Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 April 2020~ Welcoming Spring
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic April 2020~ Welcoming Spring Next Topic
Page: of 4

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2642 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2642 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2020 :  11:16:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie, that hat is adorable!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6000 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6000 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2020 :  12:50:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That hat is adorable Winnie.

Thank you Linda

Hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9221 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9221 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2020 :  3:24:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That sure is a cute hat!

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2020 :  4:21:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh love that hat!
Connie
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3457 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3457 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2020 :  4:31:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank-you everyone and remember it is on giveaway at the main forum. It would also work for a teen who has grown about as big as her Mama in the head. Everyone is welcome to enter if they wish to take a chance either for themselves or maybe a Granddaughter or Niece.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2020 :  9:14:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Spring takes its own sweet time coming up North. We have 68 one day and 20 with snow the next. But, right next to the house, the neighbors cat likes to soak up the sun. We have a few spring flowers too.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1172 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1172 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2020 :  10:15:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That looks like a happy cat. He strongly resembles our Rufus. Spring weather is so unpredictable; maybe that is part of its charm.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2020 :  11:53:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He looks like the two Tom cat brothers who live by our back door. I love yellow kitties.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9221 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9221 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2020 :  06:46:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They sure do like to sun themselves. That's what my dog does when he goes out. Lays on the door mat in the sun to soak up the warmth for awhile. Your flowers are pretty!
I noticed I had some grape hyacinths up a couple days ago. Today they are up high enough I can see them from the kitchen window.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9221 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9221 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2020 :  1:33:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, I was just wondering, how far is your new place from the old one. I see you are in a different town now.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9221 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9221 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2020 :  09:04:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are definitely having April showers even though most of our spring flowers are done now. Still have the lilacs and roses to look forward to. My bleeding heart is in full bloom. I think that bush gets bigger every year. I'd try to get a picture but it is rainy and windy today and into tomorrow. Thought we were going to lose power as it was flickering this morning. I hope everyone is safe as I know these storms are all over the place.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3457 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3457 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2020 :  1:05:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sweet kitty and lovely bulb spring flowers too! We are having the tail end of those awful storms that have ravaged Mississippi, Alabama, South Carolina, parts of Georgia and possibly the Florida/Gerogia state line. We have had a humid day with a brief shower and lots of wind. Thankfully, I think we were spared the tornadoes and hail that have popped up in other places.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9221 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9221 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2020 :  1:36:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are under a tornado watch till 6 but the rain has quit and the sun is out.
The storm seemed to move quickly. I'm listening to the birds singing and saw robins out hopping all around.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2020 :  2:32:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I'm sorry y'all must deal with stormy weather today.
Texas is a huge state...we had a nice shower very early yesterday followed by a beautiful day.
Late evening the north wind blew in dropping us to 34 this am.
Mr. Sun has been shining brightly with a cool north wind all day long.
The kids who are now young adults had fun chasing each other with Confetti Eggs after our Prayer and Easter dinner yesterday. Lots of squeals and laughter. Fun day.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9221 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9221 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2020 :  07:44:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know but I think we need to move somewhere drier because my sinuses just wreak havoc when we have rain so much. The sun is out now and it is reaching 50 today but rain again tonight. I sound like a Downer but this is just getting tedious. I know April showers bring flowers but I think all my flowers will be done by May. Too wet to even do anything with the garden. Makes me look forward to summertime.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2020 :  08:45:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have not been able to have a good big garden in about 5 years. The ground was too wet. My husband has planted onions and potatoes so far. He says the potatoes are probably rotted due to rain. Hopefully he will be able to plant green beans, etc.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3457 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3457 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2020 :  4:17:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since the beginning of the storm front moving through, we got about 4.5-5.0 inches rain! It was so wonderful to have some long soaks but not so wonderful to have some wicked tornadoes and terrifying lightening with some of the storms1 Then, last night after the rain stopped, it cooled way down into the 50s and today was clear, breezy and cool. What a transformation! But tomorrow it warms back up and more rain storms are forecast for the weekend.

Today, I put away all the Easter decorations and cleaned up. I am also having fun knitting wash cloths with patterns on them in bright Spring colors. Several years ago when I purchased the pattern book, I made all of them and gifted them. Since then, I had sort of forgotten all about it and then located it and started knitting them up again. It has been fun because they are easy and with so much time inside, I needed a project to occupy time when I am not interested in reading.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
871 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2020 :  2:25:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone, Yay! the computer is on the mend. It has been trying time around here. With this C-Virus. I don't do anything much different that before. Well when this is over I am having surgery on my right knee. I have starting physical therapy next week because my legs or knees are so weak. I have fell twice in the last two weeks. The first time I was sitting on a stool cooking and guess what it broke. Ouch. Then day before yesterday come back from getting the mail walked up to the door and tripped on the mat. And fell I had to crawl in the house to the fireplace so I could pull my self up. My 2 dogs were on the couch and they come to me like 'Mommy what are you doing on the floor." You could see their little wheels turning in their brains.
My sister is doing ok. She is at home now so she is so happy to be out of the hospital.
I have a friend she called me the other day crying she was diagnosed with colon cancer and it has moved into her liver. So please keep her in your prayers. She is 57 yrs old. Her name is Kim.
We have been having some rain and we are suppose to get some this weekend. My brother in law come and mowed the yard. He is so sweet.
I hope you are al doing good , am going back and catch up on everyone. I missed you all so much. My life is so much better with you all in it.
Hubby is doing ok. He goes next week to get his new hearing aids. I think Duke ate one of the old ones. Terry left it where he can get to it so, have to replace it.
I am doing fine except my knees are bad. I am hoping physical therapy will give me some strength.
So that is what is going on so far. But glad to be able to be on here. Love you all bunches.
Hugs Marlee

Hugs: Heavens Ultimate Good Sign

OCD: Overly Cute Disposition

Farmgirls: Sisters from Different Gardens
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2020 :  3:29:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marlee, so glad to hear from you.
After you get your new knees you should be good to go. I remember watching a DVD of people dancing after having their knees replaced...and I thought...I don't care to dance, I just want to walk with no pain. That is what happened. I
I will pray for your friend. That is sad.
When I have fallen outside, Bear looks at me and walks away. But Lacey, my son's cow dog comes to help. Her way of helping is to sit on me...she easily weighs 90#!!!

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Apr 17 2020 3:31:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3457 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3457 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2020 :  11:16:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marlee, I am glad you are finding ways to make do until your knee gets fixed . It is scary to keep falling because your gait is not steady for even everyday actions. it is also a relief that your sister is out of the hospital. I know she feels safer and happier in her home right now. Do you have a cane or other support to use right now in case you lose your balance? That might be helpful and your physical therapist could get an order for you to have one. I am thinking it might be very important to have something at night when you get up to go to the bathroom but you can go over that idea at your PT session after you explain that you have had two falls already. Take care and it is good to have you back online visiting again with everyone.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2020 :  11:20:50 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Good luck with your new knees, Marlee. Glad to see you posting again.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9221 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9221 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2020 :  3:05:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The sun is shining today. I went out to do some yard work. Picked up twigs and some the wind had blown off. It is warm but only if you are in the sun, otherwise it is blowing cold.
We went to my daughter's today. It is her birthday and we wanted to see them. I'm sad for those who have had birthdays during this and can't see family. She was happy with her gift card. I know she enjoys shopping and she can do it online and get some things from her wish list. Everything I tried to get would not be shipped in time to have reached here before today. I am going to do some reading this afternoon and later watch a movie with JT.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6000 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6000 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2020 :  7:51:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marlee it is good to have you back On here. You will fill much better when you get your new knees. I missed you!
If you go on YouTube there are many videos about knee replacement and surgery and physical therapy after surgery, and there are two really good Physical Therapist on there name Bob and Brad, they tell how to exercise before knee surgery and after. They are also on Facebook.
I have been watching them a lot.
I watched a video of one doctor from UCSF talking to a group of Seniors about replacement and I learned a lot from him. There are a lot of good doctors and hospitals from all over the US show videos on this. Helps you when you know a bit about what is being done. For me it was very interesting and informative.

Well take care everyone and stay well.
Love you all!

Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9221 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9221 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2020 :  08:14:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marlee,
Good to see you here. Glad you got your computer on the mend.

I can't believe how quickly we are coming to the end of April. We are getting a soaking rain last night and today. JT is working in the office as he cannot get anything done in the rain.
He said he is going to make a grocery run,so I made out a list for him. I find with just the two of us we don't need much and I have ordered many things online. Hard to get the fresh stuff so that's what he will get today.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2020 :  9:20:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marlee, my prayers are with you and your friend. I've had knee surgery too. Not fun, but definitely better than falling down.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Project Discussions: Previous Topic April 2020~ Welcoming Spring Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page