corporatefarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

389 Posts

Tamara
Pikeville TN
USA
389 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2007 :  3:28:13 PM  Show Profile
I have had a tough year health wise. 7 bouts of pneumonia, bronchitis and asthma. Treated with MASSIVE doses of steroids and antibiotics ( 120 - 225 mg steroids).This triggered the worst bouts ever of Fibro and chronic fatique. Next came stomach ulcers that lead to ulcers in the colon. I finally found a doctor to dig for the root cause and not treat each symptom individually. The doctors office called last friday and so far here is what I know. Thyroid out of whack with goiter and several cysts that may be cancerous, supicious spots on my mammogram, and "several other things" they need to discuss with me. I have a spot mammogram on Monday. Thursday is a bone scan and then Friday at 9:00 am I meet with the doctor for the news. Please keep me in your prayers!

there is a seed to plant in every heart

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2007 :  3:50:10 PM  Show Profile
Wow!! You will be in my thoughts and prayers. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2007 :  4:31:36 PM  Show Profile
Tamara. That is a lot to deal with! I'm so glad you found someone who will seek for the root issues and am praying for no cancer... and complete healing. Oh... and for peace during this time!

Ann
Sairy Hill Thicket
There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2007 :  4:36:30 PM  Show Profile
Praying for you....and glad you have been persistent in trying to get to the root cause.
Jeannie

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2007 :  08:44:40 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Tamara- I wish you luck on your road to recovery! It sounds like you did the right thing in looking for a new doctor! *hugs*

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
http://home.test-afl.tulix.com/aleeandnora/
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2007 :  9:38:33 PM  Show Profile
Tamara,
(((((HUGS)))))) and prayers for you.
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2007 :  09:17:14 AM  Show Profile
Tamara, my heart goes out to you. Thank God you are persistent in finding out WHAT is causing all of this.

Now, I don't know if you have heard any definites yet, but I am going to tell you that there are plenty of people who have thyroid things that do NOT turn out to be thyroid cancer. They will want to ultrasound your throid and maybe biopsy it. You might have it removed to prevent it from turning bad later on. Thyroid can be treated with proper medication. If you have been eating a salt free diet, eat it NOW!! Some goiters are a result of deficient iodine in diet.

The thyroid is so valuable in our immune system that it is shocking how lax doctor's are in correcting this issue. It is where are killer T cells are matured for fighting and getting rid of rogue cancer cells in our bodies. Make sure you can get your thyroid looked into and medication to make it function normally. I feel MUCH better now that you have a new doctor. I hzve been there replacing a doctor for one who would treat me and find out the root cause.

OK, waiting for news is the WORST!!! I am praying for God's peace to fill you, his arms to hold you close. I am also suggesting you ask for a mild anti-anxiety prescription from your doctor. I know this has been helpful at times for me in sleeping better or preventing a panic attack or just functioning OK. You might never use it, but you could fill it if you need to. It's usually just a temporary thing. This is coming from a woman who never took medication until I was 35 or 36!!!

If you can, employ relaxation techniques and visualizations. Picture your body in perfect health with golden light encompassing all your organs. Ulcers can heal with time and sometimes with the relief of medication.

I am PRAYING your mammogram is CLEAR!!!!! I am praying for good news, news of health and vitality with easy measures to improve it more.

God bless. Please keep us posted.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2007 :  12:26:03 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Tamara-

How are you doing? Did you get your test results?

Alee
http://home.test-afl.tulix.com/aleeandnora/
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2007 :  12:42:10 PM  Show Profile
Tamara, I'm surrounding you with perfect health and healing and giving thanks for your abundant good health. Listen to Clare. She knows what she's talking about.

Farmgirl hug,
Patricia

check out my etsy site http://ThePlayfulFarmgirl.etsy.com

Take me home, country roads
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2007 :  3:12:11 PM  Show Profile
Tamara,
Thinking of you today.
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

corporatefarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

389 Posts

Tamara
Pikeville TN
USA
389 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2007 :  2:34:16 PM  Show Profile
GOOD NEWS! - The thyroid is non cancerous. So we are treating that with meds. The breast has pre cancerous cells so they are "monitoring" it with scans every 3 months to see if they grow. The bone scan is good. The blood work showed I am in menapause. I am not doing replacement hormones but will use some natural means to treat the symptoms. Seems my body is worn down from all of the steriods they have been giving me for the last year.

On a really good note the bone scan was great. The bone density showed that I was at 130% . The doctor said she had never seen a women my age with such good bones. Dear DR stated that I had the bones of someone in thier early 20's. Since I am 46 I will take anything that looks like it did when I was 20 something.

Thanks for all of the prayers!

there is a seed to plant in every heart
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2007 :  3:53:13 PM  Show Profile
So glad to hear things are going well with your testings. Will keep you in prayers.
hugs--jessie

Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine; O What a foretaste of Glory DIVINE!

www.MayhemMommyMemoirs.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9269 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9269 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2007 :  4:56:28 PM  Show Profile
Tamara,
Glad to hear things are coming to light for you. I didn't realize they could tell by blood work when a woman goes through menopause. I should be just about done shortly as I have been going through it for about 7 years and I hear they say ten is average from perimenopause through menopause.

"The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof and all that dwell therein."

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2007 :  5:12:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I am SOOO glad that you testing came back so positive! Lets here it for the young doctor that is helping you figure out what is going on! I hope this is the first step on a road to a fully recovered you! *hugs*

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2007 :  5:32:12 PM  Show Profile
Wonderful news Tamara!! Take care of yourself...I hope you feel much much better soon. What a relief that your tests went so well.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2007 :  08:24:16 AM  Show Profile
Tamara, I, too, am SOOOO happy for you! Congratulations on the bone scan results. That's so amazing--after a year of steroids! Best blessings to you,

Ann
Sairy Hill Thicket
There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2007 :  11:05:35 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for sharing the good news, Tamara!

Jo

"Wish I had time to work with herbs all day!"
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2007 :  11:46:07 PM  Show Profile
Tamara,
Oh what great news, I am so happy for you.
Yippeeeee!!!!!!!!
Carol Sue

listening to the quiet moments
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Testing next week Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page