Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 Rockin' on the porch with quilt & friends - Oct 17
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Rockin' on the porch with quilt & friends - Oct 17 Next Topic
Page: of 6

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2017 :  7:30:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good evening everyone,

I think I'm all caught up! Goodness, everyone has been so busy.

Shannon, I don't know how you do it. I'm ready for a nap just reading about your life and everything you do. lol Glad the little one has her cast off!

Katie, glad all is healing as it should.

Marilyn, not sure what went wrong with your henhouse notification, perhaps unsubscribing and resubscribing would fix the problem. Let us know how your therapy works out. Are you still doing the essential oils?

Winnie, happy anniversary! Wow 38 years! Congrats! Do you have any trips planned?

Brenda, thank you for sharing photos of your trip.

Bonnie, enjoy your time in Texas. Lovely state.

Julie, good to see you. I know how this time can be so busy for you.

Connie, so sorry to read about everything and your MS flaring up. I do hope everything settles for you soon. Hugs!

Linda, cruisin' hey? Sounds wonderful! I've never been on a cruise. Not sure how I would like not being able to get off the ship for a while. The ocean is really big! lol Don't forget to show us pictures of your new tractor. I love tractors!

Sara, indeed it is a miracle that the flowers have taken root! Glad you are back at writing your mystery novel! You go girl!

Denise, how are those stairs coming along? You are a brave women!

Catch you all later!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein

Edited by - ceridwen on Oct 28 2017 07:31:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6008 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6008 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2017 :  7:50:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, it is good to hear from you, glad you are catching up.
I got your card, thank you for it.
Sara's story is really good, I enjoy it every time she sends a chapter.
Have a good night everyone and a good week end.
If you don't hear from me over the week end, I am having some difficulty with my computer. I probably will be on my Ipad, not at easy but better than nothing.
Take care all
Love you all.

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

farmgirl68
True Blue Farmgirl

152 Posts

Katie
Bangor Pennsylvania
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2017 :  07:13:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello gals, I'm afraid I've fallen behind. We decided to do a few more craft shows before the season ends but I'm in the middle of an RSD flair so I have to work in between rests. Between that and keeping up with my swaps (I have a tendency to overextend, it's in my nature.)

Know that I think of all of you daily. My life has improved since having a bunch of ladies with like ideals and that means so much to me.

Linda - I'd love to see tractor and cruise pictures

Winnie - 38 years - Congratulations!

Carole - hope you are coping.

Julie - how was your harvest?

Katie #7422
Friends are the flowers that bloom in life's garden.
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1196 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1196 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2017 :  2:56:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Katie, we are still in it. We have about 300 acres of corn left. I am actually in a tractor right now hauling it to the semi's with the grain Cart. Thank goodness for good data plans. We will be done hopefully next week sometime if the weather cooperates. We had snow a few days ago and rain and snow in the forecast for the next few days. We will take part of tomorrow to bring cattle home. There water is freezing and we just don't have time to open water all the time right now, so the home pasture is best. Happy Anniversary Winnie! Have fun cruising Linda, I love all the shore excursions in different ports. Carole, what are you doing with your free time these days, if you have any yet. Good luck with your craft shows Katie, you have some cute stuff. Darlene I hope you get your computer oroblems figured out. Linda how is your projects going? Marilyn, are you able to get around more. Connie and Sherry we miss you. Whew, think that about covers everybody. Take care and know I think of you often.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9286 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9286 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2017 :  3:15:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole,
I have pretty much given the stairs over to someone who can do it easier and faster than I can. We have a friend at church who is a contractor and I'm hoping we can get him to do them. He is fairly busy so we shall see when he can get us in.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2017 :  06:51:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I bought a new herb & spice book and have already found an herb I haven't grown before - Cretan dittany - member of the oregano family. Have found a supplier on-line that has plants. I have ordered from Mountain Valley Growers before so come next Jan I will put in my order to be shipped in the spring. I love having something new to read up on and plan for the spring. Between now and Jan I will decide what other herb plants to add to the order. If my Mexican Oregano doesn't make it through the winter I will order another one. The one I have now came from MVG.

For you who are following my cozy mystery I hope to have chapter 7 out in a couple of days.

FarmGirl Sister#6034 8/25/14
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
871 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2017 :  12:51:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi my sisters, I need you to keep me and hubby in your thoughts and prayers. He is going thru medical problems and we are sure why. He is very forgetful and his speech is a very difficult to understand at times. He is having several test and MRI,s. I sit with a lady only 3 times a week. The other I am getting him to appointments and the VA Hospital is 2 hours away. But today is a pretty good day. I am so concerned .
I am going to go back and read the post so I know what is going on with all of you. I did join the swap on here. Because it will lift my spirits.
Just want you to know how much you all mean to me.
And Happy Fall I just love this time of year. Hot cocoa is calling my name! lol

Hugs Hugs Hugs Marlee

Hugs: Heavens Ultimate Good Sign

OCD: Overly Cute Disposition

Farmgirls: Sisters from Different Gardens
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2017 :  1:13:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marlee prayer offered up for healing for your DH and for strength and peace for you as you care for him. Also praying for safe travel back and forth to the VA.

FarmGirl Sister#6034 8/25/14
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3460 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3460 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2017 :  4:38:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marlee, I will add my prayers to you and your hubby as you work through getting some answers to his health problems.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2017 :  6:32:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marleen, you and your husband are in my prayers. I pray that they find out why and are able to treat it soon. God bless you.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6008 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6008 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2017 :  10:38:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marlee, Your in my prayers, I hope they find out what is happening with your husband soon,
Hot Cocoa is a good idea,
Take care and God bless.
hugs and love
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2017 :  09:09:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone! Been busy around here, not that that is anything new! Been trying to get more freezer meals in the freezer, can more broth to make room for a butchered cow we should be getting next week, schooling the kids, crafting for Christmas, and preparing for Jenni. I've backed out of as many obligations as I can for the next couple months... Yesterday was my last day serving in nursery for awhile, as it has hit the point where the kids are just too "energized" to be safe. We are also trying to get a chicken coop built, so the chickens will have something warmer than their chicken tractors. We are already getting snow, so we are trying to boogie on that. We did get our garlic planted, so a least that is done until Spring/Summer ;) I organized my cold storage room a little the other day... we have over 100 quarts of chicken broth in there, all from this year, and I have another batch going right now. Don't think we will run out of that any time soon, lol. Thankfully I'm out of bones after today until I break apart more whole chickens... We also have venison, beef, and ham broth in there. Ironically, I think broth makes up the mass majority of my canning right now, but thankfully cold weather means more soups :) My tomatoes that I wrapped up in paper in boxes are doing wonderful!!! I'm pulling out about three dozen tomatoes every week right now, though I suspect that will soon be slowing down. We are eating quite a few and the rest are going in the freezer to make a big batch of spaghetti sauce. God has really blessed us this year! Speaking of this year - we have now been in this house for a year, this past weekend. It has been a good year... a hard one, but a really good one!

Carole - so glad you were able to stop in! Are things moving along more smoothly for you? I too received your card - many thanks!

Darlene - I understand that computers are part of the world today, but I have a love hate relationship with mine!!! Mine too is giving me issues!!! Hopefully yours is doing better now!

Katie - you are always so busy!!! Are you healing nicely now? Continuing to pray for you <3

Julie - so many acres!!!! You may have said this before, but is it family land? As in one of your or your hubby's ancestors farmed it? I love love love old farms!!! Dear friends of ours have a huge farm in MD... He passed away from cancer a few months ago (he was in his 90s!!!) and she is still living there. Sadly it doesn't look like any of the children want to farm the land :'( It will be so hard to see someone else owning the land! It was always theirs!!! As a child I use to go over there around this time of the year and bake and decorate doughnuts with them. Oh how I love that old farm house!!!

Denise - how neat that you know someone in your church who can help you with the stairs!!! God blesses us each with our own talents and I love when we get to use them to help each other <3

Sara - I have never heard of that herb! How exciting!!! I am hoping to increase the herbs I grow this year, but only time will tell :)

Marlee - Definitely keeping you and your hubby in my prayers!!! Please let us know any updates as you can <3

Marilyn - I've been trying to back read a little as I have time, and it looks like you fell and got seriously injured!!! Are you doing better? You've been on my heart a lot lately, but I didn't realize why!!! Praying for you dear friend <3

Linda - I don't know if you will be checking the internet much, but hoping you are having great fun on your cruise!!!

Winnie - Happy (all be it late) Anniversary!!! That is just lovely!!!

Alright I need to go scrub my dining room. Much love to you all <3

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6008 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6008 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2017 :  09:15:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon you are a treasure, your so busy with so many things to do and family to work with and you just keep on going. God Bless you.
I really love all my farm sisters on here. Thanks so much for being there for everyone.
Love you all,
Take care
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3460 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3460 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2017 :  10:10:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon, so good to hear from you and glad that life has been going well for you. Hopefully with all this pre-Jenni work, you are taking some time to get your feet up and rest too!

Love to your Darlene and everyone else here in our HenHouse!! We have a wonderful supportive group of women. I am grateful everyday for having MJF in my life!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9286 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9286 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2017 :  06:48:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So good to hear from you Shannon! Hope you get some time to rest up a bit!

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2017 :  07:23:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon, I don't know how you get everything done. You remind me of my aunt Tillie. She had 12 kids! She was so creative and talented. She took bias tape and ric rac along with printed fabrics and decorated her home as well as her cute little girls dresses. Most of her floral fabrics were from ladies dresses, the big full skirts. She played piano by ear, simply amazing. I remember one summer she was big pregnant (PG/that was the term used in the presence of us kids), she made a luscious chocolate fudge frosting for the chocolate cake she had just baked. (The next day she went to the hospital and had a new baby, spent one night and came home.)I was fascinated that she used cream skimmed from the milk that week and cooked it in an iron skillet! A few years later I was thirteen when she taught me the secret to great potato salad.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2017 :  07:40:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ladies you have all been so busy. You inspire me!
Marlee, I'm sorry for your husband's difficulties. Prayers for him as well as you. Prayers for safe travels to his doctors also!
My leg was doing better..or so I thought. The doctor did not say surgery, but sent me off to physical therapy. 12 trips to the pool. Yesterday was day #1! I never dreamed that an hour in a warm pool doing prescribed exercises could cause so much pain...much less leave me feeling like a limp dish rag. I stopped for barbeque on the way home so I would not have to cook. I think we will be eating crock pot suppers and or left overs for a few weeks on Mondays and Wednesdays until this gets easier. I don't usually wear the brace, unless I am going outside. Getting into and out of the car has been difficult, but yesterday was easier. The therapist said he is not sure that I won't still need surgery to sew the quad muscle back together. I am still using essential oils. I can walk, not perfectly, not without some pain...but I can walk. God is good.
Oh yes I still have no dentures! They got a new mold and I had a fitting last Friday. We shall see.

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Nov 02 2017 07:43:42 AM
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2017 :  09:27:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Thanksgiving to the Best Farm Girls in the World! I'm proud to be a part of this Sisterhood!!

Connie
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Rockin' on the porch with quilt & friends - Oct 17 Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page