Page: of 17

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2022 :  09:03:53 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I have been thinking of ideas for my journal, and even bought a bag of more laces and ephemera at a thrift shop. I will have a lot to do to catch up when I get home from Albuquerque. We are thinking we will be leaving close to Sunday, August 7th.

Love the idea of hiding a picture - maybe not completely hidden. LOL!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015 and April 2017

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2680 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2680 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2022 :  09:56:47 AM  Show Profile
Jean, I have gone off the beaten path a little, I'm hoping that is ok... While I will be using the junk journal you sent me "for me" :-) I started something prior to receiving your package. Still a junk journal of course, just a little bigger and a little different. I hope my partner won't mind? I do have it complete and am just waiting for my partners name!

Thank you again for your junk journal and all the incredible ephemera you sent! Crazy generous and I have already began using! I do love the way you seamed the junk journal you sent, I've not seen that before and will attempt to duplicate it in the future! :-) Thank you for hosting this swap - as I love love love junk journals and was just thinking to myself, it was about time for another!! Not that I need another by any means! But, I really do!! :-)

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2022 :  12:20:05 PM  Show Profile
Where HAS this month gone?? Today is the last day for the Dog Days Junk Journal signups. Are y’all excited to get your partners tomorrow?

While we wait, how about another NEWBIE TIP? Now, this one comes from our new swapper, Barbie (Rubberfish). When I first got into doing some mail art and participating in her envie swaps, I had the hardest time trying to master gluing. Rubberfish to the rescue. Even though the glue is hidden it is the foundation of your work. And we all know how important strong foundations are. This is what she taught me:

Use the best glue you can afford -- acid free and washable. She recommends Avery Glue “Stic’. It is ‘disappearing’, but goes on purple so you can see where you put your glue and the spots you missed, and it dries clear. After gluing, go over your work with a brayer or the side of your bone folder to smooth everything out.

The other thing is to use Wax Paper or Deli paper. Walmart still sells wax paper. Deli paper can be purchased on Amazon. You may think the glue is dry but it is not. Put a piece of wax paper between your journal pages and they will not stick together.

Another tip is to use baby powder on your FINISHED journal pages or envelopes. This insures there will be no stuck together pages (or envelopes). The travel size Johnson’s Baby Powder is very convenient to use. Just use a tiny amount and wipe off with a dry brush or Kleenex or even a shot of canned air if you go overboard.

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking

"When life gives you junk, make a junk journal."
. . . .jean pici
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2022 :  2:05:23 PM  Show Profile
Great tips Jean. I'm using Art Glitter glue right now...it is a liquid. I love it. Only thing is you do not need to order it in the winter, because it could freeze. So around late Sept. I place my order for as much as I'm anticipating needing before May. (There is NO GLITTER in the glue.) This is when I order from MAY MAY MADE IT. She is in Northern Alabama. I've also ordered some from Amazon.
If you order some, also order some of the pins that fit in the nozzle, and some extra caps, etc.
TexasGran
Let God's light shine through you every day!!!
Amazon Children's Books, look for my name:Marilyn Robinson Godfrey
Craftsy: patterns for farm stick animals under my name.

Edited by - TexasGran on Jul 30 2022 2:10:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2022 :  2:09:14 PM  Show Profile
Big thanks to Rubberfish and TexasGran for good glue info to help us deal with a sticky situation . . . I'm sorry, the devil made me do it.

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking

. . . .jean pici
Go to Top of Page

Wanda Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

1116 Posts

Wanda
Murrells Inlet SC
USA
1116 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2022 :  2:53:00 PM  Show Profile
Jean I got my “junk stuff”, I’m ready to roll. Thanks for the tips and links everyone, just keep them coming, lol.

A day hemmed in prayer is less likely to unravel.

Farm Girl #3677
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6438 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6438 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2022 :  2:55:30 PM  Show Profile
I have never made a journal in my life! But now I am, I am on my phone 4th page, I am so relaxed and having so much fun!
Thank you so much Jean for the gentle push.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Oregon
With Colorado on My Mind
Farmgirl of the Month September 2012 and February 2018
“My altars are My Mountains
and the Ocean.” Lord Byron”

When I am Old I Shall Wear Purple !!

Go to Top of Page

Jokamartell
True Blue Farmgirl

1410 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
1410 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2022 :  8:02:07 PM  Show Profile
I have to agree with Marilyn. Art Glitter Glue is wonderful. It sticks very well and cleans up easily from your surface as long as you’re quick!! :)

Karen :)

To quote one of my past preschoolers “Not one of those Karens, but a good Karen”! Haha
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2022 :  8:24:16 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I have never made a Junk Journal, either. I can't wait to get home and make it!

Here is a something another friend posted on FB. Can anyone else relate? Fabric is where this relates to me, among other supplies.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

Wanda Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

1116 Posts

Wanda
Murrells Inlet SC
USA
1116 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2022 :  8:33:00 PM  Show Profile
Yes! I love that one Linda, oh the possibilities, lol.

Farm Girl #3677
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2022 :  11:17:17 PM  Show Profile
Farmgirls -- start those tractor engines -- Partners have been posted. See first post on page 1. Contact your partner by private email to exchange addresses and have fun creating your Dog Days Junk Journals to mail out by August 31.

