Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 Rockin' on the porch with quilt & friends - Oct 17
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Rockin' on the porch with quilt & friends - Oct 17 Next Topic
Page: of 6

Lavender Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

420 Posts

Brenda
Jackson MI
USA
420 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2017 :  11:33:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Sara. We had a lovely trip.

Sara would love to know about the mystery you are reading. I just finished Darkwater by Dorothy Eden a few minutes ago and need to pick another book to read. Darkwater was a good book for travel. An easy read. Need something more involved now.

Linda if you ever go back to London, you will find it changed quite a bit. Our guide told us London had changed a lot in just 6 weeks. Buildings were gone on some corners and in other places new ones were erected. She couldn't believe the changes in such a short time.

Denise and Connie I hope you get to go sometime.

Farm Girl Hugs,
Brenda

Each day we add to our legacy-good or bad. Our Daily Bread

Edited by - Lavender Rose on Oct 12 2017 11:42:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2017 :  12:19:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Brenda, I'm not reading a book I am writing a cozy mystery. It's definitely light reading.

I sent the first two chapters to a couple of SPG FarmGirls. If anyone is interested in reading "Anniversary of a Murder" I will e-mail it as an attachment. It has been edited once but still may have errors & typos. It's far being a finished piece.

FarmGirl Sister#6034 8/25/14
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2017 :  2:49:19 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I'd love you to send your chapters to me, Sara. Thanks!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2017 :  3:05:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On You Tube there is a site: Dainty Diaries! I discovered her while on my bed rest. She is a cute little Irish Lass! Actually she is about 29, but quite talented. She has a vlog where she does videos of her adventures. She does day trips around Ireland, overnights to Belgium, New York City, etc. I found it interesting, but you must really listen because she definitely is not from here. Check her out!

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2017 :  06:24:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone,

It's been a long time since I have had a couple of minutes to catch up. It is always a treat for me to see what you all have been up too.

Life has been one huge time consuming busyness! I did manage to stop long enough yesterday to notice that my rose bush had given me a new rose. It smelled so sweet!

I don't really have much to say about what is going on in my life. Just lots of crazy, crazies! I don't even know when it will all end ... but I keep this in mind.

It looks like everyone is into fall mode ... I do love fall. Today the air is crisp and the gorgeous fall colours are coming through. I did take a drive to Lake Placid last week to clear my mind and so enjoyed the beauty of nature. Unfortunately, I was rear ended by someone ... Sigh, a new car with a bit of damage not worth fixing ... I'll never stop for a pedestrian at a cross walk again! LOL Just kidding! Oh well, it's just stuff that's easy to replace. I'm just glad no one was hurt!

Well, that's it for me at the moment. Please know that although I have not had much of a presence as of late, I do think of you all. Please keep me posted if something I should know comes up on the main forum and/or this forum. My mind is every where at the moment.

Farmgirl hug,

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein

Edited by - ceridwen on Oct 14 2017 07:55:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2017 :  07:02:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, my thoughts are with you. I hope your life smooths out and slows down so you can find your way to where you want to go. We are all on a journey through life - it's the ruts and bumps in the road that throws us off our path from time to time. It's our job to dust ourselves off and get back onto our path. I'm writing this for me too.

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

5996 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
5996 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2017 :  8:22:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole your rose is beautiful. You just take it easy, know we love you. That was not much fun being in a fender bender. I am glad no one was hurt.
We are here when ever you need us just let us know. Take care and just know Sara is writing a great mystery. I sure am enjoying it.
I love your mystery Sara.
hugs
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9205 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9205 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2017 :  06:34:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole,
Good to see you for a bit. Sorry about your lovely drive being marred a little. Hope life slows for you soon. We're doing fine here, I think everyone has something going on this time of year. You're in our thoughts!

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9205 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9205 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2017 :  07:31:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I decided to go ahead and strip the stairs, they were painted, while the guys work on painting the ceiling today. It is going to take me a long time to do them. Hopefully I can get them done by Thanksgiving. I think it may be a slow process. Have to start out doing every other one so we can still use them. LOL.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

5996 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
5996 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2017 :  07:36:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well Denise you have a job ahead of you. Be careful though. Have a good day.

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2017 :  08:14:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, stripping is hard work but the finished chairs will be beautiful.

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9205 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9205 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2017 :  4:24:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sara, These stairs are a bit of a challenge because the paint that was used on them doesn't seem to take to the stripping stuff I am using. May take some sanding to get it all off. I can't believe they painted them to cover them with carpet. Such a pretty wood underneath.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

5996 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
5996 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2017 :  4:43:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe a different kind of stripper, Denise, was it some kind lacquer used on them. Maybe they aren't compatible with the stripper your using. Just a thought.
Be careful how ever you do it.

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2017 :  7:29:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, we miss you. You are in my prayers.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

farmgirl68
True Blue Farmgirl

152 Posts

Katie
Bangor Pennsylvania
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2017 :  06:00:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just a quick check in. I haven't been able to be on in a few days and in feels like months! I love reading what everyone is doing.

As for me...my stomach has been improving considerably (thanks dearly for all the prayers) but on one of my falls I must have given my body a jolt and am dealing with all-consuming hip pain. When I went to Philadelphia the other day I got a cortisone shot in my back, my hip, and my ankle. I'm happy to report my back and ankle are golden! A new medication added to the already 17 that I'm on; this one is for osteoporosis. I'm very happy at the status of my belly, though. The skin around the hold is healing from the tape and I have a relative peace of mind that my shirts one soak in an hour (although I still check from time to time) My FIL is still here and we had a rough couple of days (6 weeks can be a long time) but things seem mended and back on track.

"Funny" story- My Uncle Larry died and I had to get to my parents house so they could take me to the funeral Mass. Well, remembering I can't drive because of my seizures, I ruled out my husband (it would make him late for work), and my FIL (it was too early in the AM.) So luckily I live right on a bus line. So I decided to take the 2 hour trip south to the bus depot where my parents could pick me up and we could leave from there. Great, problem solved. The next AM I left right on time, go to the bus stop (2 blocks away VERY far for me to walk) and I realized I didn't have my phone. There was a young man there and I asked if he thought I had 5 minutes to go back home to get my phone. I left my walker and my knitting bag with him, took my pocket book with me and limped back UP hill to the house. I got my phone and limped back down to the bus stop. Just as I was almost there I saw the bus coming so I had to "limp run" to get there. and guess what?....Can you guess??? I forgot my purse back at the house when I picked up my phone. I had no money, didn't have my handicapped bus pass. I begged and started to cry and she finally let me on for free. Thank goodness for small miracles because I don't know what I would have done otherwise.

Denise - that's a daunting task!

Stay well everyone, I keep you all close to my heart!

Katie #7422
Friends are the flowers that bloom in life's garden.
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2017 :  07:11:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Katie, glad you are feeling better.

It rained a little during the night so it's a cool morning in the cottage. Canning beans this morning.

Yesterday, my sister Betty and BIL went to Cuthand Methodist Church for his aunt's 95th birthday. They stopped by the cemetery and two of the bouquets of cut flowers have taken root on Dustin's grave and are blooming. I think that is a miracle for cut flowers from Kroger's to root and bloom. The Lord is with us always we just have to open our hearts to see his works.

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2017 :  3:40:37 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Glad you are feeling well, Katie - you sure had a bus stop story. Glad you made it on the bus.

Sara - haven't heard of cut flowers taking root. That is a miracle.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

5996 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
5996 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2017 :  9:17:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Katie,I am so glad the bus driver let you ride free after that jaunt you had. I hope you get to feel better soon.
Take care
hugs and blessings.

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9205 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9205 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2017 :  05:03:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Katie, What a day you had. Glad you were able to get on the bus. Were you able to get your purse from your parents at some point?
So glad to hear you are healing. You are in my daily prayers.

