Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 February 2020 ~ fill it with fun!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic February 2020 ~ fill it with fun! Next Topic
Page: of 5

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2020 :  07:59:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, congratulations on your new fridge. I hope it turns out to be a great one.
My daughter in law hates her new fridge. It is almost three years old...cost $3,000.00 and spends a lot of time being repaired. It is a KitchenAid, which used to be the best brand going.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1171 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2020 :  10:06:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have had sunny weather in the 60s for a couple weeks now. Still wondering when winter will arrive. Still no rain, but lots of daffodils and my amaryllis finally bloomed.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade

Edited by - StitchinWitch on Feb 20 2020 10:07:36 AM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2020 :  1:27:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Judith that is beautiful.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2020 :  2:13:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Judith, I would love to share some of this blessing rain with you.
I called the water that collects at the north end of this lot 'Arena Lake'. It has never been out of the lot...until now. It rained yesterday and all night long. I'm guessing between 4 and five inches...judging from all of my wagons and tubs, buckets plus the rain gauge...and arena lake.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2020 :  8:05:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad you had the needed rain. That amyralis is beautiful.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6000 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6000 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2020 :  10:53:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That Amaryllis is really pretty. They have so many colors.
Well take care

Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2020 :  04:51:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Judith, how do you care for your amyrilis on a daily basis? Or weekly?

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1171 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2020 :  11:56:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wish they would build pipelines across the country for water like they do for oil -- we would gladly take some of the surplus. I'm letting the amaryllis die down but not letting the soil in the pot go completely dry. I'll probably transplant it to another pot with real potting soil instead of the strange stuff that is in the pot it came with. Maybe with a little luck it will bloom again next year.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9219 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9219 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2020 :  12:44:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They delivered the fridge today. They were very good and careful with it. Sometimes you never know anymore. I always try to be kind as you never know what kind of day they have had. It seems like it was Grand Central here though. The kids came over and Fed Ex showed up all while they were here trying to get the fridge in it's spot. LOL.
Now I need to get things transferred and clean out the old one. Will try to get that out of here this weekend. But JT has a lot going on this weekend so we will wait and see.
Can't believe we are getting close to the end of the month. I am looking forward to Spring though!

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2020 :  2:44:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope you enjoy your new fridge. Is'nt that the way it always happens when something exciting is happening.
The more the merrier!

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9219 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9219 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2020 :  5:34:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had my daughter's family staying since Tuesday as the heater at the house finally gave up the ghost. So JT ordered a new one. It came in yesterday so the guys put it in today and they are back home again. I enjoyed them being here and the grands did as well but I know how it is when you would rather sleep in your bed and be at your own house. Even though they only live about 6 minutes from us it was still fun to have them here.

I got everything transferred from the old fridge to the new one. I think I am going to like it much better. It is a different style but for just the two of us it works well. The day was taken up by the furnace install so the old fridge is still in here. But we will take it out as soon as we can.

I had a nice birthday visit from my son. He came bearing flowers. Roses and they are beautiful! He was able to stay for the afternoon but he lives two hours away so he couldn't stay a long time. I take what I can get with my kids as they are all busy. It was so nice to have him here for a bit.

Hope everyone is planning for a great week ahead!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2020 :  7:25:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beautiful roses Denise. I think he enjoyed your smile when you first saw them. Enjoy!

Once I sent roses to my mother for her birthday. Red ones. She said they were the first roses she had ever received. Since I lived about an hour away I usually took her a gift, and visited. But that year I knew I could not go. I have always been a bit sad about it because she was 76 years old. She waited a very long time to receive red roses.

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Feb 23 2020 11:30:35 AM
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1191 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1191 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2020 :  07:28:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beautiful flowers Denise. Any time spent with family is special, but extra special on our birthdays.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9219 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9219 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2020 :  1:44:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Julie, You are so right. I take every opportunity I can to spend time with my children and grandchildren. I would have been happy to see him whether he had flowers or not. He doesn't get home much so I am always grateful when he can make the time to see us.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2020 :  1:51:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Isn't it funny...how we teach our kids and grandkids to be good people. We try to teach them about God, how to be self sufficient, how to be a friend, and everything else...as long as they are at home. Then suddenly they are on their on.
We see them differently. No longer are they slobby teenagers or messy children. They are adults...grown ups...making their way in the world. Our bossy mamma bear instinct changes to admiration of them.

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Feb 23 2020 1:54:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6000 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6000 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2020 :  3:49:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is so true Marilyn,
I am very proud of my children no. Matter how much I see them.
The roses are so pretty Denise, how nice a gift from your son Denise,
Well have a good day, God bless you alol.

Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2020 :  4:02:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is true, Darlene. My heart swells with joy when I think that the child I fell head over heels, in love with, a month before her birth, when I saw her profile on the sonogram picture...is all grown up...with a good paying job that she enjoys, a husband who adores her and a cute little " home" of their own. Do they want a family? Yes of course, but they know there are two years ahead of them, that they need to complete before adding to their family. Those are the two years she is under cotract to her hospital. She will begin work on her bachelors degree very soon. She has already paid the fees.May God continue to love and bless them.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6000 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6000 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2020 :  5:08:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is awesome Marilyn! Good to hear.

Love it!

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9219 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9219 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2020 :  06:52:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes Marilyn, we do see our children differently. I am so happy that I can count my children as my friends. I have raised all of my children in the faith and now they make that faith their own.

I can't believe I have daffodils up in February. No blooms yet and I hope they don't rush as we had a heavy frost last night.

So glad warm weather is coming as I finally feel like getting up and getting things done.

Hope you all make this a fantastic day!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3457 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3457 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2020 :  07:23:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, glad to hear that you had some unexpected time with your children and grands this past week! And I hope your birthday was extra special with them there. The roses from your son sure are beautiful!!

Our warm weather is leaving tomorrow and then we are in for a cold pattern through the rest of this week and all of next week. Hopefully, there won't be frost on all our blooming things here. The Red Bud trees are all out this weekend and they are just beautiful! One of the city parks near my home has a cluster of them planted along the fence beside the street and they are so pretty to drive by right now. The flip flop of temperatures is annoying at times but I keep reminding myself to enjoy this period because a long hot summer is not far off again.

It seems like lately, I have been fixing little things here and there that have been waiting for my attention; sewing on a button, repairing a few porch pillows, fixing that squeaky bathroom door etc. etc. For some reason, I have been motivated to do these little things, so I make a list and then cross them off. It feels like a big WIN!! LOL!! I have also been finishing a couple of books that were started and I am so glad I did. Sometimes, I find is helpful to remind myself that doing the little things that need getting done are not only useful, but rewarding. It is weird how this happens, but it works for me. My Mom always taught me that if I take care of my things properly, they will stay nice and useful for a long time. That goes for clothing, as well as stuff around the house. If something isn't broken and it is not preventing you from everyday living, it is easy to just put it in the "I will get to that tomorrow pile" which then ends up months later. In a way, it is sort of like clean up as you go in the kitchen so you won't have this overwhelming mess at the end. Growing up, our kitchen was very tiny and my Mom did just that while cooking for a big family. When she taught me first how to cook, she told me to make that a habit from the start. My kitchen isn't that big either and my counter space is really limited. Lately, I am making sure I do the cleaning as I go every time I am in the kitchen which is often as we don't eat out very much. Gosh, it is such a simple concept and it has made my life so much easier!! The little things.......I am focusing on implementing all those little skills that really do make my life easier and more efficient. How about you? Do you have any little guidelines in your daily routines that keep your home better organized and the work more efficient?

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2020 :  08:04:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise my daffodils patch has seen temps as low as 25 degrees and they ate still going strong.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2020 :  08:43:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We use my daffodils ha e been blooming for about a month, even though we have had frosts at 32° but we have been as low as 25°, 27° several times and they are still pretty!

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2020 :  08:44:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, my daffodils have been blooming for about a month, even though we have had frosts at 32° but we have been as low as 25°, 27° several times and they are still pretty!

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2020 :  3:15:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Judith that Amaryllis is gorgeous!
Marilyn, We don't need any more rain!! either!!! Everything is turning green and blooming!
Denise, Yay!! for new Refrigerator! love the roses! Glad they got their Heat back on! I don't know all your kids, I know you did a good job raising them and teaching them about the Lord! Jessie is Beautiful inside and out and she knows Gods word! Her kids are adorable! I'm blessed to see them on Face book!
The cold hasn't hurt my Daffodils at all, It went down to 21 several times the last 2 weeks and back down again to 28 this week!

Connie
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2642 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2642 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2020 :  3:59:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, such pretty roses! Hope you are having a good birthday!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Project Discussions: Previous Topic February 2020 ~ fill it with fun! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page