Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 Edging toward the front porch - May 2016
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Edging toward the front porch - May 2016 Next Topic
Page: of 7

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6011 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6011 Posts

Posted - May 12 2016 :  06:45:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Sherry
It is a lot of work putting on a sale, Getting it ready, priced and then hauling it and putting it up but a place like that you get so many more people. My place is in town but Not many places that have sales so gets missed. I quit having them.
But I do love going to them.
I went to a church sale last Saturday and got a quilting hoop and stand for $5.00 Maybe I will complete the quilt I started to hand quilt years ago.:D I have to find where I put it first.
I did find my first quilt I ever made that is finished up to it binding, here it is. I was going to a quillting class, until I couldn't afford to go to the craft store anymore, I was weak! All that beautiful material, oh my!.. It sure was fun though. I have a lot of material to work with when I do make another one.
hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

Edited by - darlenelovesart on May 12 2016 07:09:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 12 2016 :  07:03:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is awesome Darlene.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6011 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6011 Posts

Posted - May 12 2016 :  07:08:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you!

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - May 12 2016 :  08:46:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone,

Brenda, have fun wondering at the flea market! Let us know about the treasures you find.

Denise, happy anniversary! Glad you were able to get away and enjoy a movie.

Darlene, lovely quilt! Fabric is addictive! Ask me how I know?! lol

Not much going on in my world. Pumpkin is home as of late last night. I'm looking forward to our family dinner tonight! This morning she drove me to the eye Dr. I had to have my pupils dilated! NOT fun! I can't stand that and avoid it but I "had" to this time. A new large floatie! Thankfully, retina intact! I'm telling you, getting old is not for sissies! lol My eyes are extremely sensitive to light under normal circumstances, you can just imagine what it's like for me now! It's going to be a long day!

Bathroom is coming along. I did blog about it, cuz not much is going on otherwise. http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

I have been doing a bit of hand embroidery, Desperately trying to have a stash done so that I do not feel I'm at the last minute every time.

I guess that's it for now! Enjoy your day everyone! Catch you later! Cheers!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4653 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4653 Posts

Posted - May 12 2016 :  09:46:58 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I love your quilt, Darlene. Beautiful! And - weak? I do not know what weak is regarding fabrics. I am STRONG - and buy strong every time I go to the fabric shop. LOL!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3460 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3460 Posts

Posted - May 12 2016 :  12:52:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone from Wurtzburg , Germany!! I am trying to keep up here when time and wifi cooperates . It is good to see and hear how everyone is doing. I miss being able to check in whenever I want to. We are seeing lots of medieval castles and learning such interesting history. Germany is a beautiful country ! It is Spring here and everything is green and flowering . It is fun seeing so many new trees, flowers and birds too.

Sherri , I hope your hubby is doing OK now and tests are not showing anything too serious.

Denise, I hope your anniversary weekend was fun and restful !

Darlene, your quilt is pretty with this great bright colors!

Alicia, I am happy your farm has closed and you can now figure out your plan to move there and make it so you can live there soon.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6011 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6011 Posts

Posted - May 12 2016 :  1:17:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes Linda that is my problem when I go into a fabric store, I am too strong!
Oh Carole, I know what it is like being dilated, not fun and my lids move when the eye doctors touch the lashes and they have to hold them open to put the drops in,. I am glad Pumpkin is home and you can have a wonderful visit. You are so busy, and I bet your embroidery work is beautiful.
Winnie, I had a friend that went to Germany and she sent me all kinds of pictures there. It sure is a beautiful place. Have a wonderful time.
Sherry you take care and prayers continue for your hubby.
hugs and have a great day!

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4653 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4653 Posts

Posted - May 12 2016 :  1:44:32 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Sherry - What is the address of the little shop? I may just have to stop in sometime. When should we have our next lunch meetup? I could come to Longview. LOL!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

420 Posts

Brenda
Jackson MI
USA
420 Posts

Posted - May 12 2016 :  3:41:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Darlene, That's a beautiful, bright and happy quilt. Great job!

Winnie so glad you are having good time in Germany. My Mom keeps telling me and everyone else how I spent 7 months in France. The only thing is that the entire time I was there I wasn't able to see or remember a thing. She was pregnant with me. Not really the trip I have in mind. LOL. Dad was in the Army and stationed in France and Mom was able to go there with him.

Farm Girl Hugs,
Brenda

Each day we add to our legacy-good or bad. Our Daily Bread
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - May 12 2016 :  6:28:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Darlene. We have a lot in common. Unfinished projects.lol fabric stores and I have this "thing" going. I buy fabric to keep them in business. I wish they wouldn't'keep coming out with such darn cute fabric. Your quilt is gorgeous! Finish it!
Winnie, my relatives came from several places in Germany and Austria. I would love to see it. Have a great trip!

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4653 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4653 Posts

Posted - May 12 2016 :  8:06:11 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Winnie - have you climbed the stairs (said loosely) to the top of the cathedral in Cologne, Germany, yet? You will love the view. My former exchange student is a minister in a small town right on the banks of the Rhine, pretty close to Cologne. Another exchange student's family lives in a Frankfurt suburb. I loved the rolling hills. Enjoy your trip.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9301 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9301 Posts

Posted - May 13 2016 :  06:04:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Darlene your quilt is gorgeous. Love those colors!

