Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Apron Pocket "One on One" Swap...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Apron Pocket "One on One" Swap... Next Topic
Page: of 2

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2007 :  8:57:33 PM  Show Profile
"New" Apron Pocket Swap…

"One on One" & No Sewing involved, It's your choice!

Stephanie's "One on One" Apron Pocket Swap:

1. Newheart ~ Margie
2. Shawna

Will you swap a Pocket with me??

I would like to collect Apron Pockets from everyone to eventually make up a really large Wall Hanging, pillows, etc. So please contact me if you'd like to send a pocket to me and I'll add to my list. I will also swap a pocket back to you. I'm going to fill my home with Farmgirls at Heart!!

It only needs to be a single layer of fabric cut into a pocket shape of your choosing. I will be appliquing them so the edges can remain raw and they can be any shape. You can use new or vintage fabrics, feedsacks, trims, doilies,whatever you want to use!

If you have time to embroider on it that's fine, if not I will machine embroider your screen name, name, state and year once I receive them. So that makes it easy for you depending on how much time you have.

Post here on the topic or click on the link below if you'd like to swap a pocket shape with me!

Here's the sign-up for Apron Pocket Swap:
www.dreamkingdomdesigns.com/apronpocketswap.html

Stephanie

www.dreamkingdomdesigns.com
www.dreamkingdomdesigns.blogspot.com

The Names listed below only apply to Swappers "Prior to October 10"...This particular swap has ended and the "one on one" Swap is going on now that is listed up above! Thanks...

Here's the members for the swap ending on Halloween

~queenofdreamsz4u
~EagleNest
~Happymama58
~Yarnmamma --Received 8/10/07 & 10/3/07
~Carrie M
~Cheryl --Received 10/3/07
~bright meadow--Received 10/18/07

Here's the link for those that are finishing up the first Apron Pocket Swap that ends on Halloween:
www.dreamkingdomdesigns.com/apronpocketswap.html" target="_blank"> br / br / www.dreamkingdomdesigns.com/apronpocketswap.html

Everyone's name is being thrown in the pot for a drawing of a goodie package that will include a bundle of Vintage and Modern fabrics.

"hold close your inner child and always listen to the gentle whispers" ~queenofdreamsz

Edited by - queenofdreamsz4u on Nov 08 2007 9:17:48 PM

EagleNest
True Blue Farmgirl

192 Posts

Mary
Yakima WA
192 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2007 :  11:36:12 PM  Show Profile
Stephanie
This sounds like fun. I signed up this evening. I've got an idea or two floating aroud in my head. I'll have to get the pockets done before school starts. So I better get busy!
Mary

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Gal 5:22
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2007 :  07:58:25 AM  Show Profile
I decided to sign up last night and lay in bed designing my pockets in my head

Just a quick question. Do all the pockets need to be the same or can each one be different?

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

Please visit me at www.marykay.com/pmiinch
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2007 :  3:14:19 PM  Show Profile
this sounds like such fun! i 'think' i signed up correctly .. and will make the 'two' pockets .. do we send them to 'you' .. or a 'swap partner'?

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2007 :  3:16:41 PM  Show Profile
whoops! (when all else fails .. read the directions!) i see that we mail to you! will do! xo

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2007 :  3:33:43 PM  Show Profile
Hey there,

I got everyone's emails and hopefully my computer will be in commission this evening..it's in the shop and I'm at the Library catching up on online stuff..

...until next time ~ queenofdreamsz

"hold close your inner child and always listen to the gentle whispers" ~queenofdreamsz
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2007 :  10:09:07 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Hi girls!
I love to sew and this is right up my alley! I will do one large pocket to swap.
That will be so much fun to do!
:-)
Linda C.in Scranton, PA

"Why clean house when I can play with yarn or fabric?" ???? Linda C.
Go to Top of Page

vintagegrl
True Blue Farmgirl

280 Posts

Jeanette
NH
USA
280 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2007 :  04:27:01 AM  Show Profile
Stephanie,

I'm having one of my ditzy moments right now. For the Apron Pocket Swap the item we're swapping are apron pockets? Ok, right now I just re-read the previous sentence and am convinced everyone here will deduct I'm a moron, but please humor me. I have read your blog and believe it or not I'm still confused. Am signing off, red-faced and slightly embarrassed.

J
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2007 :  11:12:04 AM  Show Profile
Hey Jeanette,
Just sent a message to you

Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2007 :  9:44:11 PM  Show Profile
This made me think of a childhood song. But I can't remember all of it. Can you fill in the missing parts?

Brownie Smile Song
words and music by Harriet F. Heywood
I’ve got something in my pocket that belongs upon my face,
I keep it very close to me in a most convenient place
I’m sure you couldn’t guess it if you guessed a long, long while.
So I’ll take it out and put it on - it’s a great big Brownie [Farmgirl] Smile!

Thanks for making me remember. :)
Edited because I found the lyrics!
We make a difference.

Edited by - Huckelberrywine on Aug 16 2007 9:49:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2007 :  10:37:03 PM  Show Profile
Hey there ladies,

Just checking in to see if anyone has any apron pockets ready to mail to me yet. I've received a few but need quite a few more before the swap can begin. Wanted to make sure everyone is still planning to follow through or it they need longer.

Just drop me a few lines and let me know how you are doing!
Have a great day!

Stephanis

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2007 :  05:22:20 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Howdy Stephanie, I have a pocket ready to mail today. It looks like 2 feedsacks. One of them is HOG WASH.... LOL This is a fun swap. If ya want another one...let me know. I really enjoy making these!

