Page: of 5

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4653 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4653 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2020 :  3:52:14 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Darlene - Debbie and I are both working on the mystery quilt. It is fun and something to look forward to on Friday - another clue. I can't wait to see how these pieces are going together because so far we have 2 different sized pieced squares and a pieced triangular piece. It is fun. There is usually around 6 clues before we start to put them together.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6011 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6011 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2020 :  4:33:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Microsoft has been upgrading lately and that really messed my computer.

Hugs
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1196 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1196 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2020 :  5:16:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like everyone is busy with Christmas activities. I mailed the rest of my packages and cards Monday. Finished wrapping everything yesterday and today I cleaned up all the messes. Now I can spend a few days baking a few family favorites, putting together goodie trays to leave at the neighbors door and watching a few Christmas Movies.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2656 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2656 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2020 :  09:00:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been slowly getting things done. The house is decorated and the tree is finished. Most of the packages are wrapped, just a few left. I mailed a couple this week and was just getting ready to mail 2 more and now it looks like I will be meeting up with family that lives on the other side of the mountain this weekend so I can send the packages with them. Hooray!
I have done no Christmas baking! I made chocolate chip cookies yesterday since that is what the littles were wanting and gave away almost all of them. I remember when I used to start baking on Dec. 1 and made something about everyday. But you know, I'm not feeling bad about it like I thought I would! If it's here, I just eat it. I will make a couple of things next week so we can enjoy them from Christmas on.
I've been working on the same mystery quilt as Linda. I am really having fun with this one! It uses colors that I don't normally use and I am really liking it! Hopefully I can get more done on it this afternoon.

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4653 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4653 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2020 :  11:23:38 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I really need to do some baking, too, Debbie. I want to make Bourbon Balls, Sherry Butter Nut cookies, Sour Cream Sugar Cookies, Fudge, and some other cookies so I can give a small plate of cookies to the neighbors.

And I, too, am using colors I wouldn't normally put together on this mystery quilt, and am so anxious to see how this quilt ends up. Tomorrow clue 4 comes up and I'm only half done with Clues 1-3. LOL! It WILL get done, eventually. LOL!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2020 :  5:00:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I envy all of you. I don't have anything done yet because of the work being done in our bathroom. Since we only have one, and because the toilet had to be removed to do the floor, we set up a porta potty on the porch. Not bad if it were summer, but in Minnesota it can be quite cold. Like 16 one night. I am glad to say those few days of using the porch are over and the floor is done. Next, we had the tub re-surfaced. Finally done with that and I can't wait to get all the stuff back in the bathroom so my living room doesn't look like a tornado hit it. Maybe NOW I can get to the Christmas stuff.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2656 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2656 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2020 :  06:25:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, Bonnie....I feel for you! It will all come together and you will be happy that you went through all of that.
I remember one year Brad and a friend decided to do a little "upgrading" and took out the ceiling of the den and went up with it another 8 feet or whatever it was. It was only going to take a week...or so. They started Dec. 1 and it was not finished until Christmas Eve day. I was not a happy camper! It was hard to bake or decorate with sheetrock dust covering everything! But it got finished. Christmas is just not the most opportune time to remodel!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3460 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3460 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2020 :  08:24:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gosh, Bonnie, what a total upheaval of your life with the bathroom renovation! I know it has been tough with only having one bathroom too and in the Winter as well! It seems like renovations take 3-4 times longer than they originally said it was going to. Everything we have had to repair in this house has been that way for decades! It is enough to deter doing anything that isn't mandatory. The only exceptions have been the new roof we just had to have done and tree removals. Both cases, it was done completely in one day or a 1/2 days at most.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2020 :  1:18:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Didn't get all my decorations up this year. Lily June got the ones she wanted out.
Merry Christmas!
Connie

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6011 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6011 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2020 :  1:37:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How prettyConnie! Have a good weekend!

Blessings
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2656 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2656 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2020 :  3:25:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How is your Lily June doing, Connie? I bet she is getting excited for Christmas!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4653 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4653 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2020 :  5:02:30 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I just finished baking 2 different kinds of cookies - 1 is a new one and the other a yearly must do from my growing up years.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2020 :  5:10:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Darlene
Debbie, she is so excited and she wants snow!! My daughters new job closes Monday until January 4th, so we wont see her as much, but I'm excited for them to have time off.
Linda, I bet your kitchen smells good.

