Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 Rockin' on the porch with quilt & friends - Oct 17
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Rockin' on the porch with quilt & friends - Oct 17 Next Topic
Page: of 6

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

5997 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
5997 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2017 :  12:14:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Katie your Etsy site has some really cute things in it.
I love it. Especially the little Grinch brushes and Black kitties.
Nice work.

hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9205 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9205 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2017 :  3:50:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Katie, So sorry to hear about the friendship. So sad when people just decide to up and end things like that.

On a different note, I took a look at your Etsy and I think the glass ornament is adorable. I also like your jute items. Especially the bowl.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

farmgirl68
True Blue Farmgirl

152 Posts

Katie
Bangor Pennsylvania
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2017 :  5:22:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Darlene and Denise!

Katie #7422
Friends are the flowers that bloom in life's garden.
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2017 :  6:07:49 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Katie - I am so sorry about your friend. I am going through something similar, and it is very upsetting to me the way my friend is acting. It was like everything changed overnight and she didn't have time to do any of the things we used to do together. Why are people like that?

I hope you are feeling better, Marilyn.

Glad your visit was good, Denise.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

5997 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
5997 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2017 :  7:35:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It really makes you wonder about people like that after so many years. So you move on to a new life and let it go because maybe you are better with out them, even after all the memories you had together. It isn't easy but we are here for you.

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2017 :  7:57:00 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
And I am so glad to have all of you. We are friends, sisters, and family.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

farmgirl68
True Blue Farmgirl

152 Posts

Katie
Bangor Pennsylvania
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2017 :  04:07:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know Linda. It's like, whoa, where did that come from? And Darlene, you are absolutely right! In some ways I'm relieved because the negativity is gone but so is the friendship. One of the things I miss the most are our long phone calls. We would chat and chat while I did my house work and cooked. I loved that.

Linda, I'm sorry you are going through something similar

Katie #7422
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9205 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9205 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2017 :  07:04:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just remember, everyone is put in to our lives even if for a short time for a reason. What seems like a long time won't seem so later on. Some leave and come back too though maybe not in the same way as before.

We always take something away. On a happy note I was just contacted by someone who I thought I wouldn't hear from again. So you never know how things will work out. I am very happy to have her back in my life.

Well, there always seems to be something waiting to get done when you get home from traveling. I spent yesterday in the laundry room and kitchen getting things caught up again. Laundry still needs put away but I am finishing up the last load this morning. I have been working on Christmas and am almost done. Hoping to be finished by the first week of November so I can relax and enjoy my time with family that are coming. Love, love this time of year.
We are have rain and lots of wind today. The gusts were up to 50 mph per hr in the night. Had to go get my mums and put them back on the front porch. Everything has been okay. We did have the lower part of a rain gutter come off so JT fixed that this morning. I have to go out in it to get groceries. Bleh, not looking forward to that. But the sooner I'm done the sooner I can get back and get the rest of the things done I need to. Also spent some time decluttering and cleaning the big pantry. Feels good to be getting my Fall cleaning done. Still working on the two front rooms. Hoping to be done with ceiling and walls this weekend. Then on to floor and trim. I look forward to being in the big room this winter.
Hope everyone has a great day!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Oct 24 2017 07:18:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2017 :  07:39:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I too believe in the seasons of life and relationships. Sometimes we get more out of them then the other party; other times they are in our lives for their benefit. We may never know which it is.

I know for me I accept that I am growing as a woman but it might be uncomfortable for me when a friend is growing also but in a different direction. What once drew us together may now not be needed by either or both of us. Letting go of a relationship passed it's season is hard but remember by letting go we are also growing. The ebb and flow of relationships help to shape who we are and who we will become.

That's enough of my philosophizing I have to get on with my rat killing*.

*old Texas saying which simply means I have things to do and must get to them.

FarmGirl Sister#6034 8/25/14
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2017 :  4:54:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone! Sorry I have been absent lately. I am in Ausrin TX with our son and dil. Came on the 20th and go home tomorrow. We have seen so much. I love Fredricksburg. Prayers for everyone.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9205 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9205 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2017 :  05:13:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bonnie,
Sounds like you are having a wonderful time! It's always fun when we can do things with our family. Prayers for safe travels home.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

5997 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
5997 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2017 :  9:45:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bonnie Keep safe traveling out there and a good trip.
Sara, I am really enjoying your mystery story, Thanks

Hugs
Love you all.

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2017 :  05:26:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Darlene, glad you are enjoying it. I'm working on chapter 7.

If you missed my post offering to share my cozy mystery chapter by chapter as I write it and you would like to read it please let me know by e-mail. I do a first edit before sending but there may be mistakes and typos.

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9205 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9205 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2017 :  05:35:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You're doing great with the book Sara!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2017 :  05:44:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Denise. Happy to share with you and glad you are enjoying it.

