Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Life Brings so many Challenges!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Life Brings so many Challenges!! Next Topic
Page: of 2

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13564 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13564 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2023 :  2:10:27 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Hi there Farmgirls,
Yes, I have been very absent for quite some time and there are many of you I don't know and many I do know. I am thankful for my Farmgirl Sisters/Friends and have remained in contact with several over the past times of absentia.

-About five years ago I was diagnosed with a vestibular disorder caused by damage to my inner ears by a viral infection. Since then I have been dealing with serious balance issues, dizziness, nausea, and fatigue.
-Then along came bilateral cataracts for which I had surgery in 2019, but learned that part of the vision loss I have in my left eye is from glaucoma. So, I have to treat that and see my ophthalmologist every 4 months . . .I am thankful we discovered it before it got worse and before vision loss in my right eye.
-Then later in 2019 I learned I have sleep apnea which is stable with the use of a CPAP machine. I had gone to a neurologist for evaluation for Parkinson's disease and he told me I had sleep apnea.
Okay . . . being treated for that but the symptoms that I was experiencing that were looking like Parkinson's were still there. I went back to see the same neurologist in 2020 and he told me the same thing. That clincher in seeing this MD was that he didn't do a comprehensive examination either time and I believe that he really didn't want another Parkinson's patient.
-Referred to cardiologist for some minor heart issue that turned out to be nothing but cardiologist said she saw "early Parkinson's" and referred me to another neurologist.
-Yes, the 2nd neurologist said "you do have Parkinson's" and she DID a proper exam, reviewed my history and my symptoms. It was a relief to have a proper exam and an answer, even though Parkinson's is not what anyone hopes to have.

So, I have been struggling with all of this and EVERYTHING that comes with Parkinson's since then. Believe me, I have learned that it IMPACTS YOUR ENTIRE BODY! And this is superimposed on the vestibular and sleep apnea issues.

I have had to give up a lot of things and make some very significant lifestyle changes and struggle with the mental/emotional/spiritual impact of all of it. I've had two brain and one spine MRIs to evaluate for anything else that might be going on.
Some days I can hardly function. I can't see straight, can't walk straight, can't think through things or make decisions, have nausea and no appetite, have low back pain and leg/knee issues and pain. The fatigue and loss of stamina and strength is overwhelming! The list goes on and on.

I know this is long but it's a very long, complicated story and it has taken me out of commission for most of the things I used to be able to and enjoy doing. My hubby is supportive and encouraging as is my daughter. However, she lives 400 miles away and can't help much.

In late September 2021, my oldest brother (86 years old) passed away due to a massive stroke, and in early December 2021, my youngest sister (69 years old) passed away after a 16- year long battle with a traumatic brain injury sustained in a horseback riding incident. End of January 2023 my oldest sister (85 years old) passed away following a fall and not recovering. So, even though they were elderly and ailing, that is a lot of sibling loss in a rather short time period.
I have one remaining sister (83 years old) who has a LOT of health issues and a brother (80 years old) who has health issues but is doing well.

So, I have had to step back, a very long ways and a long time from here. My creative spirit has been beaten all to smithereens and I have had to focus on DAILY life more than ever.

I am a Christian and I have learned more and more about how to lean on my Lord and Savior and trust Him with all of this and ask Him to help me through each day.
I have also become more sensitive to folks I see out and about, in the store, etc. that are struggling getting around, doing what they have to do, etc. I now KNOW from my own struggles, what they might be going through.

I thank you for listening and being patient with this long post. I ask for your prayers as well.
I will try to be here more frequently just to see what you farmgirls are up to.
Love you all!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

Edited by - ceejay48 on Mar 12 2023 7:21:58 PM

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6797 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6797 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2023 :  2:37:38 PM  Show Profile
My dear Ceejay I am so sorry to hear what all you are dealing with but am glad you shared your story with us. I have missed your posts and when we all prayed together. In a small way I know what you are going through with some of your symptoms because they are the same as MS which I deal with on a daily basis. May our Lord bless and keep you in his peace.

