levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9204 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9204 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2022 :  12:48:36 PM  Show Profile
Does anyone ever make their own planners. I'm not a write things down daily but I do like a calendar to keep track of things and I write ALOT of lists, for everything. I'd love to have one place to keep them all together and since I enjoy making journals I thought it be nice to make something where it would be easy to add/remove stuff when I no longer need it. Instead of having a gazillion different notebooks around. Any and all ideas appreciated. The biggest reason is because in doing my Christmas shopping this year I couldn't remember what I already had purchased for whom and so I ended up with gifts I need to return already.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"I am a bookaholic and I have no desire to be cured."

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/

Edited by - levisgrammy on Nov 15 2022 12:49:40 PM

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2122 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2122 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2022 :  1:11:21 PM  Show Profile
We have a paper pad on the counter by the kitchen for grocery reminders. I use my calendar on the phone for appointments and reminders. I also use the Notes on my phone for various lists like library, passwords, directions, miscellaneous, and various other topics. Addresses are in Contacts.
I very seldom use my phone as a phone but it is very handy for keeping my life in order.

Judith

7932 FGOTM 6/21
I'm old and I do wear purple
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4314 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4314 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2022 :  1:52:38 PM  Show Profile
Denise, I love watching Shayda Campbell on utube and create planners and bullet journals with her help! I just buy a cheap notebook and every month she either draws or paints the month out in a few pages! I use it because it is fun to create with her and lovely to keep things organized for me. Maybe she can give you ideas?
https://youtu.be/SPakpqFKh2o

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro

Edited by - suny58 on Nov 15 2022 1:52:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2022 :  1:52:45 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Good idea, Denise. A smaller loose-leaf woult be handy for what you are talking about. My mother was always making notes. I might put things on the backs of envelopes if I am sitting when I need to write something down. Then I LOSE it. LOL!

I use the notes on my phone, too, Judith.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015 and April 2017

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9204 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9204 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2022 :  3:41:30 PM  Show Profile
Shoot I wrote out a post and lost it. Try again. Judith, I mostly use my phone as a phone. If I save anything on there I never look at it again.

Dianna, I will take a look see. Thanks

Linda, I am always losing my lists and that's why I thought maybe some sort of planner. I saw some called Happy planner and that is what made me think of making one.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2022 :  5:14:11 PM  Show Profile
I never thought about making my own planner. For years and years, I use a day planner similar to the one I used at work. Now I can't live without one!! LOL!!! I found the paperwork to fit inside the MJF original day planner from years ago. What I love about this planner is that MaryJane made it large enough to hold not papers in the back and I love to use them for writing down ideas and projects. I could easily use my phone but before phones, I got used to these day planners and the format works very well for me still.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

Jokamartell
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2022 :  5:15:54 PM  Show Profile
There are so many different planners out there. You can find them at Walmart, Target, office supply stores, and online. Every company is different and the cost varies from inexpensive to up to almost $100! I agree with Dianna, though. Definitely check out the bullet journal concept. The best thing about bullet journals is that you can make them be anything you need them to be! I use a happy planner in the “big” size (8 1/2 x 11) currently. I love it. I have sections in the back where I keep track of Farmgirl addresses, swaps, and henhouse info. For 2023, I’m thinking of using a combination of the happy planner and then adding a bullet journal section for all the notes and things that I jot down throughout the day. :)

Karen :)

To quote one of my past preschoolers “Not one of those Karens, but a good Karen”! Haha
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9204 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9204 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2022 :  6:34:09 PM  Show Profile
I used to have Maryjane's planner but she stopped making and the pages that went in them. I may still have it around here somewhere. If it shows up I will use it again. I haven't seen it since we moved in a year ago this past August. Hmm. If not I will look into the bullet journals.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2022 :  1:55:17 PM  Show Profile
I use a daily planner. I usually buy them from Amazon. I think that maybe an easy way to make your own is with Pinterest. You can search there for specific pages that fit your needs. Then you can print them out and put them in a 3 ring binder. That will help you get the style of pages you need and can be completely customized to what your looking for.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9204 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9204 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2022 :  6:11:07 PM  Show Profile
I've been looking around and have found more than a few ideas on Pinterest.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Edited by - levisgrammy on Nov 16 2022 6:12:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2022 :  2:50:48 PM  Show Profile
That’s good. I hope they will work out for you!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2022 :  8:37:18 PM  Show Profile
I am so old school... I am probably the only one who still uses simple Steno notebooks and calendars..

I am a list maker,.. I was that way in College and through out my career...

When I worked for the County, I even kept a "CYA" Steno notebook... (CYA = cover your A&&) lol! And yep, saved my bacon several times...

Now I just scribble down notes on note pads and my calendar..

Hmmm , I like your ideas about making/decorating planners...

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!
Go to Top of Page

laurzgot
True Blue Farmgirl

1601 Posts

Laurie
Alvin Texas
USA
1601 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2022 :  9:08:49 PM  Show Profile
Old school fits me fine. I write in my calendar bills due, doctor appts. stuff like that.

Hugs,
Laurie
Country girl at heart
"Smile and be yourself everyday."

Go to Top of Page

dogcrazy
Farmgirl at Heart

1 Posts

Deni
Shawsville Virginia
USA
1 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2022 :  05:40:00 AM  Show Profile
Since dogs are my thing, I like to look for notebooks with dogs on them--used to have them at Walmart at back-to-school time, so I got a bunch. Besides that, just plain spiral notebooks or legal pads. My father always had tons of legal pads and wrote tons of lists, so I was trained early! Of course, all important stuff goes on the dog calendar, and I use a neon green highlighter for all the dog stuff so I won't miss a dose of meds. I'm thinking of making a cork board to tack up ideas for crafts and my never-ending list of organizing the house and craft area! The only problem is where to put it--I seem to say that a lot--"where am I gonna put this?!!!" As for "using my phone" we don't get reception where I am, so I don't have anything but the old-fashioned kind of phone--all the stuff people do "on their phone" just makes my head spin! It's just not for us--guess we are "rustic throwbacks" who wish the world would go back to a saner time!
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2022 :  08:11:37 AM  Show Profile
Hay there. I cannot function without my planners. It's kind of a frankenplanner coz I've added all kinds of sections. I also use several of those style planners. I make some of pages and buy others.

Hugs and prayers, Daizy #1093
Poor House Farmgirl Chapter {A virtual chapter open to everyone.}
A good day is when you find ALL your ear tags! I wonder how my cows would like my Farmgirl apron??
www.poorhouseparadise.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2022 :  08:12:42 AM  Show Profile
Hay there. I cannot function without my planners. It's kind of a frankenplanner coz I've added all kinds of sections. I also use several of those style planners. I make some of pages and buy others.

Hugs and prayers, Daizy #1093
Poor House Farmgirl Chapter {A virtual chapter open to everyone.}
A good day is when you find ALL your ear tags! I wonder how my cows would like my Farmgirl apron??
www.poorhouseparadise.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Carole
New York
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2022 :  09:00:28 AM  Show Profile
I buy mine from Franklin Covey. I've used their planned for over a decade. The founder is the author of The 7 Habits of Highly effective people (Steven Covey), which I highly recommend.

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http:www.carolesquiltingetc.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Planners Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page