubberfish)
Karen (Jokamartel) and Andrea (AndreaPA)
Marie (Churunga) and Judith (StitchinWitch)
April (Dreamer42) and Julie (TreeLady)
Debbie (BlessedinColorado) and FGOTM Wanda (Wanda Sue)
Linda (quiltee) and Marlene (MBurns)
Heather (nndairy) and Jennifer (JenRap)
Denise (Levisgrammy) and Sherry (sweettea59)
Nancy Jo (NancyGartenman) and Jill (jill skane)
Allison (Allison Clark) and Vanessa (Audra Rose)
Marilyn (TexasGran) and Jean (JeanP)
[/size=4][/font=Comic Sans MS]
[red]

Farmgirl hugs,
jean

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking

Edited by - JeanP on Jul 30 2022 11:09:34 PM

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4314 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4314 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2022 :  6:28:24 PM  Show Profile
Oh dear, how can I resist this? I've a whole stash of gorgeous journals I bought in the past plus a few I made! Yea, it is very relaxing and totally fun and creative! So, with that said, I'll play! Sign me up Jean!! Thank you!! Hugs!

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

Jokamartell
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2022 :  6:42:11 PM  Show Profile
I’m 100% in!! Love this idea!!! Jean would you like to be reimbursed for postage??

Karen :)
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6395 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6395 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2022 :  7:14:29 PM  Show Profile
Karen you make real nice journals.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Oregon
With Colorado on My Mind
Farmgirl of the Month September 2012 and February 2018
“My altars are My Mountains
and the Ocean.” Lord Byron”

When I am Old I Shall Wear Purple !!

Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2022 :  7:28:11 PM  Show Profile
OMG! I am so in.

Marie
Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2656 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2656 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2022 :  9:02:46 PM  Show Profile
Hi Jean, I adore junk journals whole heartedly, completely, and am totally addicted! Please sign me up!

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6395 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6395 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2022 :  9:22:11 PM  Show Profile
Sign me up Jean, with a month and a half I should be able to do one. I am excited!

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Oregon
With Colorado on My Mind
Farmgirl of the Month September 2012 and February 2018
“My altars are My Mountains
and the Ocean.” Lord Byron”

When I am Old I Shall Wear Purple !!

Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2022 :  10:05:47 PM  Show Profile
Thank you so much for playing Dianna, Karen, Marie, April and Debbie.
Dianna -- You can certainly use one of your own books instead of the one I send to you. . . your choice.
Karen -- Postage reimbursement is definitely not required. I love making these little books and by sending them out to our swappers, I make room to make new ones. LOL. And, I have bags and totes of ephemera, so this is a great excuse for me to clean out a bit.

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2022 :  10:49:29 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Jean - I'd like to try this, too! Please sign me up. I've never made one, and it sounds like a lot of fun.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015 and April 2017

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2972 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2022 :  06:50:19 AM  Show Profile
This sounds like a fun challenge! Sign me up please :)

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2280 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2280 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2022 :  07:09:10 AM  Show Profile
I have never done a junk journal before, but would love to try one. Thank You Jean, this sound fun.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4314 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4314 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2022 :  09:09:54 AM  Show Profile
Got my tags punched out and am already inking and making Ephemera Jean! I feel so motivated!! :) and please , I'd love to use one of your journals UNLESS so many sign up you haven't enough! But you know me and postage, so let that be. Hugs!!

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9205 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9205 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2022 :  09:42:57 AM  Show Profile
Making junk journals is an addiction for me! I love it and it is so relaxing and I have found tons of free decorative pages and all kinds of ephemera on Pinterest. A farm girl sent me a junk journal for a fall swap last year and it is gorgeous. She took so much time and it really inspires me when I look through it. That is what made me start looking into these. I do make mine so there is lots of places to write in it and little tidbits to add interest.
I'd love to join Jean!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"I am a bookaholic and I have no desire to be cured."

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/

Edited by - levisgrammy on Jul 15 2022 09:44:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2022 :  10:24:11 AM  Show Profile
Oh WOWZER! I am thrilled with the awesome response. I guess we really are ready for a little Dog Days, air conditioning friendly, activity. Welcome aboard Linda, Heather, Julie, and Denise.
Linda -- Fabric scraps work great for junk journals. Tee Hee.
Heather -- Oh boy, do I have some perfect cover paper for your book.
Dianna -- You, over-achiever, you . . . :)
Julie -- Your chatroom name gives me inspiration to try out a technique I've been admiring for your cover.
Denise -- Thank you so much for the inspiration that is behind the creation of this swap.