"What would it be like if you lived each day, each breath, as a work of art in progress? Imagine that you are a masterpiece unfolding, every second of every day, a work of art taking form with every breath."
-- Thomas Crum

Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Cheryl
Magalia CA
USA
919 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2007 :  05:38:56 AM  Show Profile
I just signed up for the pocket swap. Does anyone have samples posted of what theirs look like? Do you leave the borders unfinished? Thanks
Cheryl

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2007 :  11:25:17 PM  Show Profile
Hey Cheryl,

Welcome to the Pocket Swap!!

I haven't posted any pockets yet but you can finish the edges so they are read to top stitch on or you can leave the seam allowance for turning under to then be sewn on or you could also have a lined pocket with a topstitch and then the person that adds it will add another topstitch when they sew it to the apron..

The pockets can be standard sized, one large size that can have multi compartments or it could be a half moon shape...just let your imagination rule!

I will be posting some soon...

Stephanie

quote:
Originally posted by Cheryl

I just signed up for the pocket swap. Does anyone have samples posted of what theirs look like? Do you leave the borders unfinished? Thanks
Cheryl

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2007 :  11:29:43 PM  Show Profile
Hey Linda,

Yea, Send all the pockets you want to...sounds like a fun one!! I'll start posting them as they arrive so others can see there are so many different ways to do a pocket!

Stephanie

quote:
Originally posted by yarnmamma

Howdy Stephanie, I have a pocket ready to mail today. It looks like 2 feedsacks. One of them is HOG WASH.... LOL This is a fun swap. If ya want another one...let me know. I really enjoy making these!

"What would it be like if you lived each day, each breath, as a work of art in progress? Imagine that you are a masterpiece unfolding, every second of every day, a work of art taking form with every breath."
-- Thomas Crum

Linda in PA

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2007 :  12:45:09 PM  Show Profile
Hey Everyone, Just thought I'd let the new members that don't know about the pocket swap know that you can join at any time you want to.

Just have fun and create plain, fancy or funky apron pockets!! Send me a message anytime you have a question!

Talk to ya later,

Stephanie

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2007 :  9:59:27 PM  Show Profile
Hey Frannie,

Why not join in the Apron Pocket Swap I've already started?
It's been ongoing since July.

You can use anything you wish to make your pockets! That's all part of the fun

Hope you will join this one instead of beginning a new apron pocket swap...

Stephanie

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2007 :  07:11:32 AM  Show Profile
gurlfren .. i forgot that i signed up for this loooooong ago! i can make ONE .. will keep this thread marked to remind me when i'm making up the 'kits' for the farmgirls visiting october 11. xo

True Friends, Frannie

FREEDOM VALLEY FARM
KENTUCKY

http://freedomvalleyfarm.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2007 :  10:11:31 AM  Show Profile
So now, there are 7 people signed up? so you'd make 6 sets of pockets
for the swap and you'd get 6 sets in return?

http://bonne1313.blogspot.com/ Blog
http://www.bonne1313.homestead.com/soap.html Soap
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Cheryl
Magalia CA
USA
919 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2007 :  10:42:02 AM  Show Profile
I have finished 2 regular pockets. I will get them in the mail tomorrow. I hope they are ok. Bonnie, If I understood the directions right, you either do 1 large pocket or 2 regular size pockets. Stephanie has the info on her blog.
Cheryl

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2007 :  10:57:01 AM  Show Profile
Well Bonne,

You are used to a well structured swap and being asked to make lots of it! LOL This is very low impact...You can make 2 regular sized apron pockets or make 1 large sized (that could be vertically stitched for a multi-part once sewn on)....it's that simple..so that's the amount you will receive back..either one large or 2 regular sized..

Now you are welcome to send in as many as you get addicted to making Once the actual swap takes place some folks may wind up with the surprize of an extra pocket in their package.

So...you see how low key it is...just 2 pockets or 1 large one..your done..kapputtt..over...unless you get hooked on them like the mini's..LOL

Since it's only been recently that more and more ladies are showing interest in tne this section of the forum I'm leaving this swap open for several months...so you've got plenty of time to make some pockets!

Hope you join....let me know, OK??? Thanks

quote:
Originally posted by Bonne

So now, there are 7 people signed up? so you'd make 6 sets of pockets
for the swap and you'd get 6 sets in return?

http://bonne1313.blogspot.com/ Blog
http://www.bonne1313.homestead.com/soap.html Soap

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2007 :  11:11:04 AM  Show Profile
Brenda (bright meadow),

Thanks so much for joining the apron pocket swap!!! Let me know if you have any questions or need anything.

Stephanie

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2007 :  11:35:47 AM  Show Profile
oh lordy chile .. i don't get in the 'multiple' swaps .. jus' the one-on-one .. and i think we are 'partners' for that one miz queen of dreams! xo, frannie

True Friends, Frannie

FREEDOM VALLEY FARM
KENTUCKY

http://freedomvalleyfarm.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2007 :  12:06:42 PM  Show Profile
That's ok Frannie, I know you got your own thing going on too Look forward to the swap!!

Steph

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2007 :  7:52:57 PM  Show Profile
Hey there Brenda (brightmeadow),

Got your email...here ya go!!...usually keep the swap "bumped up" but got sidetracked this week

Thanks again for joining...take your time and have fun!!

You can read the details at the first page of the topic..

queenofdreamsz & Miss Morgan

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2007 :  10:48:12 AM  Show Profile
Hope everyone is having a wonderful Saturday! The weather here today is absolutely fabulous...mild..light breeze..I love the Fall and Winter season

queenofdreamsz & Miss Morgan

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Apron Pocket "One on One" Swap... Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page