Carole I feel for you with the dilation. They don't use the strong stuff for me because I can't take the headaches. I am so fair that he tells me he can almost see what he needs to without dilating them. But he always does it. I have never had a problem driving afterwards though. I just put on my sunglasses and I'm good.
Winnie sounds like you are having a fantastic time! I'm sure you are enjoying every minute. When you come back and share I sure am looking forward to that.
We had a wonderful weekend away. Always hard to come home and get back in the groove of things. Yesterday was beautiful outside and we got the frame and fencing done for the garden. Doing a raised bed and decided not to share with the bunnies,deer and chickens so we used a pen that we had and put it up around the garden. Noticed a hole in the wooden fence that needs fixed before we plant. Just have to get the weeds out and soil done and we are good to go. Will be the next nice day before we can do anymore. Can't wait to get it started with plants growing.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 13 2016 :  11:36:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie, I know you are enjoying your trip. I have a friend who has made four trips to Europe and is planning a river cruise this autumn. She loves to go, go, go. I love to be at home.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6011 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6011 Posts

Posted - May 13 2016 :  1:22:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn your friend sounds like my friend who is constantly going and then planning to go more.
I like to go sometimes and be home the rest.

hugs everyone.

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 13 2016 :  2:04:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, between their yearly Big vacations, they drive cross country to Brick swaps, because he is a brick collector, about four times a year, then all of the trips to see and help with three sets of young grand children...It makes me tired. I have been blessed that mine are close by.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 13 2016 :  4:31:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I need some advice. We live in the country, five miles from town. People have moved out of town, as land owners have sold off bits and pieces of their family places. Now we are having a lot of night traffic. This is alarming because our lane is private, narrow, not paved and a dead end. There are signs. There is a big gate, that even when it is opened it is hard to miss. But at 2:00am, I heard the racket, the big dogs were having a fit. What ever it was stopped, backed up, turned around and STOPPED...at the end of our driveway. I woke my husband, opened the back door to activate the light, and made noise. Would you believe they did not move for ten minutes. That is how long it took my husband to get dressed and get out there. He never could see them, but it was very dark last night.He did not want me to call the law, because it takes so long for them to get out here. About 6 weeks ago I did make a day time call and told them about too much traffic. As it turned out, I learned that one of our neighbors moved into town and kids had discovered that no one was there and totally demolished his home. They were on a four wheeler, left the family trash...needless to say they were caught. He drives out daily to get his mail and check. He knew kids were pulling in and drinking. He had called that in. He had put up a good camera. The pictures and trash identified them. Four wheelers on a dangerous highway for three miles???!!! Tell me what you would do, Please.(The gate was open last night) but even when the gate is closed they are still coming, leaving their trash, etc. Oh there is a house right across the road from our lane. Kids do not care. I am frustrated.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4653 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4653 Posts

Posted - May 13 2016 :  5:36:46 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
WOW! So sorry to hear this, Marilyn. If they come out every night, maybe you could get an officer to sit out there and catch them.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 13 2016 :  5:52:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is usually Tuesday and Thursday night's because of college bar nights. College is over for most kids for spring semester.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - May 13 2016 :  7:02:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn, I think I would report it to the police/sheriff just so they are aware and maybe they will watch out for whom ever it is! Or get a "game camera" so you can get good photos for the police!
Thanks gals for your prayers for my sweet hubby. We saw the Neurologist yesterday afternoon. They don't think it was a TIA, but rather a crimped artery in the back of his neck. Both of those arteries are 80% blocked. We are going to the Cardiologist on Wednesday for more tests and the two doctor's will put their finding together to see what they come up with. He has a lot of medical issues from Agent Orange as he spent a year in Vietnam. Will give you an update, when we have one. Have company coming this weekend, plus going to travel south for our Great Grandsons 4th Birthday Party tomorrow. He and my sweet hubby share the same Birthday. May 18th :)
Hope you all have a great weekend!
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 13 2016 :  7:25:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks girls, good ideas.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6011 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6011 Posts

Posted - May 13 2016 :  7:39:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with Sherry, report it often if you have to and record each call. I know here it is hard to get the police out so calling them often as needed helps get it recorded there alot.
Sherry I am Putting you and your hubby in my prayers for all that is going on for him and that the doctors can find for sure what the problem is in his neck. Have a good time with your great grandson on his and your dear hubby's hugs.

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1250 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1250 Posts

Posted - May 13 2016 :  8:23:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda I have sent you an email with the address for the Vintage Soul.

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1250 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1250 Posts

Posted - May 13 2016 :  8:23:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will try and post some pictures of our crazy day tomorrow if I can.

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 13 2016 :  9:12:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I mentioned it to my great niece, but she may be helping her grandma, who had surgery.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9301 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9301 Posts

Posted - May 14 2016 :  5:07:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ruth, keeping your dh in prayer. Enjoy your great grandsons birthday!
Marilyn, sorry you are having trouble with the kids out there. They usually head for secluded areas. We own a security company so I would suggest cameras. They aren't real expensive to have put in. And will give you piece of mind and the police something to go with. We live in the country and have them up.
Worked on getting the garden set up today. Every muscle I haven't used in awhile is screaming tonight. Hoping to get the rest done tomorrow and it is supposed to be nice the rest of the week so I will be spending lots of time outside if I can. Washed the front of the house and got the front porch ready for painting. We are going to take down the front railings and see if we like that. If not we will replace them will vinyl rails. Looking forward to some freshening up out there.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Edging toward the front porch - May 2016 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page