Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 Rockin' on the porch with quilt & friends - Oct 17
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Rockin' on the porch with quilt & friends - Oct 17 Next Topic
Page: of 6

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2017 :  12:25:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, where did September go?! Fall is certainly in the air! It has been coolish here, after a week of heat wave. I really didn't need a quilt on that porch. But today, it is a nice addition.

I hope that everyone is well. Life here continues to be busy with a few more things to button up before I can call it a done deal!

Enjoy the month everyone!

Farmgirl hugs,

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2017 :  12:46:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, good to hear from you. This morning would have been cool enough for a light quilt - 64 with a strong breeze. Six a.m. Annie and I set on the deck. Well, I set and she ran around the backyard hot on the trail of a critter who dared to cross her yard during the night. I didn't have a quilt and a small moth landed in my hot tea so I went inside.

Lunch at my sister's where she grilled the two ribeye steaks I found in the marked down bin. Bobbie cooked them perfectly. Alone with the steaks she served roasted acorn squash with molasses, green beans, and baked potato.

FarmGirl Sister#6034 8/25/14
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4644 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4644 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2017 :  4:44:20 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Summer temps are coming back here - BUNMMER! I want fall temps to be here now!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2017 :  6:14:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Julie asked us to come to lu ch. Robert has caught a cold, so they fixed us two plates and was it good. Smothered steak, very tender, mashed potatoes and fried okra. It hit the spot. Very nice of her. I called and my son answered her phone. I asked him to tell her thank you, and he told me he had me on speaker!

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Oct 01 2017 6:15:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6005 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6005 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2017 :  7:22:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good to hear from you Carole, I bet you will be happy when it is all done but probably miss it too.
Sara your lunch sounded delicious.
Linda I hope your weather gets a little cooler for you without going crazy.
Marilyn that was nice of Julie to fix you a nice lunch. Especially the fried okra, I haven't had any of that in years.
Have a good evening everyone.

Love you all.

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9258 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9258 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2017 :  9:21:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, good to hear from you. Hope all is going smoothly. Cool here today. We all had our sweaters on.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2017 :  06:16:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone :) Been missing my Farmgirl sisters so much! We are cooling off here now. It feels so lovely! Sadly I'm still trying to get things out of my garden, so I'm hoping I can cover them well enough to still get some veggies. my tomato, pepper, and zucchini plants are still producing. Have had a lot going on here... Aly has a broken hand... she had it sitting on a chest freezer. On the opposite wall was the extra king size mattress and box springs. They fell on her hand :( We had a sick chicken, cat, and goat for awhile... the chicken had sour crop. We used apple cider vinegar to help clear that up, and then cooked egg yolks. We let the kittens start roaming the house, especially downstairs, which is where our cat's litter box was. Well, she hates the kittens, so she quit going down there! Poor thing ended up with a UTI! She had to go see the vet and is doing much better! Still not positive what was wrong with our goat... she showed signs of pneumonia, as well as bloat, as well as having some diarrhea. The vet gave us an antibiotic for the possible pneumonia, and we also treated her with Vitamin B Complex, probiotics and electrolytes. Thankfully she is doing really well now. Sadly, we have sick kiddos though... look to be fighting croup. Ugghhh. I went to the OB again last week. i had some blood work run, including the sugar test to check for gestational diabetes. Thankfully tat came back beautifully. Unfortunately, I am extremely anemic - to the point where they are talking transfusions after my section, and my thyroid numbers are messed up, so they put me on synthroid. Hopefully that will help. Well, I need to go milk my goats. Much love to you all!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2017 :  06:49:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon I'm sorry Aly broke her hand. Give her a extra hug for me. Hope the other kids recover soon. A house full of sick kids and pets - bless your heart.

Glad you are still getting veggies out of your garden and plenty of eggs & goats milk. Your homestead is producing it's first year. Can't wait to hear what happens next year.

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2017 :  07:00:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Sara :) This first year (hard to believe it ill be a full year the end of this month, already!) has been a huge learning curve, but God has seen us through each step of the way! Our goal for the first year was to have a garden, laying chickens, and goats.... and hubby getting a job through the hospital. God has helped us succeed at all of it, plus some. Or chickens are giving us about 1.5 dozen eggs each day, the goats are giving us between 1.5 and 2 gallons of milk each day, we butchered a bunch of broilers that we have in the freezer, and my garden s doing eh okay. It has probably been the least successful thing, but I think we started it too late and didn't water it enough to begin with. I'm going to pick off all our green tomatoes here soon and wrap them.... just leaving them on as long as I can! I did order some garlic... so once that gets here, I will plant it :) Potatoes can get planted in March, so I have the next five months or so to plan. Honestly, a lot of my focus has been on getting ready for Jenni! It still seems so unreal to me!!!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2017 :  7:22:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon, I am so happy to hear your news. Your new thyroid med should help you feel better. When Miss Hadlee had been on growth harmones a few months, her pain was bad, thyroid solved her problem. God is good.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

farmgirl68
True Blue Farmgirl

152 Posts

Katie
Bangor Pennsylvania
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2017 :  06:10:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thought I'd stop by and give a quick hello. Shannon, I hope the synthroid gives you some relief. It has been my experience that it may take awhile until they get the right dosage and until your body adjusts so don't give up!

Marilyn - how are you fairing? Do you still need to wear that clunky thing on your leg? Has your body healed at all? It can take a long time until all the pain develops from a fall and longer yet to recover. You're in my prayers!