Sara, I have never heard of cut flowers taking root but we don't know how all things work do we. I learn that new all the time.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

farmgirl68
True Blue Farmgirl

152 Posts

Katie
Bangor Pennsylvania
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2017 :  05:28:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone, and yes, I have been reunited with my purse, LOL

Sara, that really does sound like a miracle. We just never know and must be open to see His works in the darndest places.

Katie #7422
Friends are the flowers that bloom in life's garden.
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2017 :  06:33:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Katie - the fact that you saw/see the situation with forgetting your purse as a funny story tells me a lot about you s a person :) What a great outlook you have!!! I'm so so thankful to our Father in Heaven that you are starting to truly heal. I cannot wrap my brain around being on so many medications! We will continue to pray for you! <3

Sara - oh how splendid! God is so good!!!! I have a feeling your sister and BIL needed that demonstration of His love... or someone else who saw it did! We watched "God's Not Dead 2" this past weekend... what a good movie! My kids are walking around the house singing/shouting "God's not dead, He's surely alive! He's living on the inside roaring like a lion" over and over again. One day I will have to teach them the rest of the song, but for now, I'm enjoying just hearing that! It does my heart good <3

Darlene - I was scrolling up and came across your phrase "maybe different kind of stripper." OY did that make me stop in my tracks and re-read what I was reading! Too too funny!!!

Denise - how are the stairs coming?

Carol - sounds like things are really hectic your way! Praying for some calm in this storm of your life here soon! Very thankful no one was hurt in the accident!!!

Marilyn - I'm going to have to check out that youtube video! I need to learn more to teach the kids about Europe. We will finally be out of Asia right before Jenni is born. It has been a long unit, but I think the kids have learned a lot!

Brenda - I dream of traveling one day!

Speaking of traveling, is Winnie traveling again? Missing her posts!

This week is going to be a super busy one for us! We are having a week of warmer weather (in the 70s) before hitting freezing again over the weekend. We need to get a chicken coop built, as it will soon be too cold for the chickens to free range all day and for us to move their tractors! I also still need to get my garlic planted, as this weekend was just too busy, not to mention COLD! The flip flopping in weather drives me nuts though!!!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9205 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9205 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2017 :  06:59:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon, I did a double take too with Darlene's comment. LOL. The stairs are coming along fine. Need to get out the sander though.
Our temps are in the 60's today but this is our 4th day of rain too. I don't mind but I hate to see the cloudiness we've had so much of. I dislike my October being dreary. Bring back the sun please.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2017 :  07:58:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This was a interesting fun adventure...reading a weeks worth of posts. Everyone is so busy, getting ready for winter. It is pretty cool here, I wore a sweater all day yesterday. 50° this morning. We were in the upper 80s last Thursday and Friday, but today we may only get to 70. Big change!
Katie, wow! Did your parents drive you back home or did you have another bus trip and walk uphill to get home.
Shannon, I hope you get your chicken house built and your hens enjoy having a warm place to sleep.
Carole, just remember this phrase, "This too shall pass!" Life is filled with so much stuff.
Jamie welcomed Rylee Sage, her new grand daughter. Precious, beautiful baby girl! I think God is so awesome, every time I see a newborn baby...be it human, or animal.
My brother in law lost his wife Saturday. She was diabetic, as well as having other problems. He found her in the floor...So an autopsy is being done.
My knee and leg seem to be improving. At least the pain is less. I have three more laser treatments on the torn muscle. I read about a young woman using essential oils to heal her knee problems, so I am doing that also. Hopefully I can avoid the surgery they keep bringing up.
Sara, God has given you an amazing gift.
Denise, your stairs should be beautiful. Removing old paint is a huge chore.
Well I think I need to move around a bit, so I will check in later.

Have a blessed day and week everyone! Hugs!

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Oct 16 2017 08:04:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2017 :  08:13:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The flowers are a gift from the Lord. They were placed on his grave in mid July and now it's mid Oct.

Shannon good to see you post. Happy cheese making.

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

5996 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
5996 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2017 :  09:14:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh my I never even thought differently when I wrote about the stripper until you all said something. How funny. OH My.

Love you all! you made my day!

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Rockin' on the porch with quilt & friends - Oct 17 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page