Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 A Distressing Incident
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic A Distressing Incident Next Topic  

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2204 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2204 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2023 :  6:32:27 PM  Show Profile
This last Sunday as we were going home from church, my husband, who was behind us in the truck, stopped at a neighbor's house to tell them their dog was loose. A young man who lived there, and who was on drugs, had the delusion that my husband was watching him and bugging his cellphone. Then he attacked my husband, ripping his shirt and choking him. The man's mother tried to stop him but he cursed her and threatened my husband. Jeff managed to get in the truck and called the local dispatch. Then the young man got in his car and tried to hit our truck, my husband had to swerve to avoid him. Luckily a deputy stopped the guy and he is in jail now.
We are taking measures to keep our home secure in case he is released.His name is Christopher. I hope he can get treatment for his addiction and I feel pity for his family. Because their house is only a half mile from us, it is a concern but I refuse to be afraid.

Vanessa
Farmgirl Sister #6754

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6438 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6438 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2023 :  6:44:18 PM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness Vanessa please stay alert and stay safe. I will keep you and your hubby in my prayers. I hope the young man gets the help he needs so you can feel safe again.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Oregon
With Colorado on My Mind
Farmgirl of the Month September 2012, February 2018, September 2022
“My altars are My Mountains
and the Ocean.” Lord Byron”

When I am Old I Shall Wear Purple, I am Old now!!

Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2680 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2680 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2023 :  8:37:34 PM  Show Profile
Oh Vanessa, thank goodness your hubs is safe, you too. And, yes, I hope this young man gets help. You can't live in fear, but you do need to be safe and aware to keep yourselves safe. Drugs are no joke and surely make the users do things they wouldn't normally do. We're getting more users and drug busts here in central oregon as well. It's scary. Do you have a ring doorbell or any sort of security alerts on your home? Motion sensor lights? Those may help deter any ill intentions? Sending prayers your way. xo

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4330 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4330 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2023 :  08:04:42 AM  Show Profile
Holymoly!! That IS SCARY Vanessa!! Sad too because there are more and more mentally ill people out there who aren't getting the help they need! Honestly, there are a lot who.need help and are not getting it. I'm with you, I won't live in fear but.like April said, security systems like Ring, Simply safe and ADT are great! Simply safe.and ring are also fairly inexpensive but ALL worth the excellent of mind!! Thankful your hubs wasn't hurt!!

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2023 :  08:22:33 AM  Show Profile
Vanessa horrible! Be careful! Is the guy still in the home!

My prayers of safety go with you all!

Blessings
Darlene

Trust in your faith, not your emotions, when it comes to making life’s decisions.
I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Just. follow God unquestionably Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I TRUST IN YOU JESUS

#4943 - March 2013
FGOTM June 2013
FGOTY 2016

Go to Top of Page

AussieChick
Sharpshooter

347 Posts

Cindy
Bend Oregon
USA
347 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2023 :  12:20:15 PM  Show Profile
Praying for you & your husband, Vanessa. What a scary situation!! I sure hope Christopher gets some help for his addictions. Is his mother ok? That must be a difficult situation for her to live with too.

Farmgirl #6058
Farmgirl Sister of the Year 2021

"The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything they have".
Go to Top of Page

AndreaPA
True Blue Farmgirl

527 Posts

Andrea
Factoryville PA
USA
527 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2023 :  3:51:29 PM  Show Profile
Vanessa that is so scary! I hope he gets the help he needs.

Andrea
Farmgirl# 8166
Go to Top of Page

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1751 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1751 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2023 :  05:46:41 AM  Show Profile
Prayers Vanessa. That was scary!

Farmgirl friends are fun.
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2023 :  4:13:05 PM  Show Profile
Wow, Vanessa, what a scary interaction with his young man!! I am glad your hubby was not injured. Hopefully, like you say, he will get the help he needs for his drug dependency.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

Jokamartell
True Blue Farmgirl

1408 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
1408 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2023 :  7:38:53 PM  Show Profile
Vanessa, I’m so sorry this happened. How scary. Prayers for you, hubby, and the neighbors as well.

Karen :)

To quote one of my past preschoolers “Not one of those Karens, but a good Karen”! Haha
Go to Top of Page

Lacey
Chapter Guru

160 Posts

Rea
Davis Ca
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2023 :  8:50:54 PM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness Vanessa I am glad your husband was able to get away with no injuries. Scary times and to many young adults turning to drugs hope he gets the help he needs.

Rea Nakanishi
Farm Girl Of The Month Jan. 2022
“Action is the foundational key to all success.”
– Pablo Picasso
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4715 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4715 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2023 :  06:23:34 AM  Show Profile
That is quite terrifying Vanessa. My oldest son is a police officer and said the scary hard drugs totally change a person and they are beyond reason. I do hope he gets into a treatment program quickly to deal with his addiction. Your family can just be more alert and maybe install an alarm system and motion lights for outside. Also be quite careful while on the road. There's a chance this young man may not even remember the incident at all.

Be safe!
Dawn in IL

The fireside is the tulip bed of a winter day.
(Persian Proverb)
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2204 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2204 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2023 :  5:01:21 PM  Show Profile
Unfortunately Christopher is no longer in jail. Not sure if he returned to his parents.
We have parked our vehicles in the garage, and there a lot of red trucks around, so I figure we will be under the radar. We have barky dogs to alert us and we've locked both knobs and deadbolts. I too am hoping he won't remember - it's not like they were friendly neighbors, and now I can understand why.

Vanessa
Farmgirl Sister #6754
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4100 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4100 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2023 :  5:38:20 PM  Show Profile
Sorry to hear this, it is terrible. Take care.

Farming in WI

Michele
FGOTM June2019

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2023 :  10:23:14 PM  Show Profile
Praying for safety Vanessa!
Take care!
Darlene

Trust in your faith, not your emotions, when it comes to making life’s decisions.
I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Just. follow God unquestionably Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I TRUST IN YOU JESUS

#4943 - March 2013
FGOTM June 2013
FGOTY 2016

Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2204 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2204 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2023 :  5:41:55 PM  Show Profile
Today when I was in our Courthouse I spoke to the Sheriff. He told me Christopher brain was fried by Meth, he'd often called 911 because he thought someone was bugging his phone. He was of the opinion that he wouldn't remember the incident and wouldn't know who we were.
Doors are still locked just in case, but I'm vastly relieved.

Vanessa
Farmgirl Sister #6754
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13564 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13564 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2023 :  08:02:48 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Oh my Vanessa . . how terrifying! Praying for you, your hubby . . .and Christopher and his family.
Hugs!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2023 :  09:33:51 AM  Show Profile
Vanessa take care, those drugs make them so crazy!
Your in my prayers, keep alert and safe!
Is sad how these people ruin the peace and comfort of a neighborhood!
Your in my continuing prayers and thoughts!
Hugs
Darlene

by Frances Farmer

I TRUST IN YOU JESUS

#4943 - March 2013
FGOTM June 2013
FGOTY 2016

Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2204 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2204 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2023 :  4:52:19 PM  Show Profile
The perpetrator is in jail in another county,so he will be out of the way for a long time.

Vanessa
Farmgirl Sister #6754
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2023 :  6:12:35 PM  Show Profile
That’s good to hear!

Darlene

by Frances Farmer

I TRUST IN YOU JESUS

#4943 - March 2013
FGOTM June 2013
FGOTY 2016

Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic A Distressing Incident Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page