It's nice that some of you live close enough to know each other personally. I would love to meet some of you someday. Despite my condition, I've been hard at work trying to get ready for the craft fair later this month. My hope is that my FIL will begin to photograph my items so that I can post them to Etsy. That way I can take credit card orders and I'll have another way to sell my products. I opened up an Etsy shop last year but I haven't done much with it in the last few months. Time to get it going again! My biggest downfall (has been all my life) is that I start one thing and either run out of something, think I had something that I need and don't, or get bored and move on. I have so many project started and not finished. Today I made a promise - finish what I have!! Let's see if I can follow through?!

I hope everyone is well. I think of all of you often!

Katie #7422
Friends are the flowers that bloom in life's garden.
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2017 :  08:30:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Katie, don't fret, I think we all have projects that we start, life happens, and weeks, months or years later...there it is. I've decided it is ok. Knowing how excited I am when I find someone's left overs in an estate sale or a garage sale, I should make some folks happy someday...

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

farmgirl68
True Blue Farmgirl

152 Posts

Katie
Bangor Pennsylvania
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2017 :  10:00:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's funny Marilyn. When I was organizing my craft room a couple of months ago, I found my in-laws wedding gift that I intended on giving them 17 years ago only partially done. Ooops, LOL

Katie #7422
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3460 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3460 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2017 :  11:44:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy October everyone!

Shannon, it is so good to hear from you. Hopefully, you are going to be feeling better on Synthroid as you finish up your fall garden and get ready for Jenni. It has been a very busy summer for all of you in your new Homestead, and it sounds like you have been having a lot of success getting your basics for food needs up and running well. Congratulations!!

Katie, we all have those UFOs haunting our closets and storage boxes so you are not alone. I hope you can get your Etsy shop up and running as the holiday shoppers will be increasing soon and it is a good time to be in the mix of buyers

Carol, good luck wrapping you your shop details. I know you will be happy to have it all behind you. What sort of plans do you have for afterwards? Maybe a nice long rest over the holidays and then on to the New Year?
Linda you are not the only one with Summer still hanging on with a death grip! Last week was just awful and finally we got some rain. Now we have another tropical rain maker heading up the state by Wednesday and then all eyes are on the southern Caribbean for a potential Tropical Depression headed to the Gulf Coast somewhere early next week. Summer is alive and well down here and hurricane season is anything but over. We still have locally flooded roads again from this past weekend. Some areas still have not recovered and gone down since Irma.

Sara and Denise, how I envy your little flirting with Fall temps! I wish!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6005 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6005 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2017 :  10:44:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Take care Winnie and keep safe out there.

hugs and love

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2017 :  7:28:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon, I hope Aly is doing ok. I know that was painful, so painful. I'm glad she was spared other injuries. How old is Aly?

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2017 :  7:53:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Somewhere, we were talking about putting up Christmas trees, I have looked and looked and I can not find it. However, I know someone said they were having an all white tree this year. I think it was Denise??? Anyway, since I have been on bed rest I have been on you tube.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2017 :  7:58:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And I came across a lady in the Netherlands. She is so sweet and incredibly talented! She has had white trees and has a video of one of them. She has made videos of her junk journals, gifts for her friends, etc. She uses so much lace, which I love. She also has a blog. Look for:
Loes O. On you tube and her blog is:
http://scrapaloes.blogspot.ne or .com. Either one works.
Some times I have better results with this: loes/you tube

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Oct 04 2017 8:23:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9258 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9258 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2017 :  11:42:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just a few spots I decorated today.
I was thinking I might get to decorate this year.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Oct 05 2017 11:47:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2017 :  2:19:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, great fall deco. Stuffed scarecrows are one of my favorite things about fall.

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9258 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9258 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2017 :  4:09:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've had this guy for a few years now. I like them too Sara!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2017 :  4:13:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cute Denise.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2017 :  9:48:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cute decorations. Hope everyone is doing well. We have been traveling in northern Minnesota. Off to Austin TX on Oct. 20.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

farmgirl68
True Blue Farmgirl

152 Posts

Katie
Bangor Pennsylvania
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2017 :  04:34:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, I LOVE the penny rug ~ it's beautiful and sets off the rest of your decorations perfectly :)

Katie #7422
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2017 :  04:59:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yesterday I got a special treat when my grand niece and her soon to be 4 year old triplets stopped by for a quick visit. Tiffany gave me a jar of her persimmon jam and lime sugar cookies cut in leaf pattern. I tasted the jam and it was good. I sent her home with the baked eggplant sauce pasta dish I had just taken out of the oven. It was made with the leftovers from my canning earlier. She said the trips would love it. Those kids have been eating anything and everything since they were little and started on table food. I did save a serving for me and it was good.

I watched London, Oliver, and Gentry in the pickup so Tiffany could see what I had done in my Yellow Rose Cottage and get the canning jars I saved for her. For a short visit it was too much trouble to get them out of their car seats and buckled up again. The kids and I had a fun visit. Oliver saw a yellow tractor go pass and yelled it out. When I asked how the puppies were doing Gentry went "arf- arf" and when I asked him what was on the front of his t-shirt he tried to read the letters up-side down. London is the shy one but she smiled and let me touch her frilly sandals and bow in her hair. All of them told me good by.

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2017 :  06:32:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sara, I look forward to your early morning visits. It was fun to hear about the triplets!

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Rockin' on the porch with quilt & friends - Oct 17 Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page