levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9299 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9299 Posts

Posted - May 15 2014 :  06:58:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sherry, your berries look yummy. It will be quite some time before we see any here.
My dad is having eye surgery on Tuesday next week. Not looking forward to the drive to Philly.
Julie, You sure have a lot of work ahead of you. But I am sure you will enjoy the fruits of your labor!
Debbie,So sorry you are still having the winter stuff coming. I wasn't sure it was ever going to leave here. But now the weather is warmer we are dealing with ticks and carpenter bees around. It's always something.

I have to take dad for an eye appointment this afternoon and then we have to start the pre-surgery stuff, eye drops, etc. on Saturday. Next week it is Dr. for clearance to have it done and then surgery Tuesday. Dad is very nervous to have it done. He feels all of his 88 years sometimes. Looking forward to some quiet summer days.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on May 15 2014 06:59:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

243 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
243 Posts

Posted - May 15 2014 :  07:06:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello to all - Im back from Florida had the most awesome time being with the three grands and much of family and friends, only was missing one daughter and my son n law. Joan I see that you joined one of the stitchng forums, your gonna love them! Sampler making is my new love, although it takes time I dont have, but will make time. Currently since I have been home I have been busy moving bedrooms around as next wednesday I start watching my 4 mo old granddaughter 4 days a week and I am putting together a nursery for her! TTYL!
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6011 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6011 Posts

Posted - May 15 2014 :  12:08:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Sue you are going to have a great time with your baby granddaughter! I know you will love making up that room for her, how special.
Denise I will keep your Dad's eye surgery in my prayers for Tuesday.
What is a carpenter bee?
Debbie I sure hope it is getting warmer there for you now.
Joan I would love to see what you stitch when you finish some.

Have a great day everyone.

blessings
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9299 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9299 Posts

Posted - May 15 2014 :  6:30:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Darlene, Thank you. I appreciate the prayers.
Carpenter bees look like bumblebees but they bore holes into wood which is not good for the house or garage and they build nests inside there.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6011 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6011 Posts

Posted - May 15 2014 :  6:49:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh wow, not good!
Well I hope you get rid of them.
Have a good evening.

hugs
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1250 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1250 Posts

Posted - May 17 2014 :  05:48:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning, Come on over and sit a spell. I just took the scones out of the oven and would be glad to fix you a cup of coffee or a cup of tea. 60 degrees here this morning, quite can just here the birds signing. We have a family of doves that live nearby, always so pretty to listen to. It's been a busy week, so hoping for a quiter weekend. Have lot of yard work to do. I know I will feel better about it when its done. So better finish up and get to it. Wish you were here! Have a great weekend.

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

3853 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
3853 Posts

Posted - May 17 2014 :  06:27:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning Everyone, Sherry I can smell your scones all the way to Colorado, they smell yummy. Wish we could all get together for some and a cup of coffee.

It was beautiful yesterday in the upper 50's we rain errands all day getting ready for vacation. It rain last night and it will be cloudy and rainy all weekend.

Kent is home so it will be a wonderful weekend.

Finally have a land line, whew! It kept going in and out but is seems fine now that the bad weather is over.

Have a beautiful, warm and happy weekend everyone.

Hugs,
Debbie

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Farmgirl if the Month for:
September 2012, February 2018 and September 2022
“My altars are My Mountains and the Ocean.” Lord Bryon
When I am old I am wearing Purple. I am Old!!

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6011 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6011 Posts

Posted - May 17 2014 :  12:44:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh foo, I was typing a message and my computer went to the first page and I lost it all.
Anyway, once again, I am glad to hear your weather is better Debbie and bet you are excited about your vacation.

Sherry if the wind could reach here from your place I bet the aroma of your scones would be so fragrant and yummy.
I hope you had a good morning.

I hope everyone else is having a good day as well

blessings
love
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

243 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
243 Posts

Posted - May 19 2014 :  09:44:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sherry - I am imagining the sweet smell of your scones, I actually have some packets in the cupboard for scones, I have been in such a baking mood lately; I think I will make some of these today! Thanks for the idea!
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - May 19 2014 :  3:23:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I too typed a long post here on Friday, but it went "poof gone"! and I was typing on my tablet, which is a pain to type on, so I said "oh well"!
So here I am, but this time on the lap top, which has a nice keyboard, so we are good to go :)!
Y'alls scones sound sooo yummy! I just love scones, but I have not been baking lately for two reasons. First is hubby is trying to loose weight (and I could do likewise!), and second is lack of time. We have been out in the yard, and flower gardens trying to get them in shape after the long Winter! Oh my, not only are the flowers growing, but also the weeds. That is what I worked on this afternoon. Then I put down a heavy layer of mulch, hopefully it will at least slow the weeds down! Also was scrubbing our front porch, getting it ready to paint. I got half of the stairs and railings done today, and I am done for the day!
Our new neighbors have been bringing us goodies. Yesterday was my hubby's birthday, and they brought over some yummy apple cake. Oh so good. Last week she baked apple bread, so that is another reason I am not baking :)!
Well tomorrow is our primary election, so I need to go do some homework and make sure of my choices!
You all have a great night enjoying whatever it is you are up to!
hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

211 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
211 Posts

Posted - May 20 2014 :  05:24:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning...It's really a nice day here. The humidity finally left.
JULIE...THANK YOU so much for the hand made doilies. I love the colors.
I have been having problems with my breathing, and the cat liter doesn't help. I came across this liter which is made out of corn and not clay. It states
99% dust free so I thought we would try it.
First of all, it's amazing. I dusted all the furniture in that room and a week later NO DUST!!
Plus Cutie "loves" it. There was no problem making the transition to this new liter, hooray!
I just thought I'd share this with lol
Talk to you soon, love ya all

Joan Nordquist
Independent Consultant, Origami Owl
Tell your story with jewelry!
http://nordquist.origamiowl.com

A Life Without a Friend is a Life Without Sun.
Farmgirl 3842
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1196 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1196 Posts

Posted - May 20 2014 :  06:25:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone,
Joan your very welcome, I as hoping you could use some new dish clothes. I am finishing up a few house chores and than heading outside for the day. If I am not in the tractor I will be planting trees or flower beds. I worked outside until after 9 last night, boy did I sleep good but oh I am stiff this morning. We just had a rain day but I could already use another. We will hopefully be done seeding by Saturday if everything goes right. So next week will be fencing and getting cattle moved to pastures. Than a bit of a break to get some other stuff done. Hope everyone is doing well.

Hugs
Julie

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

3853 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
3853 Posts

Posted - May 20 2014 :  07:15:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning Chickeies and big hugs from Colorado.
I am busying packing and getting ready for vacation as we live o dark thirty in the morning and will be gone a week. We are going to Illinois for our niece/Goddaughters high school graduation and spend time with Tom's Family. Kent is going with us so it will be a nice family trip.
Before things got too crazy around here and busy as we pack up the car etc. I wanted to tell you that I am not taking my computer as I wanted this to be a totally relazing trip with my family and no internet. I have a tendancy to get lost when I am on the computer.
Kent will have his smart phone so I will check emails every couple of days.
While I am gone if you need anything email Sherry as she has offered to be my go to Chickie while I am gone and y'all need anything.
Don't forget about sending things to Sherry for our next newsletter, our tea cup swap, I will post partners on the 1st of June.
Also keeping all our Chickies and their families in our hearts, thoughts and prayers as each family has their own trials and burdens so we all need prayers and happy thoughts.
I will miss all of you and our daily contact, but I will be thinking of you all everyday.
When I return I will also do a give away for what ever special I find a long the way, I love surprises and giveaways.
Take care everyone and know you are loved and thought about.
Enjoy the rest of your spring, have fun and please be Happy.
Talk to y'all in a week.
Hugs,
Debbie

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Farmgirl if the Month for:
September 2012, February 2018 and September 2022
“My altars are My Mountains and the Ocean.” Lord Bryon
When I am old I am wearing Purple. I am Old!!

Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

243 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
243 Posts

Posted - May 20 2014 :  07:36:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Debbie enjoy your vaca - I think visiting family for vaca is the best!
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9299 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9299 Posts

Posted - May 24 2014 :  05:43:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Debbie~ Have fun and relax! Enjoy your time with family.

I posted an update on my Dad's surgery on the thread where I asked for prayer.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1250 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1250 Posts

Posted - May 24 2014 :  05:57:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning everyone, Hope you are having a great holiday weekend. I started off ours with a bang last night. The reason I have not been on here the last couple of days. Mark has been with his company for 35 years yesterday, so me and the girls threw him a surprise anniversary party last night. Just had family and friends over for dinner and it was fun. Now some time to relax for a couple of days not doing anything out of the ordinary. Maybe get caught up on some things I need to be working on, swaps, yard work, and some reading. Before life gets crazy again (next week). Have a good one, take care and be safe. Hopefully Mama hen is having a great time on her trip.

Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

243 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
243 Posts

Posted - May 24 2014 :  07:35:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just want to wish everyone a happy memorial weekend! Hope everyone can be outside for at least part of it and enjoy family and friends gatherings!
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1250 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1250 Posts

Posted - May 24 2014 :  11:56:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Sue, Hope you and your family have a great weekend.

Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - May 24 2014 :  7:08:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Memorial Day chickies! I want to thank all of our veterans that gave the ultimate sacrifice that I might have the freedoms that I have. Maybe on Monday, Dave and I will go the Georgia National Cemetery, to pay our respects. My sweet hubby is a Viet Nam Veteran, and I am very proud of him and all those that have served and are still serving our great country today.
Hope you all enjoy this weekend with family and friends. We are :)!
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6011 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6011 Posts

Posted - May 24 2014 :  8:08:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Memorial Day to you all and many blessings and thanks for all who have served to keep us free!

hugs
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9299 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9299 Posts

Posted - May 25 2014 :  04:45:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Memorial day to all of you. We will be remembering all of those who have given the ultimate sacrifice and those who are still with us and have served this country. There are so many families not together this weekend because of deployments, so we keep them in our prayers as well.
May God see fit to bless our country.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9299 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9299 Posts

Posted - May 27 2014 :  04:56:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We did some work on the chicken coop yesterday so it is finally finished and the girls will be warm in the winter and hopefully cool in the summer. We also started on cleaning out the garage which has been a thorn in my side since we moved here 14 years ago. Anyway, we did get a little done and JT and I sat down and made plans to do some remodeling in there as well. It is unfinished, has framing and siding but no insulation or walls. So no way to really organize anything in there. He has a lot of equipment for his business in there and so we made the decision for him to get some kind of shed to store that stuff in. He was going to build one a few years back but just started putting things in the garage and then the building just never got done.
Nancy Jo has inspired me to start doing some stitching again so I have been working on some things I want to use in a swap and for gifts. I figured if I just get the things out and prepare them for stitching then I will work on them because they will be handy. I do them while watching movies, well listening to the movies anyway. I remember when we first got married I wouldn't do anything like that until I had all my work done. Now I just do it because if I waited till everything was done I would never get to do it. Is anyone else like that or is it just me? Hope everyone is having a great day. I know with the weather nicer and so many outdoor things to do it tends to get quiet in the hen house. But whatever you are doing, enjoy it!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on May 27 2014 04:59:16 AM
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - May 27 2014 :  10:28:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, I am very much like you in the fact that I don't want to do anything TILL, the kitchen is clean, bed is made, laundry at least going, dogs fed, etc :)! I am better than I used to be about leaving stuff undone, but not great! Before I go to bed, my kitchen has to be clean. I do have a small stack of ironing staring me in the face :(! and I want to go out and paint the rails on our front porch...the ironing will be waiting until tomorrow morning!! Still have some groceries to put away, then I'll be out the door with paint brush in hand :) (If it doesn't start storming)!
Hugs to you all

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

243 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
243 Posts

Posted - May 27 2014 :  5:07:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I need to relearn my housekeeping skills! While were are on the subject here; I have been watvching my 5 month old granddaughter now for a week, she is a very good baby, bright and sunny and a good sleeper. She arrives about 730 am and leaves about 5 pm, the time goes by really fast but I really dont get a thing done most days! When she sleeps, it could be for 10 minutes or it could be for 2 hours. Anyway, we have a dog, she seems really good with Nina but she has nver seen a baby in her 15 years so they both have to be watched. With Nina we cuddle, play on her playmat and I am waiting for my daughter to bring over her little stationary seat with all these toys hanging off it so I can set her whereever I am to be in the house, im not used to this and spent my week end catching up on everything around the house! Oh well she is my honey baby though!
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9299 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9299 Posts

Posted - May 28 2014 :  04:40:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sue,
Some things just have to wait when the babies are around. I got virtually nothing done when my kids were babies because I figured it would still be there and I enjoyed all of the time I could with them when they were tiny. Of course being my own I could work around their schedules. But now with the grandkids I am back to not getting much done when they are around. We do play lots of games and have picnic lunches and just hang out because they won't be little forever either. I don't want to regret that I didn't spend all the time I could with them. I have two younger ones who live in Ohio and I wish we lived closer to each other because I miss out on a lot of what is happening with them. Though the 3 yr old talks to me on the phone a lot. It's not the same. But she sings to me and tells me her Bible verses and I treasure those things too. Eventually they will be grown and my house will be spotless (haha) so for now just enjoy the little things. And stitching of course! I am almost finished with my embroideries. I thought when I go up to do my ironing today I will prepare a few more items to do. For me it is the getting things ready that takes me so long.
Enjoy your day. I hope everyone has sunshine today.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 25 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Fireside Chat Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly