smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2011 :  05:14:43 AM  Show Profile
This is such a great "timeless"thread! What is everyone doing for this year? My kids are still at home and the tree gets the same ornaments each year. They get expensive but I buy mine at yard sales and auctions for next to nothing. Then there are the ones with school pics glued to them they hate and I love. Memory ornaments that make you feel warm and good inside.
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2011 :  05:38:49 AM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
My tree is basically the same each year too with the exception of more ornaments added. All my ornaments on my tree are handmade. I have ornaments that I have made when I was little. And or course, my children's ornaments from when they were little. They are now 24 and 31. I have some on my tree that my mother and grandmother have made also. I usually try to make some each year, go to craft fairs, garage sales, or receive them from you gals in a swap. I usually try to get two of the same because I would like to someday pass them down to my children.

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399
West-Central WI Farmgirls

"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful." Herman Cain
Go to Top of Page

mickib
True Blue Farmgirl

267 Posts

Michele
Coeur d'Alene Idaho
267 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2011 :  11:54:36 AM  Show Profile
Peg, the cupcake is so cute!
Go to Top of Page

missusprim
True Blue Farmgirl

400 Posts

Karen
Fostoria Ohio
USA
400 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2011 :  4:33:45 PM  Show Profile
Oh golly! Wish we could do it this year or the next?

Farmgirl Sister #2984

"Animals are such agreeable friends - they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms." George Eliot

http://farmchicatheart.blogspot.com/

Edited by - missusprim on Dec 15 2011 4:36:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

chickensforme
True Blue Farmgirl

90 Posts

Anne
Coopersburg Pa
USA
90 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2013 :  5:05:07 PM  Show Profile
Dear Maryjane, I did not know how to get a e-mail to you. Your newest magazine with you kissing the snowman is adorable. I also decorate a snowlady with an apron and a hat and I would love one of those brooms that you have on your snowman. Do you remember where you got it?

Thank you,
It is great to talk to the Queen Bee.

Thanks,
Anne Magee

" A dog's tail never lies "
Go to Top of Page

ladypony76
True Blue Farmgirl

313 Posts

Angela
Louisville MS
USA
313 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2015 :  07:12:37 AM  Show Profile
I actually love Christmas trees. So here is what I was thinking since I love my tree so much.. I just leave it up all year and decorate
according to the season..for instance since it is fall I will be putting orange and gold and red leaves,maybe some acorn ornaments fall flowers well you get the idea...so Christmas is next. You can decorate it for Easter if you wish. I don't know if anyone else out there does this but it is an idea oh and it makes a great night light.

Hugs,
Angela#6681
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2015 :  10:20:21 AM  Show Profile
Angela, I have a small artificial tree in my living room that I decorate all year long for the seasons. Many years ago, I read about the idea in a Gooseberry Patch autumn book and started enjoying the result right away. Right now, My little tree has apples all over it and now that Fall has arrived, it will be time to decorate it through Thanksgiving. I hope you enjoy doing the same thing in your home. Post us a photo of it if you can all decked out for Fall with your ideas.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

ladypony76
True Blue Farmgirl

313 Posts

Angela
Louisville MS
USA
313 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2015 :  12:22:17 PM  Show Profile
Winnie can you explain how to do photos on here ..I am not sure how
I read how but now I cannot find where I read it.
Go to Top of Page

ladypony76
True Blue Farmgirl

313 Posts

Angela
Louisville MS
USA
313 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2015 :  1:10:32 PM  Show Profile
Go to Top of Page

ladypony76
True Blue Farmgirl

313 Posts

Angela
Louisville MS
USA
313 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2015 :  1:12:48 PM  Show Profile
That was a photo of my fall tree...hope ya'll like it!!
Hugs
Angela#6681
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2015 :  2:14:23 PM  Show Profile
Wow! That's beautiful. I guess I had better get some fall stuff up. Nice job Angela.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

ladypony76
True Blue Farmgirl

313 Posts

Angela
Louisville MS
USA
313 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2015 :  2:50:44 PM  Show Profile
Bonnie thank you so much I just love the fall of the year! Christmas is my favorite!! We are just starting to get our foliage so it was slim picking. Oh and our brother in law's family is in Minnesota, not sure of the town but I will ask!

Hugs,
Angela#6681
Go to Top of Page

Lowrider
Farmgirl in Training

30 Posts

Karen
Linthicum Maryland
USA
30 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2015 :  1:03:19 PM  Show Profile
This sounds like a blast! When we walked in my new house my realtor (friend also) said OMG Karen I can just imagine your Christmas tree right here! I can't wait to celebrate this year in my new home with family and friends. The bow window in my sunken living room measures 12'6", I think I have room for a good sized tree in this area.

ArtSeaFartSea Me!
https://www.pinterest.com/lowrider04/
http://lowriderchic.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

AuntJamelle
True Blue Farmgirl

569 Posts

Jaime
South Bend Indiana
USA
569 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2015 :  09:39:31 AM  Show Profile
I'm a little nervous about our main tree this year. We bought it last year - or year before? - and haven't taken it out of the box yet as we weren't back in house yet to use it. It is a 12 footer and I'm worried about having enough lights - although it is supposed to be prelit I ALWAYS add lights. :)

I should have enough ornaments - I have a bit of an ornament problem if you know what I mean?

I know getting that tree up and decorated is going to be a JOB! But I can't wait!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Holidays: Previous Topic Christmas Tree Decorating Contest Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page