goodmedicine
Farmgirl at Heart

5 Posts

Kim
Millstadt IL
USA
5 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2018 :  09:57:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I first learned about Mary Jane over 6 years ago by seeing the magazine. I immediately felt a connection and requested her first book from the library. I LOVED Mary Jane from day 1- she is smart, witty, gritty and all about the outdoors, positive changes, girlfriends, community and empowering other women- things sadly missing in many women's busy lives in 2018 (including my own)

I started my own Farmgirl Sisterhood chapter (Goodmedicine Girls- named that because being with your ladies is good medicine for the soul) with the help of EMILY ROSE and others about 5 years ago, and this year we have doubled down on our commitment to keep it going strong and plan monthly meetings/events we can all look forward to.

My kids (Zane, 10, and Kaya, 7)are the central focus of my life right now, and they wanted in on the fun, so Young Cultivators is the perfect solution. I feel ALL of the activities we have done with them have benefitted them in some way- as well as just seeing their mothers commit to and do something positive for themselves is a great example to set.

I plan on having MaryJane's Farmgirl Sisterhood in my life FOREVER.

Our members are THE BEST, and I know I am lucky to know each and every one of you! I am SO GLAD to know we are here for each other for love and support as we try to make and stick with positive changes in our lives and keep feeding our souls "goodmedicine" for years to come!

"Farmgirl is a condition of the heart" means to me that
you can be a farmgirl no matter where you live or how much you like the outdoors or cooking or sewing. There is something here that every woman can benefit from.

make way for the positive day

emilyrosebud
Farmgirl in Training

47 Posts

47 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2018 :  06:14:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
THIS is why Kim is our Fearless Leader! It's my opinion that reading this particular Member Bio should be a prerequisite for future Farmgirls. :) Although, just one of the many great things about the Sisterhood is that there are no prerequisites. Just, come as you are!

Kim,
Thank You for introducing me to Farmgirl, and thank you for being my Sister. I think there's a time in life where everyone is "searching." Through marriage, motherhood, friendship, all the stages & phases and through FARMGIRL, I found myself. I am learning to love myself for exactly the person that I am right now, and I owe so much of that to the support, encouragement and inspiration I get from the Farmgirl Sisterhood. I am now Growing Where I'm Planted. :)

Thank You for sharing your knowledge and experience with me and with our Young Cultivators. The way you guide them and continually find ways to challenge and engage them is a gift. Sometimes it really does "take a village!"

I'm brought to tears by the gratitude I have for you. Thank you for being in my life and Thank You Mary Jane for giving us this space and the ideas and inspiration to GROW and SHARE!

Farmgirl Hugs,
EmilyRoseBud
Sister #5070

"Make way for the Positive Day! -Bob Marley"
Go to Top of Page
  Member Bios:  Kim Reineke Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page