Hugs, Sara "FarmGirl Sister" #6034 Aug 2014
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders & your hand over my mouth.
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6438 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6438 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2023 :  2:54:32 PM  Show Profile
As always CJ keeping you in my heart, thoughts and prayers.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Oregon
With Colorado on My Mind
Farmgirl of the Month September 2012, February 2018, September 2022
“My altars are My Mountains
and the Ocean.” Lord Byron”

When I am Old I Shall Wear Purple, I am Old now!!

Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4330 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4330 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2023 :  3:54:22 PM  Show Profile
Oh Ceejay, I cried. So much to handle, so much to adjust to, so much to handle ( for the most part-alone)! My heart AND my prayers go out to you and yours! I missed your presence here at MJ! You were one of the first ones besides a couple others who made me feel welcomed here. I'm adding you to my prayer list and making it a few times a day! Its what helps me through my hard times! Sending hugs, prayers and lots of love

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

Wanda Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

1116 Posts

Wanda
Murrells Inlet SC
USA
1116 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2023 :  4:20:07 PM  Show Profile
I am fairly new here, but I am a praying Farmgirl, so please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers CJ. That is an awful lot for one person to handle! Along with your health issues, you have lost so many siblings in such a short time. I can’t even imagine what you are going through. May God’s loving spirit surround you with love, peace, comfort, healing and strength in the days and months ahead.

A day hemmed in prayer is less likely to unravel.

Farm Girl #3677
FGOTM August 2022
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2023 :  4:40:04 PM  Show Profile
Ceejay, I am sorry to hear about all the big health issues you have been dealing with these past years. I have missed you here at the Chatroom, but I understand your struggles. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2023 :  4:49:12 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Hugs and prayers, CJ. You have had a lot going on and I hope you can keep in touch with us as often as you can. So sorry to hear of the losses you have experienced in such a shoer period of time.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015 and April 2017

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9237 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9237 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2023 :  5:26:02 PM  Show Profile
CJ,
So glad to see you back here. You certainly have a lot going on but I know you know the Lord is faithful to carry you through. May he bless you and give you the peace that passes understanding. I keep you in my prayers.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"I am a bookaholic and I have no desire to be cured."

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13564 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13564 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2023 :  7:28:11 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you dear farmgirls for your encouragement and kindnesses. It means so very, very much to me and reminds me of why I love you all.
Sara, I have thought of you so often and prayed for you as I know you deal with MS. Thank you!
Debbie, thank you for all your prayers and staying in touch with me.
Dianna, thank you for your tears . . . and for missing me. Thank you for prayers.
Wanda, I thank you for your prayers as well. I hope to get to know you better
Winnie, Linda and Denise . . .thank you for being there and for your prayers too!
I can't express adequately how much you are all appreciated.

Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4100 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4100 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2023 :  03:11:37 AM  Show Profile
CJ prayers for you and your family as you go through these challenges. I hope you can find a little happiness in every day.

Farming in WI

Michele
FGOTM June2019

Go to Top of Page

craftingram
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Karin
Nashville In
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2023 :  06:37:50 AM  Show Profile
CJ, I am so very sorry for all the losses of every kind that you are dealing with. Keeping you in prayer and looking forward to seeing you on the forum when you are feeling uo to it.

Karin Thomas
Sister#2708

Romans 8: 38,39
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4715 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4715 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2023 :  06:42:29 AM  Show Profile
I have missed your posts CJ and am so sorry to hear about all the challenges you have been through. Praying for better health and peace in your life.

