Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Magazine: Call for Entries
 Keeping in Touch
 What's vintage in your kitchen?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic What's vintage in your kitchen? Next Topic
Page: of 8

sargesproudwife
True Blue Farmgirl

174 Posts

Christine Marie
NY
USA
174 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2017 :  11:03:42 AM  Show Profile
Nancy...I just saw your quote..."How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?"
I just chuckled because I'm really 85 trapped in this 44 year old body! We joke because my daughter is 45 trapped in her 5 1/2 year old body! Let me throw my husband in there, too! The only ones who act their age are my boys---17 in June and 14. My husband, myself and daughter are such old souls--- and I wouldn't have it any other way!
The smile that brought to my face reading that made my day!!

Christine, Sister #7295
www.theginghambow.etsy.com
www.theginghambow.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1019 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1019 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2017 :  7:37:05 PM  Show Profile
Hi Christine....
I never had human children so I never had anyone to tell me I am too old for this or that, that is outside my aching joints first thing in the morning.

TW

The fun begins where the pavement ends!
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2017 :  8:10:06 PM  Show Profile
I found a sausage grinder in the basement and brought it up, cleaned the rust and put it on the side table.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

HodgeLodge
True Blue Farmgirl

662 Posts

Tiana
Berkeley Springs WV
USA
662 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2018 :  11:43:35 AM  Show Profile
Interesting seeing what everyone has in their kitchens. First off is me. I am always in the kitchen and I am vintage. I have lots of old vintage white enamelware with the black edging. I have some of the new pieces too to go with it. I have my grandmothers old rolling pin. I use it all the time, and old glass and aluminum cake pan, and an old aluminum grease container just like my mom had. I like to mix the old with the new as long as it is usable.

Tiana ~ Farmgirl #4817

"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need."~ Marcus Tullius Cicero
Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2019 :  6:44:45 PM  Show Profile
I have stacks of vintage cookbooks, which I dearly love. I also have an old green colander that my mom had back in the 70's. I have several other dishes that are vintage but the item I love the most is an old vintage coffee pot. It is a large white one. I absolutely love it. I leave it sitting on my stove top all year long.

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6534 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6534 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2019 :  12:56:38 PM  Show Profile
I have this old gas stove from the 1930s that I found in north Georgia one year with a friend. The oven is rusted out inside, but there are 3 burners under the little cover . I would have it restored if I knew anyone locally that did this sort of work. I always wanted to make Thanksgiving dinner in it. This photo is staged with some scones, cooked in my regular oven, one Thanksgiving Day a few years ago. The little match holder on the right wall beside the stove belonged to my Mom and she used it on our gas stove in the kitchen growing up.

Then I created this Buttery beside the stove to house old jars, crocks, and my Mama's cookbooks on the bottom shelf and MaryJane's Cast Iron Cookbook which is a go to for me!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018

Edited by - Red Tractor Girl on Jul 15 2019 12:58:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2019 :  6:47:50 PM  Show Profile
Winnie, I love the pictures. The old stove looks great. I just love to see old stoves. Even if you don't find someone to repair it, the stove is gorgeous just the way it is. I love the Buttery too. Very prim and homey

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2154 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2154 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2019 :  11:12:34 AM  Show Profile
I have and use a toaster and a waffle iron that my parents got as wedding presents in 1940. They work better than the newer ones they replaced. Both are Sunbeam brand.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2019 :  6:27:12 PM  Show Profile
I love vintage kitchen things. I have some old, vintage bowls that I got at an estate sale. I love them. I have 2 very large ones and several various other sizes.

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic What's vintage in your kitchen? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page