levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9301 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9301 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2014 :  6:28:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good evening everyone. Beautiful day here today. Went out to lunch with a longtime girlfriend. Seems we can always pick up right where we left off no matter how long it has been. We attend the same church but rarely get a chance to catch up with each other there. So we had a nice lunch and it was very relaxing and encouraging to spend some time with her.

I hope everyone has had a nice day weather-wise. It was close to 70 here I believe. I sure could handle more of these days. We did have some rain but it seemed to be a quick shower.

The hens have been having loads of fun in the yard scratching up the leaves to get to the green underneath and I hope they are catching lots of bugs, preferably ticks. :)

Making out some birthday cards and letters for family tonight and then I am heading to bed. Busy day tomorrow and I want to get a good nights rest.

Take care all.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Apr 02 2014 6:37:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

3856 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
3856 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2014 :  05:56:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning Chickies~

It is bitterly cold here and we have at least 6" of snow and it is still snowy a heavy wet snow, sadly. Although we need the moistuure it means Kent will not be able to get home today as he lives almost two hours away in the big city Denver so we are sad, but we want him safe so he will try to get home tomorrow.

Today I won't do a whole heck of alot just change sheets on the bed and bake some cookies, and continue to work on my Easter Surprisee.

All of you who have beautiful, warm spring weather may I come and visit for a few days until spring comes to the mountains? I could just make the rounds.

Denise how is your Dad doing, I hope he is feeling better.

Linda take care of those ribs, broken ribs are just no fun at all. Take care of yourself and rest.

Have a beautiful rest of the week everyone and Please Be Happy.

Hugs,
Debbie

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Farmgirl if the Month for:
September 2012, February 2018 and September 2022
“My altars are My Mountains and the Ocean.” Lord Bryon
When I am old I am wearing Purple. I am Old!!

Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

243 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
243 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2014 :  07:47:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hyia girlies! I'm back home and up and running; we are back from visiting the newest grandbaby, Sean in Florida and his sister Grace. We took care of these two gentle souls several days while Michael and Charlene were at work, lots of work, but oh so fun! Hope everyone is well and experiencing some sort of signs of Spring!
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

211 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
211 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2014 :  10:10:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone. I just got back home from many doctor visits today for my mom. She seems to be doing slightly better :)
I started cleaning out my craft room and realized I have so many papers to still make more journals. So ladies, if any one wishes to receive anyother
journal from me (free of course), let me know, I will gladly make some more.
Have a great weekend if I dont chat. Love you all

Joan Nordquist
Independent Consultant, Origami Owl
Tell your story with jewelry!
http://nordquist.origamiowl.com

A Life Without a Friend is a Life Without Sun.
Farmgirl 3842
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2014 :  1:16:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Joan, I would LOVE to have another of your beautiful Journals! And I will be glad to pay you for it. I have so enjoyed using the one you made for me, love it!
Hope you have a great weekend as well as all the Chickies in the Hen House!
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

3856 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
3856 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2014 :  1:39:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Umm, I would like one as well Ms Joan.
Thank you,
Hugs,
Debbie

Big Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1196 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1196 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2014 :  09:22:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Sunday all,
Taking it a little slower today. Yesterday we left EARLY and headed to the grandsons last wrestling tournament of the year. It was the Kids State Wrestling competition, so there were over 700 little wrestlers there from ages 5 to 13. Add all their parents, siblings and grand parents and you can imagine how full this high school was. North Dakota has very few large high schools the way it is and this tournament is always held in a small town, lots of noise, chaos and activity. 10 matts going at one time, so you really had to be on your toes or you could miss your match. Our boys placed 2nd and 3rd. So it was a very good day to go and cheer them on. On our way home through the city we stopped at SAMs, Walmart and Barnes and Noble so didn't get home until almost 9. So today it is catch up on laundry, put all the groceries away and take a nap. Have a few new books calling me so that might be all I get done today. Don't you just love the feel and excitement of a new book, a story you haven't read yet? Joan, I would love another of you journals. They are so beautiful!. Debbie as always it was wonderful chatting the other day. Hope Kent was able to make it home. Sherry, got your card, I will call you sometime this week. Heading to Illinois Thursday for a few days. Need to spoil those grands a few days before we get busy with field work. Spring has to get here sooner or later.

Hugs all
Julie

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado

Edited by - treelady on Apr 06 2014 09:22:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1250 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1250 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2014 :  09:49:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Julie sounds like a good day to take it easy, I've had a few busy days and am just now getting a minute to sit and get caught up on things. We celebrated Shelby's birthday yesterday at Markie and Daniel's house. I's a good twenty minutes away and driving back and forth for two days and I made cookie and cupcakes and just getting ready for it all. But it went over very well. I've miss keeping up with everything that is going on here. A very rainy day here and not warming up much. So I may get a little reading in to today. Hopefully in the newsletter we are going to have a Book Nook to maybe do some book swapping, how about it. And maybe tell about the books we are reading. Better get busy I have a MsJoys Pound Cake coming out of the oven. Hope everyone has a nice relaxing Sunday.
Hugs to all

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1196 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1196 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2014 :  2:12:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh I really like the book ideas Sherry! I made an angel food cake this afternoon to go with sme fresh strawberries I picked up yesterday.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

3856 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
3856 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2014 :  07:09:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Off to Physical Therapy and a few errands, good day for Goodwill as it is Military Tuesday so we get a 15% discount on all our purchases. Woo Hoo!
I will catch up with all my chickies later this afternoon.
Suppose to be 60 degrees here today, a heat wave! I love it!