We have several who are new to junk journaling. So please, whenever you come across a good website on the subject, share that link with the rest of us.

DH asked me this morning while I was telling him about the great response if I'd have enough books. Hahahahaha. I informed him that I have enough stuff on hand to make 50 books. And this was going to help me so much in cleaning up my studio. He liked that.

. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1224 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1224 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2022 :  10:39:31 AM  Show Profile
Hi Jean, I would love to join in on the fun. Please add me to your list of talented women. This will be fun.

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
www.etsy.com/shop/markiebuck
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2022 :  10:59:42 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I understand using up stash - in my case it is fabric. And then yesterday I bought 11 yards of fabric mostly christmas. LOL!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

Wanda Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

1093 Posts

Wanda
Murrells Inlet SC
USA
1093 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2022 :  11:17:40 AM  Show Profile
Yes please, I have been wanting to try this!! I enjoy watching “Treasure Books” and “Paper Outpost” on YouTube.

A day hemmed in prayer is less likely to unravel.

Farm Girl #3677
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2122 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2122 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2022 :  11:44:58 AM  Show Profile
Can I play too? Please please? I promise to behave and not make any XXX journal pages.

Judith

7932 FGOTM 6/21
I'm old and I do wear purple
Go to Top of Page

JennRap
True Blue Farmgirl

163 Posts

Jennifer
Sonora CA
USA
163 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2022 :  12:00:46 PM  Show Profile
These are so intriguing! I've seen decorative items in the craft store for these and I love the idea of "scavenging" for items. I'm thinking this might even be a good idea for me to share with my niece! Please sign me up, I look forward to learning this new craft outlet!

Jennifer Rapoza
California - Idaho bound in 2023! <3
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2022 :  12:04:59 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
WOW! This is a very popular topic! Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with for their Junk Journals.

Thanks, Jean, for this swap idea! Wonderful idea!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919

Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2022 :  12:33:55 PM  Show Profile
Woo Hoo -- More Journal Junkies. Welcome Sherry, Wanda, Judith and Jennifer.

Judith . . . No, No! Don't behave. Like Eleanor Roosevelt said, "Well-behaved women never accomplish anything" . . . or something to that effect. If you get an open-minded partner, you might squeak by a page or two. Hahahahaha.

And, Linda, I really can't take full credit for the inspiration behind this swap. It was inspired by some chatter between StitchinWitch and Levisgrammy. I kept thinking about their comments. And then when I learned to make this little book, it all kind of fell in place . . . not to mention all the "junk" I can pass on and get out of my studio. LOL. I just love WIN/WIN situations like this.

. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9205 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9205 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2022 :  4:32:33 PM  Show Profile
Here's a link to one of the gals I follow. She has free printables on her blog too.
https://youtu.be/phh550i3X4o

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"I am a bookaholic and I have no desire to be cured."

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4314 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4314 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2022 :  4:42:05 PM  Show Profile
Lol, no Jean. Not an overachiever for sure! Its been months since I've been motivated to create because of some personal hardships but this little project brings me great joy and is very therapeutic!! So this is almost medicinal for me, lol! I will use my own papers. They are plant/ flowered dyed. Check this one out, this one could be xxx, Judith! Lol,lol!
So help me know the exact size you are creating Jean, 5 1/2 X 4 1/2 with one signature of how many pages??

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4314 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4314 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2022 :  4:42:55 PM  Show Profile
Whoops, it is upside down

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
Go to Top of Page

Jokamartell
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2022 :  5:17:26 PM  Show Profile
Denise, you are so sweet! Thank you!! :)

I’m excited for this swap and the interest!! I have SOOOOOOOOO much stuff, I think, like Jean, I could make 100s! Lol

Karen :)
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2022 :  5:43:44 PM  Show Profile
Dianna -- No worries. I am sending you one of my books. You get NO PASS for not receiving my junk. LOL It has lots of pages. That's why I am emphasizing that it's OK to leave pages blank for the recipient to play with too. And, this is a junk journal -- which basically means no rules and anything goes. So anyone who wants to make their own book or use something they already have -- not a problem. I just seem to be making so many of these little Reverse Piano Hinge books that I saw this as a way to pass them on. It's not necessary to use the one you get for this project. Any size works -- just let your muse guide you.

. . . .Stephen Hawking

"When life gives you junk, make a junk journal."
. . . .jean pici
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 17 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Dog Days Junk Journal Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page