I hope we can make sugar cookies Monday, Its our last day with Lily June till January 4th.

Connie
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2020 :  5:13:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think most of us have memories of Wool-Worths. It was such a magical place to me as a kid and a Teenager, ours closed in 1971 when the mall opened.

Connie
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6011 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6011 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2020 :  7:16:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Connie
Well when you see them give them a hug for me!
I love your pictures you posted! So Christmasy.

Have a good night!
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2020 :  7:16:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We did not have a Woolworth's in the town where I grew up. In fact, I was 37 years old when I visited a Woolworth's store! We were on my son's senior trip. The Woolworths was in Honolulu!

Now we had a Perry Brothers and Ben Franklin's stores. In fact, the Perry Bros store was where my mother went to buy Undressed dolls. She bought the shoes there too. Then she made their clothes, hats, etc...all while we were in school. I believe she also purchased the socks and panties for the dolls.

I remember being a fifth grader and asking Santa for a Roller Skating doll. My little sister asked for a nurse doll. And our sweet mother made a nurses white dress and cap...perfectly stitched. Buttons down the front of the tiny dress! The doll was a 14" doll.

My sister also asked for a trunk to keep her dolls clothes in. Mother went to the grocery store and asked for some apple boxes. If you are as old as me perhaps you remember them. Two layers of beautiful apples were all that fit into those shallow boxes, with tissue paper nests for each carefully packed apple.
Mother would use her coping saw to cut the wood to the sizes she needed. Then wood glue, small nails and a hammer changed the apple box into the trunk for my sisters doll. It turned out so cute...just like the one in the toy catalogue.
Later my mother helped me learn to use her coping saw...so I could make "what not" shelves!

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4653 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4653 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2020 :  8:01:48 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
So glad you get so much time with Lily June.

Two of our friends have just gotten a positive COVID test result. Fortunately we haven't spent time around them recently, so all is good for us, hopefully. I hope they are both really better soon.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1196 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1196 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2020 :  09:14:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What beautiful pictures you are posting Connie. I love those vintage prints.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3460 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3460 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2020 :  10:40:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Connie, I too love all of those vintage prints!! They remind me of my childhood and those familiar sights in the stores. Yes, I too miss WoolWorths stores. I have so many memories of both that store and McCroys. They were sources of so many seasonal needs as well sewing and craft supplies, children's books, and I can't even remember everything. Our Woolworths was larger than McCroys and I loved most that Woolworth's had a horse to ride machine that cost a dime. Sometimes, my Mom would let me have a ride on it and I pretended I was Dale Evans! I was a cowgirl at heart even as a little tyke.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2020 :  09:12:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Me too Julie!
Winnie, wonderful memories! I remember the horse out side the Woolworths and our grocery store. It cost a dime to ride in 1962.

Merry Christmas! Connie
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4653 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4653 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2020 :  3:06:04 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Connie - You have so many of the vintage prints. Love them all ! Thank you so much for sharing.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9306 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9306 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2020 :  10:12:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Connie, those are adorable vintage pictures.

I finally was able to get a picture of our tree. Sorry it's blurry. I took it with my phone.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Dec 22 2020 10:54:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6011 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6011 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2020 :  10:28:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That’s pretty a Denise!

Ok my friends I finished my little project and will be mailing them out today. They took longer than I thought.
So I hope you enjoy them when you receive them in the mail.

Hugs!
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2020 :  12:43:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, Your tree is beautiful!

Linda, I got those Pictures from Pinterest! I wished I owned them! I have a handful. Just one Christmas one.

Marilyn, I loved ben Franklin too!
Connie

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3460 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3460 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2020 :  10:40:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Connie, I love those vintage prints you shared!! Denise your tree looks so pretty and glimmering too.

I can hardly believe that Christmas is two days away! Wow, it always seems to fly by so fast these last few days before. We are going to have a hug rain storm tomorrow before a new cold front rolls in for early Christmas morning. It is going to be a cold day which is unusual since most years it is quite balmy. It will be a good chance to use our fireplace and that always makes it feel more like Christmas time for this Floridian.

Everyone have a blessed Christmas!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Very merry December~2020 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page