Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 On the porch chatting with friends - July 2017
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic On the porch chatting with friends - July 2017 Next Topic
Page: of 5

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3460 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3460 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2017 :  06:59:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh my goodness!!! Yay for photos of Linda visiting Sara at the Yellow Rose Cottage!! These photo are fantastic and I love being able to have a great tour.

Sara, I love your cottage and how you have it all fixed up! It is a little Farmgirl Paradise with so many antiques and Farmgirl additions here and there. Wow, I could live out there in that darling cottage space! It is fun and welcoming and functional too. Sara, that vintage ice box just beats the band. I love it!!

Linda, I am so glad you and Ed got to visit with Sara and share the fun here at the HenHouse with us. It makes the miles between us all melt away! Thank-you so much for sharing !!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4651 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4651 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2017 :  07:18:11 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Winnie. And Sara's little house is just as warmly decorated and welcoming as the Yellow Rose Cottage. So cute and farm girl. Loved being able to visit with her.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2017 :  08:08:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Winnie, when I was looking for a house in Paris I asked the Lord to find me the one I needed and he did.

Thanks Linda for the sweet words about my house. One thing y'all need to know about Linda is she is the real deal. When she called and said they were on their way I had a choice to make - to rest so I could enjoy her visit or wash the dishes piled in the sink. I chose to rest and when they got here I never thought about my sink full of dirty dishes. It was like welcoming a friend I had known for years but had not seen in a long time. I hope that each of you will at sometime have the pleasure of meeting Linda.

FarmGirl Sister#6034 8/25/14
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4651 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4651 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2017 :  11:06:44 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Sara. We loved meeting you. So happy you were home and didn't mind a spur-of-the-moment visit. Farm girl sisters are like family - don't have to spic-and-span up the house. Dishes in the sink here are the norm, too. LOL!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2017 :  5:40:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sara, I understand about asking God to help find the perfect home. We were renting a little house in the country about twenty six years ago, because it was about thirteen miles from my new teaching job. However I was blessed and surprised to find myself making and painting jumpers for other ladies I taught with and met. As you can imagine this was a space hog. I began to pray each day on my walk to the mail box, half mile round trip, that God would find us a home with a long counter that I could lay out my fabric on and paint. My son had just gotten married and one day he and Julie found a place for sale by owner with owner financing...in the newspaper. They went to see it. He came and told me, "Mom, we found a farm, but best of all it has a little house for your sewing...with a long counter for you to paint on." We were able to purchase this farm, and we have always known God brought us here. Several years ago Wade was tempted with the offer to sell out. ..but as we discussed it he reminded me why we came here in the first place. It was God's plan. Now that they are developing the acerage all around us, and Wade needs more land for his critters...we have a new prayer... "Please, God, if it is your will that we move to a larger farm...please guide us to that place just as you brought us here. In Jesus' name Amen" And if it is not his will, we are ok right here.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2017 :  6:47:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn, I love your story and it's full of praise. Whether you stay or go you will know by faith it's the right thing for you and your family at this season of your life.

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4651 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4651 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2017 :  7:36:10 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
So well put, Sara. And yes, Marilyn - you will know.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2017 :  8:14:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Also Sara you are so right about Linda. She is a special friend. Like you I met her once...in the parking lot of Taco Casa. She was on her way to the DeLeon Peach and Melon Festival...three years ago, I believe. We have talked by phone, texted and emailed since then. I am always in awe of her energy and accomplishments.

I am a bit out to lunch tonight...big time pain and pain meds because of a 2 and 1/2 hour gum numbing and tooth pulling afternoon. I have now had three dentists tell me I have very strong bones. My teeth were not good but the roots did not want to leave me. Two dentists worked on me today. I think I will get some ear buds and some music before the next round. They have a tv going but I could still hear the comments between the dentist and the wonderful dental assistant. I hope I can sleep. Tonight...but who knows.

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Jul 10 2017 8:15:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4651 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4651 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2017 :  9:22:02 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
So sorry you are in pain again. I hope these extractions come to an end soon so you can feel better.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2017 :  05:31:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn, praying for healing, relief from pain, and an extra helping of the Lord's peace & mercy to see you through it.

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2017 :  05:42:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks my sisters. I will be ok. God is with me. Other than lack of sleep...I am better this morning. I do have to go back for different pain meds this morning then sleep.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3460 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3460 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2017 :  10:55:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Take care, Marilyn, and I hope the worst is behind you. You have been having some major dental work this Summer and that is never easy or pain free.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2017 :  6:14:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn, I will be praying for you! Can you sleep propped up? It will help with the pain if you can! Praying each day is better for you. When will you be finished with the dental work?
Hugs from a former Dental Assistant :)!

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2017 :  8:47:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn, add my prayers too for less pain. Dental work can be awful but at least it will end.
Sara, at my age, dirty dishes are no big deal. I want to visit the person, not critcize. You may laugh, but when I saw the pictures of your badges, the way they were hanging and the fact that my screen is small, I thought they were fly shatters and I couldn't understand why you had so many. Lol

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4651 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4651 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2017 :  9:48:56 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
LOL! Even close up that's what her badges looked like to me, Bonnie. Then when she said that was her 4 badges I looked closer. Great way to show them.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2017 :  04:41:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bonnie and Linda fly swatters - now that's funny.

