Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Chit Chat
 Herstory - Nancy Davis Reagan
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Merit Badge Chit Chat: Previous Topic Herstory - Nancy Davis Reagan Next Topic  

Nancy Joplin
True Blue Farmgirl

166 Posts

Nancy
Ontario California
USA
166 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2023 :  4:06:04 PM  Show Profile
To complete the Expert Level of Herstory, I read "The Triumph of Nancy Reagan" by Karen Tumulty. I found the book very interesting. Nancy Reagan led a very different life from what I had expected. She was born Anne Francis Robbins on July 6, 1921 in Manhattan. She lived with her parents, Kenneth Robbins and Edith Luckett Robbins, until they separated when she was only two. She was sent to live with an aunt and uncle for six years while her mother traveled around the country. Her Mother was an actress. "Nancy" was her nickname from birth. As an actress herself, Nancy dated famous men, such as, Clark Gable, Robert Stack, and Peter Lawford. She met Ronald Reagan at a party. They were married on March 4, 1952. They were inseparable. Nancy worked hard to make certain that no one could make "Ronnie" look bad. Success was extremely important to Nancy Reagan, and she did everything that she could to make sure that Ronald Reagan was taken care of and protected at all costs.

Jokamartell
True Blue Farmgirl

1377 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
1377 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2023 :  4:39:39 PM  Show Profile
She led a very interesting life! Thanks for sharing:)

Karen :)

To quote one of my past preschoolers “Not one of those Karens, but a good Karen”! Haha
Go to Top of Page

JennRap
True Blue Farmgirl

162 Posts

Jennifer
Sonora CA
USA
162 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2023 :  09:32:17 AM  Show Profile
I've always loved Nancy Reagan. Such an elegant, sophisticated lady. One of my all time favorite First Ladies! She served her country and her husband well. <3

Jennifer Rapoza
California - Idaho bound in 2023! <3
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6593 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6593 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2023 :  3:09:29 PM  Show Profile
Thank you for sharing Nancy. I think she was a great choice for completing your expert level. Congratulations on finishing your badge.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

GinnyBelle
True Blue Farmgirl

501 Posts

Hannah
West Lafayette IN
USA
501 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2023 :  05:50:18 AM  Show Profile
Thank you for sharing!

Hannah #6994
February 2023 FGOTM
Go to Top of Page
  Merit Badge Chit Chat: Previous Topic Herstory - Nancy Davis Reagan Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page