Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 September starts our Annual Farmgirl Apple Festiva
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic September starts our Annual Farmgirl Apple Festiva Next Topic  

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3460 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3460 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2023 :  09:16:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In the main Chatroom, I just finished posting about our upcoming September Annual Farmgirl Apple Festival. This was started in 2014 and this year we celebrate our 9th year. For those of you who are new, I hope you will jump over and read about our festival, join in our annual apple swap now posted, dream up your favorite dish to celebrate Apple Pie Sunday, and join in the talk about apples. There will also be a giveaway of some sort to sign up for as well.

This celebration is one of our fall traditions at MJF and it has been a lot of fun to participate in over the years. I am amazed at how many Farmgirls have apples in their yards and farms, and I love hearing about what kind they have and what they do with them. Apples do not grow in Florida (way too hot) but I always try and find an opportunity to get to the mountains and stop at a farm stand for some fresh picked ones from this season.

Are you an apple enthusiast and why? I would love to hear your thoughts!

Here is me learning about apples from apple expert, John Bunker, at his home in Maine in 2014. Notice his ladder. It is specifically made by him for picking apples in his orchard. I had never seen one before his. Pretty cool and it makes it easier with a narrower top because at the top of the tree where the tree is getting smaller and thus he trunk is also narrower.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9305 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9305 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2023 :  10:34:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yay! I wait for this fun time every September. So fun and lots of varieties for picking this year.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2023 :  2:58:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie, I love your picture! and that is interesting about the special ladder for apple picking!

I'm excited for September Apple festival!

Connie #3392
Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic September starts our Annual Farmgirl Apple Festiva Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page