savycarmen
Farmgirl in Training

49 Posts

Carmen
salkum Washington
USA
49 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2022 :  2:07:04 PM  Show Profile
Well, My Mighty Might-Road Island Roster died a couple of weeks ago. He lived 11 years. I really miss him; he was my buddy. I actually miss his coo every morning. His girl is still here Susie Q- my Americana chickee. And yes, she's 11 yrs. old too. She's hanging out with a Winedot chickee named Martha. They both are hanging out with my newcomers. My Heritage Turkeys they are laying hens. Well, 2 of them are. Named Hannah and Magaline. And my tom turkey and guess what his name is Tom. Ha! Ha! Anyways, I wanted to let you all know what I've been doing these days. My husband has been still working on clearing our land. He's done a lot. We have a greenhouse up and about to set up another one soon. I'm excited to grow a lot more veggies. I do hope my roses do good this winter. I have prepped them for the winter cold. Good thing we don't get too cold here in Washington State. I do hope you all have a good time preparing for winter and enjoy a winter goodie and tea or yummy cocoa. Remember to Praise Yeshua/ Jesus everyday too, Ok?!!

SavyCarmie

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2022 :  4:17:10 PM  Show Profile
Hi Carmen ! It is nice to hear more about your farm and all the chickens! I I am sorry to hear that your favorite Rooster passed away. I don't have chickens, but I know you get so attached to any critter that you interact with every day. You have a wonderful holiday season out your way and please stop by again and let us know what's up.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2022 :  12:59:19 PM  Show Profile
Carmen, I am so sorry to hear about your rooster. I hate when our animals pass away. The rest of your farm sounds amazing. I hope your winter goes smoothly. Thanks for stopping by. I hope to hear from you again soon!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2680 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2680 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2022 :  11:09:02 AM  Show Profile
Hi Carmen, Sorry to hear your Mr. Mighty passed away...I agree with Winnie, we DO get attached to our critters of all shapes and sizes. I love hearing about your greenhouse - I'm hoping for a permanent one day. I really want one made of out recycled old windows, we're working on collecting some so hubs can build me one. We used to live in Portland, Oregon and we had roses, I loved them and they did so well. One of my favorite places is the portland rose gardens. Do share a photo of your surroundings, I would love to see your corner of the world. Happy Holidays.

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

Jokamartell
True Blue Farmgirl

1408 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
1408 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2022 :  5:04:44 PM  Show Profile
Hi Carmen! I had to look on a map to see where your town was! My hubby and I were in your neck of the woods in August as we made our way to the Washington coast. I’m so sorry to hear about your rooster. I agree with everyone one else…it’s so hard to lose a fur/feather baby.

Karen :)

To quote one of my past preschoolers “Not one of those Karens, but a good Karen”! Haha
Go to Top of Page

savycarmen
Farmgirl in Training

49 Posts

Carmen
salkum Washington
USA
49 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2023 :  1:16:50 PM  Show Profile
Thank you for responding. Yes, my ear waits for the sound of my precious rooster Mighty Might's coo. The one we have now, is still young. His name is Road Runner. A board rock rooster. My Susie Q chicken is still here 11 and a half years old now. Crazy uh?!

SavyCarmie
Go to Top of Page

savycarmen
Farmgirl in Training

49 Posts

Carmen
salkum Washington
USA
49 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2023 :  12:25:06 PM  Show Profile
Well, I wanted to talk about my new rooster Road Runner. He tries to come at me. It's got to be something about those Broad Rock chickens and roosters. Uh? Anyways, I come to you to say we've been having strange weather. Colder than usual and my chickens go hide inside their hen boxes. I tried to download a picture of my rooster and house. But it doesn't seem to work. Oh well, I will try later. I just wanted to say my husband finally got our wood stove in. He never had done it before course he didn't want to let me know that. I guess that's a man thing Uh?! I do love my Chickies. My Susie Q is still here I'm so thankful. She has such an attitude. She has character more than those Broad Rock chickens do. Thank you for reading my message. May Yeshua/Jesus Bless you all Indeed!!

SavyCarmie
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2023 :  4:06:24 PM  Show Profile
Carmen, you are having a time getting your rooster settled and responding to you. With all this cold weather you have been having out there on the west coast, it might take some warmer days before he can collect his wits and settle in.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4100 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4100 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2023 :  03:48:22 AM  Show Profile
Good luck with that rooster. watch your back and little kids around him, it will be hard to break him of that.

Farming in WI

Michele
FGOTM June2019

Go to Top of Page

savycarmen
Farmgirl in Training

49 Posts

Carmen
salkum Washington
USA
49 Posts

Posted - May 02 2023 :  4:18:41 PM  Show Profile
Hi! ladies How's everything going. Our rainy days are getting less, finally. My Susie Q Ameriana is still hanging out with us. Gosh! She's 12 and a half years old. She wants a lot of yogurts. I give to my chickees for probiotics and enzymes and other great ingredients. My dogs have been good. They want to go for a hike every day. I do go on hikes with them but not long ones. My health is up and down. Our marriage counseling is going better since we decided to go separately. It seems to work out better, So, my hubby doesn't just focus on all bad things about us. He can be very negative. I don't like fakeness, I like truth. But sometimes it gets pretty negative and depressing to hear every day. I am ready for planting and springtime. Yeah!! Aren't you gals too? Thanks for reading and enjoy spring now. Well, I hope you are able too. I'll be praying for you all!!

SavyCarmie
Go to Top of Page

savycarmen
Farmgirl in Training

49 Posts

Carmen
salkum Washington
USA
49 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2023 :  4:18:41 PM  Show Profile
Hello ladies! I hope your summer has been great. Mine has been good a bit hot for me. That's why I live here in the Norhtwest instead of in the middle of the United States. My Susie Q hen is still around her best bud Martha the winedot hen died a few months ago. So, Susie Q hangs out with Henretta the Broad rock hen now. We have been pretty busy setting up our greenhouse. We're growing roses, herbs and veggies. Guess what! We were so excited; a huge hive came to settle in our hive for them. They seem to be content there. I'm excited to watch them and get the honey from their honeycombs sometime. My husband is very excited, he put lemon grass on it and now we have bee's hanging out. So much Fun uh?! Anyways I've been writing a lot. I'm working on my book of my life experiences and how God has gotten me through them all. I hope to touch women's lives through it. I'm still doing my podcast. I'm actually doing three a week now. It's a lot of work, doing research and writing all of my podcasts. You can find me on Spotify as Bibletruthwarriorwomen.com It's been a lot of fun for sure.

SavyCarmie
Go to Top of Page
  Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic My Farm Life Now Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page