Dawn in IL

"Spring: a reminder of how beautiful change can truly be."
— Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2698 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2698 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2023 :  09:40:34 AM  Show Profile
Ceejay,

I am so very sorry for what you are going through. You have been in my thoughts and prayers from the beginning. I'm so grateful that I got to know you through the forum. You have touched my life and heart along with so many other farmgirls, and we all love you. Please keep us posted when you can.

hugs and love,
Marcy

Farmgirl #170

FGOTM August 2012

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6685 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6685 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2023 :  1:31:05 PM  Show Profile
Oh CJ, my heart breaks for you. I am so very sorry you have had to deal with all the health issues and loss of family. I have missed seeing you around. Thank you for the update and check in whenever you feel up to it. I will keep you in my thoughts. Sending many many hugs!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

GinnyBelle
True Blue Farmgirl

501 Posts

Hannah
West Lafayette IN
USA
501 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2023 :  3:29:19 PM  Show Profile
I don't believe our paths have crossed, but I will hold you in my prayers for sure and I hope I get a chance to get to know you.

Hannah #6994
February 2023 FGOTM
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2023 :  6:19:12 PM  Show Profile
Oh Cj,,, I am wrapping you in soft gentle hugs...
Stay strong in the Lord,, He is by your side always...
<><

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13564 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13564 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2023 :  7:39:13 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Michele, Karin, Dawn, Marcy, Krista, Hannah, Grace - THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH for your kind comments and for praying for me. It warms my heart and encourages me so much
Hannah, I do hope we can get to know each other better.
Marcy, I am reminded of you when I see the little clay sculptures you made and the lovely soft shawl you crocheted for me some years ago. It's on my loveseat right now. Thank you!
And Gracie, thank you for keeping me grinning!
THANK YOU Farmgirls!
CJ

Edited by - ceejay48 on Mar 14 2023 08:21:11 AM
Go to Top of Page

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1751 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1751 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2023 :  06:07:32 AM  Show Profile
Prayers for you.

Farmgirl friends are fun.
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13564 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13564 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2023 :  11:17:44 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you Marlene! I hope you are doing well!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

JennRap
True Blue Farmgirl

165 Posts

Jennifer
Sonora CA
USA
165 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2023 :  6:12:59 PM  Show Profile
CeeJay I'm a new farm girl sister here and also a sister in Christ! I'll put you on my prayer list and lift you up for healing and strength. This is such a greet group, always supporting each other. <3

Jennifer Rapoza
California - Idaho bound in 2023! <3
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2023 :  11:52:31 AM  Show Profile
Hi CJ! It's so nice to see you back on the forum. So sorry to hear of all you've been dealing with. Praying for you!

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13564 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13564 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2023 :  12:08:15 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Jennifer, thank you for your prayers. Yes, it is a great group. I had been VERY active since I became a part of the connection in 2009. Hope to get to know you better as well!
Heather, thank you so much! Hope all is going well with you!!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2680 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2680 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2023 :  5:43:07 PM  Show Profile
You are such a courageos and strong woman. I'm sending love and prayers your way. XO

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2023 :  05:33:55 AM  Show Profile
CJ,
Really Really Praying for your loss of your family members all in such a short time. And you Health must be so hard to deal with. My son in-law has Parkinson and I can see how hard it is to live with this. I wish there was something I could do to help you. Stay strong and keep in mind that you have a whole team of Mary Jane girls praying for you.
Extra big hug for you.
NANCY JO

NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13564 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13564 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2023 :  08:12:21 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
April, thank you for your encouragement . . . I sure don't feel courageous and strong a lot of the time. Thank you for your prayers!
Hope all is going well with you.

Nancy, thanks for your prayers. Indeed, Parkinson's is a difficult, challenging, discouraging and totally exhausting thing to live with. I will pray for your son-in-law and the family.

Thank you!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

Jokamartell
True Blue Farmgirl

1408 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
1408 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2023 :  6:40:16 PM  Show Profile
CJ, I’ve been praying for you these past few days. May you feel the comfort and peace only God can offer. Hugs! :)

Karen :)

To quote one of my past preschoolers “Not one of those Karens, but a good Karen”! Haha

Edited by - Jokamartell on Mar 16 2023 6:40:42 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Life Brings so many Challenges!! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page