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6011 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6011 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2017 :  9:35:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just saw Sara's cottage photos, thanks Linda for taking the pictures.
It is good to see you both there. What a sweet place Sara and cozy.
That was wonderful and I like your pan tree!
Have a sweet night you all.

Love and hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2017 :  05:19:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Trying to catch up with everyone and every thing...
Marilyn - how are you feeling??? I sure hope your pain soon subsides! I cannot imagine how miserable that must be!!!
Linda - How is your knee???
Bonnie - How are YOU feeling?
Winnie - welcome home and Happy Birthday! So glad you guys had such a lovely trip! It is always nice to come home again, but what a blessing to be able to see the world and explore the history that has led us to where we are today as a nation! It always amazes me how even people my age are not interested in the history of other countries... but that is part of who we are here in the US... Not many of us are originally from the US... I have some Native American heritage, but the rest is from various other countries! Looking forward to pictures ;)

Things here have been very busy and kinda rough. The visit with rad's parents was HARD! We ran almost everyday and there were lots of confrontations regarding our decisions we have made, especially regarding religion and homeschooling. They left on Wednesday, and we started getting few things done around the house that needed done... Then on Monday, my parents visited until Wednesday. Thankfully that was a really good visit... though on Monday we had quite the scare. A wild fire had started right up the road... he was bailing hay and apparently it threw a spark and the fire grew quickly. Hubby went out to help fight the fire, while I said here with the kids and my parents. It hit the point that we had to prepare to possibly evacuate... Scary times!!! Thankfully the wind shifted and blew it away from the house... so we did not have to evacuate. Others were not so fortunate. While no one lost their homes or had to evacuate, about 200 acres of fields and hay bails were lost :( Then on Tuesday my aunt and her husband got here. That evening a massive storm blew in with 60 mph gusts and quarter size hail. No big deal except it blew the shingles off our roof as well as the tar paper and we had massive water leaks. Hubby filed with insurance yesterday and put metal siding up temporarily.

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2017 :  07:09:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Darlene, it was a joy to meet Linda and have her share her pictures with y'all.

Shannon, take care of yourself and soon you'll have the house to yourselves.

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2017 :  07:31:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon, I am sorry your in laws were disagreeable. That was hard, I'm sure. I am glad your other family was happy to visit. Fires are very scary. We've had a couple nearby...Several years ago...very frightening. Then your wind and hail storm sounds like a Texas storm. Wow! That must have been frightening...especially to your children. I pray that God will give you good weather, and a nice summer in your new home. (They say problems come in threes. You have had your three, in quick succession. Now for smooth sailing.)

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Jul 13 2017 07:37:56 AM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6011 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6011 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2017 :  10:13:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon I am glad you are ok. Sorry to hear about your inlaws. maybe they were tired. I am glad your family visits were happy ones.
I am glad the fire was put out pretty fast and sorry for the other people too.
You all take care, and stay well. God is with you all the way.

Blessings

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2017 :  8:04:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon, my sympathies with your irritating other family. Just remember you and your hubby are Ulysses and have the right to make your own decisions. Let it go.
So sorry about the fire and storms. Life deals out all kinds of frightening stuff. Glad you all are safe.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2017 :  06:40:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

Not much going on around here. I thought I would have more time when my graduate course ended, but alas that is not the case. I think I ought to sit down and see where my time goes. On a positive note, I am accomplishing quite a bit.

Pumpkin came home this weekend to pick up my/her new to her car. I did mention that I was purchasing a new car. Well, that has been postponed until Monday. They brought the car from Glen Falls and the lad hit the cement base of a lamp post with it. The poor lad must have just felt awful! They ordered a new one from the New Jersey plant that arrived on Friday. So, by Monday I will be enjoying a new toy. Looking forward to it. I'm presently driving Pumpkin's old bazoo (french for an old car)

Linda, thank you for sharing photos of your visit with Sara.

Sara, lovely to put a beautiful face to a name. I just love the way you have decorated your Yellow Rose Cottage. I would have a field day looking at all of the items gracing your place. It's lovely! So many antiques. I just love the ice box!

That's it for now. Off to enjoy the sunshine and do a bit of weeding. We have had so much rain as of late. So, when the sun does come out, I'm outdoors enjoying its rays!

Cheers!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein

Edited by - ceridwen on Jul 16 2017 1:32:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6011 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6011 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2017 :  1:18:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, well sorry about your new car, I bet it will be nice when you finally get it.
It was a good picture of Sara and linda, I am glad they posted it.
Enjoy your day Carole!
hugs to you all!

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4651 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4651 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2017 :  8:18:56 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
So sorry about your new car, Carole. I'm happy they ordered you another one.

I'm happy everyone is enjoying the pictures of Sara's cottage. I'm happy we got a chance to meet. Ed is very agreeable to adding on side trips on our vacations. LOL! And Sara was available, which was great.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Project Discussions: Previous Topic On the porch chatting with friends - July 2017 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page