Go to Top of Page

farmgirl68
True Blue Farmgirl

152 Posts

Katie
Bangor Pennsylvania
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2017 :  06:10:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise you sure seem busy! You must be exhausted from all your putting away and cleaning. I know what you mean though; that way you can enjoy the holidays!

Bonnie please have a safe trip home.

As for me, I have come to terms with the loss of my friend (I think.) There was a lot of stress on me as well (negativity about everything, grateful for nothing) and I think she may have done me a favor in the long run.

Sara, that is the funniest saying I think I've ever heard. I will have to keep that in the back of my memory bank!!

Katie #7422
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2017 :  06:54:12 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I agree - I've never heard that saying before. And, Sara, I like your view on friends and changing needs. Losing a friendship we thought was forever is hard, but our own growing is very important. She is over 10 years younger than I am and has moved on to raising cows with her husband. I am retired and with a man I love. We are both at different points in our lives. We both have moved on in different ways, and we are neighbors (2 miles apart), so our paths may cross again someday.

Today I am packing - finally - for our cruise. We are driving to Galveston tomorrow, as soon as Ed finishes working, and board the ship around noon on Saturday. We will be gone until November 11, so I will not be on much, if at all. The cruise lines charge too much for computer time and my phone will not have coverage unless we find a Starbucks with free Wi-Fi. LOL!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2017 :  07:01:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm sorry I haven't checked in more, but somehow I was not getting hen house notifications. I tried to fix that and hopefully it works.
I'm getting better, start therapy next week. I must buy some shorts because I have pool therapy. I drove to town yesterday to get the oil changed, buy some baby aspirin, cat food and chicken feed and coffee water. I was nervous about driving among others but that part was ok. I was so tired when I came home.
I've lived long enough to have had friends come and go. Been chewed out by three women...each turned out to be mentally unstable. At one time my husbands best friends wife and I were very good friends, we can pick up just as if we saw each other a day ago...when we do see each other. All of my retired teacher friends are helping with their ever increasing numbers of grand babies. They are so busy, like I was for 13 years. We visit on the phone, and it is good to hear their voices or follow each other on facebook.
When Hadlee was diagnosed with the brain tumor...her friends pulled away! I told her they were probably afraid of catching it or just had no idea how to proceed, they were 13.
Pam Barnes-Palty tripped over a doggie gate, went flying and broke her hip. A replacement was necessary. She was in our hen house until she was removed last year. You might like to send her a card. She has recently been in some card swaps. It seems to me that when ladies are not heard from...something may be wrong. If you still have our older address list...I believe hers is still the same.
I've done a bit of clean up in my sewing house. Not much but I can see the floor in spots. People tend to give me stuff...and sometimes they don't tell me...SURPRISE!!!
Have a great day my sweet friends.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3455 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3455 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2017 :  07:05:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just checking in with everyone here. Lots going on!

Bonnie and Denise, so glad you both had wonderful family visits. It is nice to connect when the miles keep you apart.

Linda, enjoy your cruise! I hope you have fantastic weather and sailing during your trip. I look forward to hearing about your adventures when you return.

Yes, losing a long time friend is terribly hard and disappointing. There is no easy way to accept what has happened but I think Sara has a good approach to the problem. It is all about how life is like the ocean, it is forever in motion with many ups and downs. It is very hard, however, to weather some of the storms that happen.

Katie, I am happy to hear that there is good news on the horizon about your wound healing. Best of luck with the upcoming hospitalization. I am hoping they can get the information early and you won't have a long boring stay!!

Today is our 38th wedding anniversary!! It seems like just yesterday but our aging keeps reminding us that we are in fact getting OLD!! LOL!! We have been blessed with many happy years and I hope and pray we will have many more.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2017 :  08:20:05 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Happy anniversary, Winnie!

Katie - Good luck during your hospital stay.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

5997 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
5997 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2017 :  9:56:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Anniversary Winnie

Wishing you many more and blessed ones.
hugs and love

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2017 :  05:23:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy anniversary Winnie!

Not much going on in my little corner of Texas except I have been tracking a pkg from QVC all over north central and central Texas. It made it to Coppell several days ago which is a Dallas suburb. Then there was a mistake in sorting and they shipped it to Temple close to Fort Hood. From Temple it went to Austin; then to Dallas; back to Coppell; and then back to Dallas; there it sits; have no idea when it will make it's way to Paris and if it will be in one piece. Our US Postal Service at work. Must say I do a lot of ordering on-line and most pkgs are delivered on time.

Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2017 :  08:55:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Update on my wayward pkg - it is out for delivery. How it got to Paris from Dallas I haven't a clue.

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2017 :  09:59:41 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Good to hear your detective work found it. LOL!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9205 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9205 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2017 :  3:40:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Anniversary Winnie! May you be blessed with many more years.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Rockin' on the porch with quilt & friends - Oct 17 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page