Page: of 4

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4651 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4651 Posts

Posted - May 04 2020 :  09:57:45 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I have the farmgirl necklace, and I think I have the Jubilee, also. I need to find it - several things have not yet been discovered in the boxes since the move. LOL! One box has all my t-shirts and some other things from my bedroom closet. I can't even remember everything that is in the box. It isn't at the old house, so it HAS to be in the garage - someplace.

I am proud of my DIL. She was/is manager of a movie theater and had to drive 80 miles each way before COVID closed the theater. She got unemployment almost immediately, but a week ago she got a new job at Costco. She is working the evening (1 PM-9 PM) shift, and is shelving there. She now drives 32 miles each way and does not work over 40 hours a week. Before she had a lot more mileage, and loads of stress from her employees. She could have collected a lot more unemployment, like a lot of people will probably do when jobs open up again, but she went and got a job. YAY, Michelle! You go, girl. She said she may work at the theater on her days off at Costco, but otherwise Costco will be her employer.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9299 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9299 Posts

Posted - May 04 2020 :  12:40:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I went to the Post today and there were only 3 of us plus the two ladies who work there. We all had our masks on and I can understand as the two others were older folks. I don't wear gloves when I go out but I hand sanitize when getting in my vehicle and wash masks and my hands well when I get home. Actually, today was the first day I went anywhere that required me to wear the mask. Stopped at my daughter's to drop off eggs on the way home. The kids are doing much better now that their parents have let them come see us. We had them for a few hours while mom and dad were getting some much needed groceries.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 04 2020 :  1:40:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My DIL hates having to wag it home. So two years ago I began giving her toilet tissue and paper towels both. 4 or 6 big packages of Charmin. She would get so excited when I brought out the big black contractor's bags. She knew what was in them. Sadly...she may not get toilet tissue this time. I got one package of paper towels and a double package of napkins Sunday.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 04 2020 :  1:53:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm glad your Dil does not have such a long drive now, Linda.
Bay has sort of settled in to her very long day routine. She has been waved off once because she had too many hours. She finished her last paper and turned it in last night. There have been a lot of papers to write.
Next session begins next week and she needed a couple of days to chill...so nose to the grind stone, but she did it. ( she did not get to enjoy the pool with her family.)I think she has two more 8 week sessions.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4651 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4651 Posts

Posted - May 04 2020 :  4:09:05 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
What is Bay studying now? Is it more extensive nursing courses?

Yes, she is happy about the shorter drive. And Costco has great benefits.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 05 2020 :  04:48:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When she graduated she got her RN. But she did not get a bachelor's degree. So in order to be a real RN they have to take more classes. The hospital told her they will pay half of the cost of the on line classes to finish up. She must take 3 sessions, eight weeks each. She is set to finish in late August. She already had an associate's degree in Science. She also has that CNA certification.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9299 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9299 Posts

Posted - May 05 2020 :  10:33:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh girls, how terrible am I? I didn't realize until today that our anniversary is this week. A few days away as a matter of fact. I know Mother's day is coming but since my mom is gone it really is no big deal for me.
We have our anniversary fall on Mother's day some years. It was the day after the year we married.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1180 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1180 Posts

Posted - May 05 2020 :  12:58:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy anniversary Denise and Mr Denise!

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 05 2020 :  3:02:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I hope you have time to prepare a great meal for your hubby Denise.
After all as the old saying goes: The way to a man's heart...is a good meal!

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on May 05 2020 3:03:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9299 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9299 Posts

Posted - May 05 2020 :  4:49:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Judith!

