True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2020 :  3:17:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
February!?!? Already!?!?

This month is all about hearts and love... My focus is on my family and where their hearts are... I truly believe that what is in one's heart is what comes out... and some of my children are dealing with not so loving heart attitudes. So we are focusing on that :). Personally, I'm also dealing with my own heart... as a broken heart. This was the month we had planned to have Cassie... so this month hurts quite a bit. I'm going to try to keep busy to keep my head occupied!

Weather-wise, we got hit with another winter storm. Brad actually stayed home,e from work, due to the roads out our way. I have bowls collecting the snow so we can make a batch of snow cream for dessert. Yum!

Health-wise, I started Trim Healthy Mama last week. I'm going into it slowly, as I don't want to overwhelm myself from the get go. I'm just hoping to see the scale move down in numbers! We will see how it works! So far I focused on breakfasts last week and then today I added in lunch.

Crafting-wise, I haven't done much recently! I've been focusing on trying to get the kids started on their 4H projects, so we aren't scrambling last minute again! Quilting classes start tomorrow, so hopefully that will go smoothly this year!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2641 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2641 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2020 :  4:09:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know, I can't believe that it's February already, either!
I wasn't necessarily sad to have January over. For me, it's always filled with getting my books ready for the accountant and filing all of those state and federal forms, doing W2's, 1099s...all of that tedious stuff. It's in the middle of winter and I am wanting to do something else besides that!
We have had little snow to speak of. It's actually been in the 50s and it does not feel like winter. I am hoping and praying for at least one good snowstorm before spring. It did this last year. We had about given up hope and then we got over 40" in just a few days. So many people I know are complaining and I LOVE winter! So, I'm kind of feeling cheated in a way.
We are going to spend a couple of weeks in Montana for some peace and quiet. I asked Brad what we are going to do with our time and he said, "Nothing!" haha I'm thinking about some projects that I can get ready to take to work on.
Shannon, are you taking the quilting classes or your kids?

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2020 :  4:58:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
February means winter in Texas,or at least that has been the pattern as of late. We were in the 60s today, should be 50s tomorrow before the bottom drops out.They keep changing our forecast but our 40% chance of wet stuff has gone up to 70% chance. The wet will most likely come as rain/freezing rain/sleet and snow, oh and wind with big gusts. This all begins tomorrow .
Thursday the sun may thaw our popsicle bones. That is the best thing about Texas...the winter spells come thru and usually it is back in the 40s or 50s in a day or so.
So Debbie, I hope you get your snow. Will you be sad if it comes while you are in Montana?

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2020 :  5:29:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Debbie - we were in the 50s over the weekend, and then the snow started last night. We have around 5-6 inches I'm guessing. Our winter has been quite dry so far as well. I'm really hoping for more moisture! As for the quilting class, it is actually the kids that are taking it. Four of them are making quilts for 4H again this year... well three of them are doing it again... one of the ones that did it last year decided he din't like doing it, but then my other son who this is his first year in 4H is doing it this year. Golly I hope that made sense!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2641 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2641 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2020 :  5:37:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you, Marilyn! I hope so too. People probably think I'm crazy for wanting it! I would be disappointed to miss it but there's a good chance we could see some in Montana. I just found out that I might be getting to go to San Antonio in April...I'm really excited! What would you recommend seeing there....besides the Alamo, of course?
Shannon, the quilt explanation made PERFECT sense!!!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2020 :  8:17:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Take the boat ride down the river. Well it is actually the River Walk...with sidewalks and lots of shops and restaurants on either side of the river. It is very festive. The Alamo is very near the River Walk.
Of course you have Sea World and another place... Perhaps Lone Star over Texas. I don't remember? The air force base and burn center are there.
How long will you be there?

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2641 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2641 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2020 :  07:22:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think we will be gone about 4 or 5 days. We took a road trip through that area about 3 years ago, driving west from Louisiana and south of Austin, over to Fredericksburg. We ended up going there on that trip instead of San Antonio. I'm very excited to finally get there and see it!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2020 :  09:01:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope the weather will be nice then. If it should become rainy...pay attention...parts of San Antonio are notorious for flooding. Of course the water usually goes down quickly too.
You will enjoy it.
We went there as teachers of young kids for a week each summer to hear Bill Martin, children's book author, speak.
Once when we were in Kerville for an ESP retreat sponsored by our local college, the younger teachers got the wild idea to make an after dinner run to the River Walk. Since we had gone to dinner, all in one car, reluctantly we three more mature ladies were swept along. Oh my goodness...night life on the River Walk is a bit different than day time. I don't drink neither did the other two more mature ladies...but our younger ones did. Thankfully, we made it back to Kerville, safely, rather late.
When Bay was four, she and I went with my sister and her two grands. We left one year old Had home, with mom and dad. Something she is still not happy about. But I always say... " You and I would have been miserable. "
Anyway we had a great time...although my sister told us we would be thrown out of the hotel if we did not tone down our laughter! We had gone to See World that day...one of the kids saw a stuffed whale that another child had lost...It smelled very fishy! So after supper, our swim/ hot tub experience on the open roof of the hotel( it was cold in July) after our showers, we tried to settle down for sleep.
BUT, NO WAY! Cory tossed that Stinky Fish at his sister who tossed it to Baylee, she tossed it to me and I threw it at my protesting sister! Of course she quickly threw it. So we were all laughing. It went on for almost ten minutes until my sensible sister said that was it!
I will never forget that Stinky Fish!

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9208 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9208 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2020 :  10:45:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm happy to see February. There is so much stuff to do in the office in January as Debbie said getting out all the forms and stuff for the accountant and making sure everything is in order. I am hoping the groundhogs was right and that Spring weather is coming early. Though I could live without all the rain and mud that gets tracked into the house.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic February 2020 Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: