debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2641 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2641 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2020 :  6:57:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't wait to get going on my decorating, maybe this weekend. It's supposed to start raining and snowing for several days, perfect weather for Christmas decorating and baking.

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9208 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9208 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2020 :  09:27:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is so cold here due to the wind. Not seeing any snow in the forecast.
I was out walking this this morning but it was just too cold. So I am making out our Christmas cards today.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2020 :  09:51:11 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
It is not bad weather here today. Yesterday my Christmas Sweatshirt and turtleneck were more than enough when we were outside.

Ed has all the lights up outside except on the fence. It looks nice, and the Christmas music that plays for several hours is nice, too.

Our tree is up, a Christmas quilt is on each bed, and a couple Christmas wall hangings are up, too. I love a quilt-y Christmas, and I have table runners, tree skirt, and a cute Santa I found at an estate sale made out of an old quilt. Makes me feel wam and cozy.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2020 :  11:21:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have a beautiful sunny day! I must get busy and wrap or bag some gifts.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2020 :  11:22:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, your Christmas decor sounds perfect to me!

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Dec 08 2020 11:23:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1190 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1190 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2020 :  06:38:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
December seems to be flying by. I have all the decorating done I am going to do. We are in the middle of a remodeling project and there's a lot of sheetrock dust everywhere so I decided to keep it at a minimum. I am just happy the project is in the basement and not on the main floor. I finished making the last gift last night. Now I can move on to getting some wrapping done.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9208 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9208 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2020 :  08:44:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've done all we are doing for decoration with the tree. I might put something here and there later. I do have my Christmas cards out and they decorate things nicely too. I have been wrapping as I go. I am also working on birthday presents so wrapping those too. The ones this morning are for birthdays in February and I have two more to go for that month. Almost finished with the gifts. Waiting for a couple more to show up and then I'm done.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1171 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2020 :  01:54:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aaargh! New computer is driving me nuts! I was in the middle of a post and it vanished. It's supposed to be faster than my old computer but it took over an hour to download the acrobat reader. I know I will get used to it but right now it's frustrating.

My holiday decorating and shopping is all done because I didn't do any. My family is postponing the holidays until next year. DH and I will have the annual ham and broccoli dinner and have lots of leftovers in the freezer. You can do a lot with leftover ham.

We decided the fire season in Northern California is over (we hope!) so today we moved the trailer back up to the hills. After getting everything situated and cleaned up I had time for a 40 minute hike before the sun went down. We drove home with the most beautiful sunset of pinks and reds. I am so glad to have our trailer back up there so I don't have to hike a half a mile to the nearest outhouse or find a convenient bush. This old lady just doesn't squat well anymore. Well, I can squat but then I can't get up again.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2020 :  10:33:58 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I've had my "new" computer a little over a year, and each morning it takes FOREVER to boot up. My old computer was a lot faster. I hate dealing with computer issues, but it seems to be a part of life. LOL!

LOL I, too, understand the squats.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2020 :  11:46:08 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
WOO HOO! A couple weeks ago I ordered my Christmas present - a new BabyLock serger. And it is one that threads itself, except for the needle. Can't wait to play with it when it arrives. Not sure how much longer it will take.

Waiting for my refund to arrive from Carnival for the February cruise they cancelled. That will help cover charges for the serger, except that the credit is on a different credit card than the charges. LOL! Oh, well. I'm going to have to use the Carnival CC to use up the credit, so that will help my other cards stay lower for a few months. That will be nice, especially at this time of year. LOL!

Ed brought all my Christmas decorations down from the attic, but I am not putting them all up. I have a lot more quilted table runners, pillows, and other decorative items that I'm not putting up.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2641 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2641 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2020 :  12:21:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn, your husband's comment about your puppy being "patriotic" sounds like something mine would say!
Judith, I bet you are so happy to have your trailer situation back to normal. It sounds like a beautiful drive home!
Our local FFA chapter sells Christmas trees and we decided that we had better get in this afternoon to get one before all of the nice ones are gone. Brad took over the tree decorating a few years ago and he does such a nice job! I got all of the fall decorations put away and the living room looks pretty bare....we definitely need some lights to spruce things up a bit! Our 3 year old granddaughter said that she will come over and help decorate the house and tree...she also thinks she needs to go help pick it and a wreath out. I'm wondering if we are starting to look like an old couple in need of a lot of help to her???? haha!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9208 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9208 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2020 :  08:46:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Debbie, that so nice that your husband does the decorating. Here we only decorate if I do it. Though this year my son and JT both helped with the tree.
Judith, I can feel for you on the computer issues. My notebook has slowed down all of the sudden and I cleaned it up and done everything they tell me to but it is still lagging. I still can use my tablet or phone though not for everything.
Linda, that is a wonderful gift. I use to have a server but had so much trouble keeping it threaded. I gave to one of my kids. I really don't do a lot of sewing unless I'm working on quilts or gifts. I use to sew for the girls and I but not anymore. Enjoy your new toy when you get it.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2020 :  09:22:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow! Y'all are so busy! I finally got all of the gifts wrapped yesterday. Until we do more shopping!
Rainey has only stolen five ornaments, and that was on day two.
It is raining today...soft gentle rain. What a blessing! Thank you God.
Linda I have a new serger too! My first one finally Bit the dust after 35 years. It was about $1200 new. I bought it from the Bernina dealer and had to sit all day long, taking a class on how to use it. The summer I helped with the 4-H sewing class two ladies brought their sergers. I decided right then that my next one would be a much cheaper one...because theirs both cost less than $400 and both did a very nice job. My hubby bought mine for my birthday.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2020 :  09:26:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, one reason your computers may be slower...my son told me we would probably lose our internet service for a period of time, soon. I asked about our phones, but he did not think we would lose them.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2020 :  10:02:28 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
My shopping for the grandsons is done - on line at Amazon. Have gotten one already this week, one arrives today, one tomorrow, one Monday, and one Tuesday; one other won't be here until the 18t-21st. Still need to find out what is on the list for the 20 year old - probably gift card to GameStop. LOL! Need to wrap the ones that are here. I also have one to send to my sister - she says no presents, but I got her a t-shirt for fun. I've got a few small things for my son, and a couple for my DIL. We have something for Ed's kids and granddaughter, too.

My original Brother serger 1034D (I think) was only around $300-400 at WalMart - and it still works, most of the time; however I find myself having to rethread it too often. The new one is a BabyLock, which I've been told is one of the BEST; however, my Brother is listed at the top of lower priced sergers. I may keep it as a backup, give it to my DIL, or sell it. Not sure yet. This one was $999, but on sale from the $2,400 list price. Last year for Christmas Ed wanted to get me a new serger, but I didn't think I really needed one; so this is my Christmas present from last year and this year. LOL! I hope to find lots more things to use it for - may even try quilting. The gal at the shop has used hers to sew blocks together, and for simple squares that would probably work. It can be set to sew a perfect 1/4" seam.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3457 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3457 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2020 :  08:28:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am slowly getting cards and packages ready to mail. this year, it seems like everyday life stuff keeps fragmenting my time every day resulting in me being a bit behind this year. We put up our tree last weekend and it has stopped drinking water and shedding needles already!! I know they cut them so early these days but this one seemed OK in the tree lot but it doesn't even give off a nice fragrance. I have a feeling it is not going to recover and will have to come down right after Christmas. Next year, I think I might look into cutting down a tree at a tree farm around the outskirts. They are various types of pines and Red Cedars. We always cut a tree in the past when the children were little but they are not as full as the northern Frasier Fir, so we switched back. The past 5 years, our trees have been drying out early and getting ridiculously expensive. Time to go back to something local!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

5999 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
5999 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2020 :  09:21:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am and have been working on a little thing and am almost done. That’s all I am saying for now. My brains tired.
Love you all!

Have a good day!

Blessings
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2020 :  8:43:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie, I know what you mean. In fact I told my husband that every month this year has gone by in a very quick blurr! Then December arrived and put the low gear on. Creeping by ever so slowly. And so many distractions.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1171 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2020 :  11:22:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn -- You sound like a little kid waiting for Christmas. I remember it took forever and we thought it would never get here.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3457 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3457 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2020 :  4:06:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am so happy today to have all of my packages in the mail, I am finished with what we had planned and it feels nice to have my cabin cleaned so you can actually walk in it!! Since last weekend, it has been fulll of paper, ribbon, presents to wrap, cards etc. etc. It felt good to have it all finished as it has been weighing on my mind everyday to get things done. Meanwhile, I have a few books that came in and are calling my name so I am looking forward to reading them. It was been quite warm and a bit humid over the weekend but tomorrow brings a front and more colder weather for a few days. One activity I have been thinking about doing is driving around and looking at the outdoor decorations. I see some in the daytime but I love to see the creativity and fun that some people have with decorating their yard. One of our neighbors has the Grinch who stole Christmas theme. The Grinch is made of wool and painted and he looks just like the book!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9208 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9208 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2020 :  08:56:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My you have been busy Winnie! I'm sure it feels good to have it all done. Everything here is finished for the most part. Just a few odds and ends to do.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2020 :  10:43:05 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
My quilt/craft room, living and dining rooms are still in an upheaval - especially my quilting room. I'm working on several small Christmas gifts and a mystery quilt, so lots of fabrics pulled from my stash. Today I want to finish up at least 2 of my mystery quilt clues, there have been 3 so far, and make a cake and some cookies.

Whew! I'm tired already. LOL!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1171 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2020 :  12:20:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I made fruitcake yesterday, not the traditional kind but one with dried apricots, dates, candied pineapple and cherries. No nuts! I haven't made it in years so I'm hoping it is as good as I remember.

My whole house is upheaveled. The problem with having no visitors for nine months is that I never feel the urge to put things away, plus my cleaning lady's daughter caught the virus so we are doing our own cleaning which isn't near as thorough a job as she does. Maybe today I will try to remember how to dust.....

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

5999 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
5999 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2020 :  12:42:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Judith that sounds like the kind of fruit cake I like.
A lot of work?

Linda your mystery quilt sound interesting, I bet it will turn out beautifully!

Winnie you have been busy. I am trying to get things wrapped and done and mailed out too. Everything is in my way! :) I am behind, I was thinking I had more time.
Denise have a wonderful day!

Everyone be blessed.
Love you all.
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3457 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3457 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2020 :  2:04:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Judith, I love any kind of fruitcake!! I bet yours will be delicious.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Very merry December~2020 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page