Marilyn -- Obviously, I have your address. I have not moved so the address you have for me is correct.

Off to bed for me.
hugs,
jean

. . . .Stephen Hawking

. . . .jean pici
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9237 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9237 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2022 :  02:42:04 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Jean!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"I am a bookaholic and I have no desire to be cured."

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

AndreaPA
True Blue Farmgirl

527 Posts

Andrea
Factoryville PA
USA
527 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2022 :  04:17:42 AM  Show Profile
My package should arrive tomorrow. I can't wait to get started!! Sending an e-mail to my partner today.

Andrea
Farmgirl# 8166
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9237 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9237 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2022 :  06:42:20 AM  Show Profile
So I was looking around on youtube and found a woman who is making a junk journal out of actual junk. No printed out pretties or anything. She is using junk mail and basically things we would normally recycle or toss. This must be where"junk" journals originated and have gradually turned into making prettier,dressed up journals. Though many of us do use our scraps from other things we have created I can understand how they came to be prettier using those things. I thought you might enjoy seeing what she does. She chats a lot during the video but I think it helps her creativity as it does for many people.
Here is the link.
https://youtu.be/sZI7UrRt-Bw

~Denise

Sister #43~1/18/2007

"I am a bookaholic and I have no desire to be cured."

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/

Edited by - levisgrammy on Jul 31 2022 07:29:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4330 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4330 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2022 :  07:14:59 AM  Show Profile
Ohhh yes Denise! THAT'S a real jj!! I just find it so cool the amazing things one can do with junk! Danny has a whole can right now of 2 months worth of mail he was going to burn. He knows be by now and asked of I wanted to sift through it first. I said does a duck quack?? Heck yea! What goodies are to be found, beautiful stamps, cellophane window envelopes, ads, stickers and plenty of writing paper! Great video thanks for sharing!

Marilyn, I'm so excited to know about MayMay so close by! You know Nik?? Love her so, she's funny as heck too! I love the glitter art glue but as far as sticks, I was using one I get from the UK. Ill try the Avery brand Jean. **

Cute cartoon Linds, too true

Trash from the hubs :)

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro

Edited by - suny58 on Jul 31 2022 08:02:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

Wanda Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

1116 Posts

Wanda
Murrells Inlet SC
USA
1116 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2022 :  08:09:26 AM  Show Profile
Denise,Pam from the Paper Outpost is one of my favorites! She is quirky but has so many wonderful tutorials, from making paper beads to tea and coffee stained papers. She will lay down doily’s, lace, silk flowers, leaves and stencils before spraying that makes beautiful papers.

Farm Girl #3677
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2022 :  08:26:32 AM  Show Profile
Jean, I'm glad you are my partner. You will receive
a Package from me...when I finish. Hopefully within two or a bit more weeks. Hey it could be sooner or later.

TexasGran
Let God's light shine through you every day.

Amazon Children's Books, look for my name:Marilyn Robinson Godfrey
Craftsy: patterns for farm stick animals under my name.
Go to Top of Page

Wanda Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

1116 Posts

Wanda
Murrells Inlet SC
USA
1116 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2022 :  08:30:21 AM  Show Profile
Debbie we are partners!! I have your address and you have mine, so I will start working on mine this week.

Farm Girl #3677
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2022 :  08:33:31 AM  Show Profile
Sent you an e-mail Jennifer! Looking forward to swapping!!!

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2680 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2680 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2022 :  08:38:06 AM  Show Profile
Julie, tree lady! I sent you an email! Excited to swap with you!

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6438 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6438 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2022 :  09:03:10 AM  Show Profile
Hi Wanda Sue, I am so happy we are partners. I worked on my journal yesterday and did a few pages, I will do more today. So happy I can get a bit more personal now that I know who my partner is.
Thank you Jean your the Best!

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Oregon
With Colorado on My Mind

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2022 :  12:43:16 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I've emailed my partner, Marlene, and just waiting for a few tidbits about her so I can personalize things.

LOL! Great video, Denise, but a bit too junky for moi. She uses everything!!

I've got trims, tags, papers, fabrics (you all KNOW I have fabrics), buttons, yarn and string, tape, staples (if needed), photos, and all sorts of junk. All I need to do now is get home from Albuquerque to start working on things.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919

Edited by - quiltee on Jul 31 2022 12:44:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2022 :  1:10:11 PM  Show Profile
Denise -- I LOVE that video. Thanks for sharing. For those of you who might have missed Denise's post, here is the link she sent. https://youtu.be/sZI7UrRt-Bw . It's definitely a creative fun way to spend an hour. Do check it out. It really reinforces that "anything" goes when it comes to junk journals which means that Dianna's hubby's Army trash can of his junk is like a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. WOWZER!!

. . . .Stephen Hawking

. . . .jean pici
Go to Top of Page

Jokamartell
True Blue Farmgirl

1410 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
1410 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2022 :  1:11:30 PM  Show Profile
Andrea, I received you email and responded. Hopefully you got the response!! :)

Karen :)

To quote one of my past preschoolers “Not one of those Karens, but a good Karen”! Haha
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6438 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6438 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2022 :  1:11:31 PM  Show Profile
I am having so much fun I do not want to stop! Woo, Hoo!!

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Oregon
With Colorado on My Mind

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 17 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Dog Days Junk Journal Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic