carolj
Farmgirl in Training

24 Posts

Carol
Waynesboro Georgia
USA
24 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2014 :  3:59:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Am I missing something? The only posts I've seen are from Rachel about her beautiful garden. What's up with our group?

Blessings,

Carol
Farmgirl 1823

Sow what you want to reap.

Daizy
Farmgirl in Training

36 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
36 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2014 :  07:18:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hay there Mz Carol, I am not sure about the rest of the farmgirls but I have been extremely busy with work here on the ranch. I have been working on a badge or two but not very diligently. I try to check in on the chat forums every so often tho. I hope you are doing well. I saw where we have a few more ladies wanting to be part of our virtual chapter and I will send their names to Gabe or Brian this weekend and them set up.

What have you been doing this spring/now summer?

Hugs and prayers, Daizy

PHR Farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

carolj
Farmgirl in Training

24 Posts

Carol
Waynesboro Georgia
USA
24 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2014 :  12:23:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, Daizy! I figured out that many posts concerning our hen house are still under the barter section. My summer has been busy and productive. I've not worked on any badges this summer, but I have set up a craft/sewing room all for myself and painted the guest room. I spent yesterday morning and this morning working in the yard. We are still picking up limbs from the ice storm we had in February! Who would have thought summer would be as busy as the school year? Hope you're having a productive summer as well.

Blessings,

Carol
Farmgirl 1823

Go to Top of Page

Daizy
Farmgirl in Training

36 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
36 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2014 :  05:07:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Summer has flown by with me doing everything I can to use each minute productively. I'm pooped!! But I have a good start on making my garden area usable...next year will be much better....it gets better each year. My herbs are doing good but since I don't do much cooking they are kind of useless but very pretty and aromatic. We are now going thru our drought time so the grass doesn't grow but the weeds do. I will be working around the pool area maybe this week to pull those weeds and apply a weed barrier and stones. That's going to be work and the temps are now in the 90's. Vacations are almost over so my boarding has dropped so no cash coming in so working on things that don't require money. I suppose I'm actually prepping for winter on the ranch already.

Hope everyone is well and doing good and fun things.

Hugs and prayers, Daizy

PHR Farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

carolj
Farmgirl in Training

24 Posts

Carol
Waynesboro Georgia
USA
24 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2014 :  3:12:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Daizy, you are one busy lady! I spent all day at school cleaning my room. Books should never be that dusty! I take it from your post that you have a B and B. What fun!

Blessings,

Carol
Farmgirl 1823

Go to Top of Page

Daizy
Farmgirl in Training

36 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
36 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2014 :  04:25:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haha ....I can see where you would think that but I do pet boarding and grooming and I am a cattle rancher. When vacations come to an end so does a lot of the boarding, which has been slow this year due to the economy. I am looking for an "off the farm" job at present. I can't seem to make ends meet with the few dogs I have. The last few years I counted 9 new groomers in a 15 mile radius of my place.....and I live out in the country so we don't really have enough customers to keep us all busy. I have had lots of older dogs pass away and some moved away. Not enough customers to make a living anymore. Gotta run, cows need checking and its paperwork day.

Hugs and prayers, Daizy

PS Hope your new year is full of great students.....what grade do you teach?

PHR Farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

carolj
Farmgirl in Training

24 Posts

Carol
Waynesboro Georgia
USA
24 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2014 :  11:34:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Daizy, have you considered substitute teaching? Public and private schools need subs. You can always decline a day if it doesn't suit your schedule. The flexible hours may work for you.

You do indeed have a bed and breakfast just for our canine friends! :)

Blessings,

Carol
Farmgirl 1823

Go to Top of Page

Daizy
Farmgirl in Training

36 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
36 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2014 :  3:20:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL I suppose I do at that. No, I have not thought about subbing. Does it pay? How would I get started....where do I apply?

PHR Farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

carolj
Farmgirl in Training

24 Posts

Carol
Waynesboro Georgia
USA
24 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2014 :  4:26:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In Georgia it does pay. I would contact the school board office in your area for public schools and the offices of any private schools. You may have to attend training workshops especially for public schools. Usually a background check is done. I think you also can specify what ages of children you want to work with. Good luck and let me know how things go.

Blessings,

Carol
Farmgirl 1823

Go to Top of Page
  Member Bios: Previous Topic our group   
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page