JT and I were talking when he got home tonight about what we will do. I think maybe a picnic would be nice. If the weather holds out and gives us sunshine. We usually go out to eat but this will be something different. When he was in the military we didn't spend every anniversary together so I mentioned that no matter at least we will be together. He never missed a Christmas which was nice as our children were young when he was still in the Navy.
The important thing is that we have had all these years together and our children and now grandchildren. That is what is important.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9299 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9299 Posts

Posted - May 06 2020 :  06:09:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Julie and Debbie,
I was reading about your branding times and it made me think of when we used to do butchering time and my aunts would all come to help. We always had great fun and the kids helped too.
There was a meal and most of them brought something to contribute. It was always such a good time. I am fortunate to have grown up living so near my dad's family. Most of those on our road were relatives. My aunt's were always so great for whatever they took home to help feed their families. Back then they were large families. My mom and dad probably had the smallest with a family of 6.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2653 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2653 Posts

Posted - May 07 2020 :  08:47:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Those are the kind of times that we look forward to when we are younger and are such happy memories now, especially when some of those people are no longer with us. I have 4 aunts, my dad's sisters, that are still living and we are still blessed to get together every year. We all look forward to it..they are so much fun! I especially love when they all start telling stories!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4651 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4651 Posts

Posted - May 07 2020 :  10:10:53 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Happy anniversary, Denise. He will love however you celebrate. Picnics are nice, especially since you can get outdoors and enjoy the outside freedom.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9299 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9299 Posts

Posted - May 07 2020 :  11:06:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Linda!

Just saw this today.
~ May 7, 2020

The NATIONAL DAY OF PRAYER is an annual observance held on the first Thursday of May, inviting people of all faiths to pray for the nation. It was created in 1952 by a joint resolution of the United States Congress, and signed into law by President Harry S. Truman.

https://www.nationaldayofprayer.org/

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 08 2020 :  04:13:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I watched President Trump and Melanie at the National Day of Prayer gathering on the lawn at their home...the White House.

Debbie it was during that story time, with my grandpa's sisters talking and my grandma too, that I learned so much. My grandma was the eldest with a whole slew of little brothers. Nine or ten. Enjoy your aunts and remember their stories. Why don't you give each of your aunts a spiral notebook, ask them to write their life story down for you. I learned so much about my mother from the spiral she wrote her life story in.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4651 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4651 Posts

Posted - May 08 2020 :  05:59:14 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The last few days were very sad for me. Monday I learned that a radio that I had once been the executive assistant to many years ago had died after battling COVID for a month. He would have been 81 in a couple days. Then yesterday morning a friend I met shortly after moving into my farmhouse passed away. She was 84 and passed away from congestive heart failure and symptoms relating to a stroke she had 9 months ago. She was a quilter and loved patriotic things of all types. She had a large embroidery machine and loved making her family personalized things using the machine. I hadn't been in touch with Rabbi Roseman, he has moved to
Corpus Christi many years ago.

Gail and I enjoyed our trips to JoAnns and to lunch. She was very active up until her stroke, and I missed being able to go and see her during the pandemic when we were all new t supposed to get together.

Prayers for both of their families.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 08 2020 :  06:29:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, I'm sorry for your sadness. It is hard to live right now when we are supposed to be in lockdown mode. Calling on the phone is ok...but it is not a face to face meeting. Prayers sent for your two friends as well as their families.

We haven't really been as affected as most folks. In the beginning I was concerned that some one might bring the virus home to me. Not as much now. My son and his family have been in daily contact with other people. So has my husband. We were together at Easter and will be again this Sunday for Mothers Day as well as Monday evening to celebrate Triston's birthday. He will be old...26!

I think it is sad that some folks, who think their title means they can rule over others, have people arrested and thrown in jail.!! If I was in charge...that judge who had the hair dresser jailed, in Dallas, would be stripped of his cash and his assets sold. They would go to the victims and he would be in a jail cell. An eye for an eye! In fact if we return to living God's way...perhaps the thugs and robbers would use their brains in a better way.

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on May 08 2020 06:38:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4651 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4651 Posts

Posted - May 08 2020 :  07:38:00 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Marilyn. In addition, the husband of another quilting friend passed away last week, again natural causes and not COVID. It is so hard that families can't have funerals as they usually would.

It is good that you have gotten together with your family. My son and one grandson came to the farmhouse Sunday to help load some wood in the trailer. Other than that we haven't gotten together.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919

Edited by - quiltee on May 08 2020 07:39:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 08 2020 :  07:42:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know. Perhaps we should think of funerals like they do up north. In the winter when the ground is frozen, they put their loved ones in cold storage unti! the ground thaws enough to bury the very cold body.
Besides it your family member is elderly when they die, no one wants to risk falling in the ice or snow...perhaps breaking a bone.