Hugs,
Debbie

Big Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

124 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
124 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2014 :  07:22:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all,
Raining here today, but that's OK, green things up a bit. Did my usual morning work, then topped off all my house plants with some good potting soil, they seem to like a bit of fresh added to the top in the spring. Finished reading "MRS. MIKE", last night. I read it years ago and wanted to read it again. So later I get to start a new book. Also working on some embroidery. Now the big project for the day, thinking of something good for dinner tonight. Better go stand in front of the fridge, that might help.
Nancy Jo

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

211 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
211 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2014 :  07:27:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, well never a dull moment in family. My son-in-law (Shane) caught a mild case of the flu. But now Joanie (pregnant lol) came down with it also, then baby Hannah came down with it. So my whole family has the flu and I've been taking care of them since the very beginning.
Hopefully I won't come down with either.
I feel really bad cause Joanie can't take any medication being pregnant, only Tamiflu the dr gave her. We are taking Hannah to her pediatrian today (spelled wrong lol). I will keep you all posted.

So far I have Ruth, Debbie and Julie that would like another journal. I will send them out as soon as I am done making them.
Also, any newbies here will get one also :)

Joan Nordquist

Farmgirl 3842
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9301 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9301 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2014 :  07:31:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL NancyJo that is what I do too when trying to come up with supper ideas. Hoping something will jump out of the refrigerator at me.

Joan~ So sorry to hear your family is sick. Especially your daughter as it is rough when pregnant and you can't take what you normally for the sake of the little one. Praying all get over it quickly and that you won't get it.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1196 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1196 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2014 :  08:03:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Joan you must be wore out taking care of everybody. Please take care!

Finished my morning tidy up, I am making some goodies this morning for Keith. I am going to visit my son and his family for a few days in Illinois this week so he will be on his own. I am driving this time, love driving through Wisconsin. A beautiful state and so many fun places to stop and explore a little bit along the way. It takes me a couple extra hours to get there and get home :).

It is supposed to get to 60 here as well today. I am cleaning out a few flower beds I didn't get to last fall.

Have a great day everyone.
Hugs
Julie

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9301 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9301 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2014 :  07:02:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Julie~ Sounds like fun getting to visit and stop along the way! I love driving to Ohio to see my daughter when we can take our time. Usually when JT goes we drive through only to stop for food and fuel. But it is a 10 hr drive and we are usually anxious to get there to see the little ones.

I made appointment for Dad to go see an acupuncturist but now he has decided he won't need to go. I think he still has the headache but with the weather warming up it may get better. I believe it has to do with his back. I kept the appointment and will cancel if he still decides he doesn't want to go. He has been to them before and says it helps so I am not sure what the hold up is.

I updated my blog again. I am hoping to be better about keeping up with it a little more regularly now. But who can tell. I never know what I will be able to do or not so it is just one day at a time.

Wishing all my sister hens a great day!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

3856 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
3856 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2014 :  08:19:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, I hope your Dad will keep his appointment, I have heard wonderful things about Acupuncturist.
Julie have fun on your trip and safe travels.
Chickies I too have updated my blog, Nancy Jo sure keeps me inspired. I will check out your blog Denise. Also new things added all the time in my etsy shop:-)
Back later to chat more.
Hugs,
Debbie

Big Hugs,
Debbie

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on Apr 09 2014 08:19:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2014 :  6:08:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Joan, Hoping things are better in your household - healthy once again!
Julie, Have a great time, and safe travels.
Denise, Hoping your Daddy will go for acupuncture! It helps me a lot, and I need to make myself an appointment :)!
Debbie, thanks for the sweet note... glad your PT is helping..or at least the massage feels good :)!
I have been sewing tonight..just finished up one of many projects. Just need to clip some thread, and I'll be done. I wanted to get on the Farm to see how everyone was tonight.
Hugs to all, and sleep well

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

243 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
243 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2014 :  6:50:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello chicks, glad to be back from vacation but them things became terribly busy, I honestly sign up for too much then family things come up to nothing bad but this body does not do well with almost constant going for several days. Yesterday I was to see my doctor just for a usual visit, I cancelled it and just stayed home with me and did what I felt like doing. Now im rested and ready to go again!
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

243 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
243 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2014 :  4:08:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just noticed something on our little forum; probably has been this way since we made our little henhouse, but under our names the number of posts is really really low anybody know why this is? A girl has gotta know ya know
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2014 :  5:13:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sue, I don't know, but I think it might be Hen House posts. I had noticed that also. I'm sure Mamma Hen can enlighten us on the subject! Happy you got some much needed rest! Some days you just have to "chill", or at least I do.
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9301 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9301 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2014 :  04:35:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sue, It is because the post count in the hen houses are separate from the posts on the main forum. The hen house posts count for all the hen houses you are included in.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9301 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9301 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2014 :  04:52:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone!
Was up early here today so figured I would get my day started. Laundry is in, dishes done, sweeping floors is next but thought I'd hop on here and see what everyone is up to today. :)

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9301 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9301 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2014 :  05:15:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Debbie,
Was just reading your blog and I love your cabinet. So pretty!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

211 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
211 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2014 :  07:06:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi ladies, sorry I haven't been here to say "hello" but I finally caught the flu that is running in my household. I have 101 which isn't too high but my body aches and I have a severe headache.
Joanie and baby Hannah are improving and are on the mend, after poor Hannah vomited up all her meds one night
Shane is the only one who is running around and he went back to work
Now I have to worry about my husband (Eric). The doctor said he is not in the clear till Sunday.
So that's my update. Have a beautiful weekend and enjoy each day!

Joan Nordquist

Farmgirl 3842
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

3856 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
3856 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2014 :  09:45:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Feel better soon sweet Joan, you have not been feeling well for quite awhile now.
Lots of tea, chicken soup and rest.
Take care my friend.
Hugs,
Debbie

Big Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 25 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Fireside Chat Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page