Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Parenting & Farm Kids
 Getting Ready for a Cold Winter
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Getting Ready for a Cold Winter Next Topic  

savycarmen
Farmgirl in Training

49 Posts

Carmen
salkum Washington
USA
49 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2023 :  06:18:24 AM  Show Profile
Well, here in the Northwest of Washington State. It doesn't normally get so cold. But the last few winters it's been very cold. Even to the point of below freezing. I guess I'm just anticipating it again to happen. My roses don't like it much. My chickens and laying hen turkeys don't like it either. They all stay inside and try to keep each other warm. I pray we don't get too cold this coming month. We live by Mt. St. Helens. We are on a well, so sometimes our pipes and our water filters freeze and even explode. I pray my husband gets our new wood stove in soon. He's been working on that on and off for years now. I put it in Yeshua/Jesus's hands. I will trust Him to help my husband to get it in before the crazy cold. I hope to be sitting by the fire and catching up on my knitting and weaving projects. Thanks for listening to my concerns. I pray you all be blessed and keep warm during these next very cold days that are coming. And if you already live where it's super cold, I pray you stay warm and keep trusting Yeshua through it. Until spring, it is coming soon. I'm excited to work on my gardens and greenhouse.

SavyCarmie

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6791 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6791 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2023 :  06:40:55 AM  Show Profile
Carmie, I understand your concerns about extreme cold weather. Here in north central/east Texas we can go from the hi 70s to freezing from noon to dusk. Year before last I had two gas heaters installed and a couple of weeks ago, I traded my electric range for a gas one. Though Paris never lost power last winter during the grid breakdown I want to be prepared if it does happen again. Since this area of Texas is more apt to have ice storms than snow, in the past I have been without power because of falling branches and trees.

Keep believing on the Lord and stay warm.

Hugs, Sara "FarmGirl Sister" #6034 Aug 2014
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders & your hand over my mouth.
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2680 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2680 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2023 :  2:34:25 PM  Show Profile
Our winters are cold here, too... we were 4 degrees last night, still only 16 degrees today, but bright blue sunny skies, the now glitters, it's absolutely breathtaking - tonight is expected to be -3 degrees. We've been dripping water in hopes our pipes dont freeze. Carmen, I saw these in pinterst a while back, I wonder if they work as good as they say they do? Thought I would share with you, perhaps they will help warm a room for you. Hugs.

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2023 :  4:24:45 PM  Show Profile
I hope all of you who are out in the Western states that have been under a strong Arctic blast are keeping warm! This Winter has been a cold one for many out there with some temps getting dangerously below freezing.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page
  Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Getting Ready for a Cold Winter Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page