Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 needing "hot" new ideas
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic needing "hot" new ideas Next Topic  

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4111 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4111 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2007 :  04:31:53 AM  Show Profile
We are trying to come up with new ideas to make, out of natural fibers, for a fiber show. What is popular in your area? I have been googleing, and found patterns for a felted bowl, change purse, and purse. Anyone have any ideas? Michele

Carolinagirl
True Blue Farmgirl

486 Posts

Kim
Rutherfordton NC
USA
486 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2007 :  04:40:43 AM  Show Profile
One of my fav things, that I think would be a good seller, is a felted cell phone case. I think you can find free patterns for them online... if you can't, post back here and I trace down the ones I've seen.

Check www.craftster.org/forum for lots of neat ideas.
Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2007 :  07:15:30 AM  Show Profile
Hey, and what about felted hats? And eyeglass cases? Good luck in this exciting venture! Nance
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2007 :  07:39:46 AM  Show Profile
Fiber Beads, felted rope necklaces, cuffs or bracelets..

Peace, Stephanie
www.dreamkingdomdesigns.com
www.dreamkingdomdesigns.blogspot.com

"hold close your inner child and always listen to the gentle whispers" ~queenofdreamsz
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4111 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4111 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2007 :  4:29:50 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the ideas ladies. Will check into them. Michele
Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2007 :  4:44:29 PM  Show Profile
Felted pocket books and back packs.
small change purses. Eye glass cases. Pinkroses
Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2007 :  10:46:30 PM  Show Profile
I made some scrubbers by felting around bars of homemade soap. I thought they were really neat & so did the folks I gave them to.

Of course anything with a needle felted design is popular right now. I have done some pincushions from wool with needle felting on top.

I needle felt hair on my small primitive dolls too. crazy wool or fiber hair can make even a really simple doll special.

Rhonda

I'm a one girl revolution.
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2007 :  10:57:07 PM  Show Profile
I agree with the hats and purses. My favorite hat was felted in a natural brown wool. It was HUGE brimmed hat that I pinned with a victorian hat pin...grr. I left in my trunk and antifreeze spilled onto it.
Can you make that hat?
Just kidding. Seriously, hats, ipod cases, cell phone cases, little wristlets. Girly stuff with cool contrasting stitching. I've noticed that the wool and fiber crafts around this area are taking on a modern feel, not so country. Maybe a bit "urban" in color and design. Lots of heather greys, and browns, but with splashes of magenta and royal blues. Don't know if what I'm describing makes a bit of sense. Last thing I bought that was felted wool was a cool wristlet with nifty vintage fabric making the pocketed interior from a girl with tatoos and a baton throught her nose

"In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt." Margaret Atwood

Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2007 :  11:05:29 PM  Show Profile
A girls gotta have an ipod case, cell case, tote bags. Oh I gotta go write my wish list now!!
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4111 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4111 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2007 :  04:40:43 AM  Show Profile
thanks again girls. My mom is making small little bags, with an I cord strap, that goes around your neck and shoulder. Dah haveing trouble describing that. Holds your cell phone, and a little of whatever. Michele
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic needing "hot" new ideas Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page