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on May 08 2020 07:44:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - May 08 2020 :  07:53:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

Taking a bit of time to catch up. Things are quiet around here. We have been on reduced hours at work for quite some time. I'm using that free time to do some studying online and catching up on my reading. I'm all for learning/education!

Aside from that I have been knitting ... mindless patterns ... I'm really not in the mood to tackle any complicated projects. I'll post a picture in the project section.

My friends and I do meet up ... usually in my backyard when the weather is nice. We call it SDGT - Social Distancing Get Together! lol We sit a good distance apart! I have not seen my family since this all started and I do miss them. However, I am truly blessed to have such wonderful friends in my life. We have also gotten into the routine of doing a weekly Drive Thru dinners. The Drive Thru dinners replace our weekly get together in my home. Basically, one drives to the house and drops off the dinner! lol I am so looking forward when this will all be over and we can get together in my home for our weekly meals. It truly is the small things in life that are so important.

Winnie, when I saw your farmgirl neckless I immediately thought about my neckless and thought I'd share it with you all. I do not have any other charms. Not sure how one would go about obtaining these charms.

That's it for me. Stay safe everyone.

Hugs,

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2653 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2653 Posts

Posted - May 08 2020 :  6:29:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, this has been a rough week for you! I'm sorry!
Carole, you girls are very inventive! I love your ideas of "socializing". I was able to get a Jubilee charm from MJ's website. I would like to get the Queen Bee charm, also, but have never seen it.

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9299 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9299 Posts

Posted - May 08 2020 :  7:23:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda,
I am so sorry for your losses. Especially hard when we don't get the opportunity to say goodbye.

Carole,
A wonderful way to still get together! Love the dinner idea.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3460 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3460 Posts

Posted - May 09 2020 :  11:21:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am catching up here today and lots has been talked about. Denise, I hope you and JT had a wonderful anniversary too. There is always a happy note when either a birthday or anniversary is on the calendar even if the celebration is modest or simply remembering special memories.

Linda, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of several dear and older friends in your life. I agree with you that losing these friends is really hard, no matter what the cause. I am glad you have so many beautiful memories of each of them.

Carole, it is so good to hear from you and know all is well in your life! We too have done a couple of social distancing, mask wearing backyard get togethers with a few friends just to talk and visit. We all bring our camping chairs and set up in either a driveway or yard for about an hour . It is an easy way to be safe with other friends who are doing the same careful practices to stay well. All of us fit in that category of "older" and we are taking it very seriously. Mostly we do a lot of Zoom gatherings or FaceTime to stay connected.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 09 2020 :  11:48:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our lane is private and it is a dead end! There are three homes with ours first, about a quarter of a mile in. Next is our sons home then I/2 mile further live our neighbors. We visit with all of them, and have since the beginning. Our oldest grand daughter goes to the hospital for her shifts, shops at Wal-Mart and comes out to her parents home. The other day she came in our back door and We hugged! Natural thing to do! No masks! She will be out here Monday as will be her hubby because we are celebrating his birthday!
When this first began we asked how she felt about working at the hospital, in fact my son asked her to quit. She said, 'this is my dream...to be a nurse. I will not quit! God is the one who determines how long we live. If and when He decides to take me home, I'm ready to go. Yes I hope I get to live a long life...but if God chooses differently, that is ok.'
So that is how we are living! I suppose I am the only one who stays home most of the time. But I was doing that anyway. I went up to visit my neighbors and take some eggs yesterday! I am not afraid.
I quit listening to the Fake news three years ago!

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on May 09 2020 11:50:54 AM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9299 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9299 Posts

Posted - May 14 2020 :  12:59:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I managed to get out yesterday and get some yard work done. Our grandson came over and we worked for 3 hours out there. It looks much better. I remembered to wear my hat, however, I forgot my sunscreen and got a little bit of a sunburn on my arms. I will have to start doing that now when I go out. It is much better today. Not near as red as it was. Put lotion on last night and this morning. Feels lots better.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Project Discussions: Previous Topic May~2020 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly