savycarmen
Farmgirl in Training

49 Posts

Carmen
salkum Washington
USA
49 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2023 :  09:43:33 AM  Show Profile
This last time we went to marriage counseling, it was interesting. This time the counselor and I talked about our awful childhood. She had a horrible mother. Her mother didn't want to get up from her chair to get any more food, so she took food off of my counselor's dinner plate. Doesn't that sound crazy? So, my counselor said she doesn't like it when friends try to take food off of her plate while their out having lunch together. I understand her. My mother didn't take food off of my plate. She just didn't feed my brother and I much at all. My brother and I didn't eat much so we were very skinny. We learned to ask our friends parents for food. So, we did sometimes get dinner. I do remember my mother was a single parent and struggled with alcohol and hang overs a lot. She was all about herself and her image. Anyways, my hubby was sitting there and was amazed what he was hearing between both my counselor's story and mine. The last few times at counseling my hubby has been talking a lot more than me. But that's ok he needs it; he needs to get stuff out and heal. Though I do too of course. He is a guy that thinks way too much and doesn't talk it out much at all.

SavyCarmie
  Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Marriage Counseling Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page