Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Knitters, have you seen this?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Knitters, have you seen this? Next Topic  

realme52
True Blue Farmgirl

106 Posts

Klara
Gatesville Texas
USA
106 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2005 :  07:01:15 AM  Show Profile
Try this link for a fun thing they did in Seattle!http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/living/2002408641_stitchnpitch29m.html[/u]

from this hour i ordain myself loss'd of limits and imaginary lines -Walt Whitman

Jana
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Jana
Eau Claire Wisconsin
USA
482 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2005 :  1:11:27 PM  Show Profile
Oh, how funny!!! I loved it!

Jana
Go to Top of Page

hapyhrt
True Blue Farmgirl

129 Posts

USA
129 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2005 :  12:22:22 AM  Show Profile
Oh, I love it! What a great idea and a fun way to boost ticket sales, very clever marketing indeed! Too funny!Ü

"Think HAPPY Thoughts...any others aren't worth your time!" Ü
Go to Top of Page

Nicol
True Blue Farmgirl

200 Posts

Nicol

200 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2005 :  07:42:30 AM  Show Profile
That sounds like a blast! And look how many tickets they sold. 1000 more than the marketing guy projected!
Go to Top of Page

realme52
True Blue Farmgirl

106 Posts

Klara
Gatesville Texas
USA
106 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2005 :  08:40:22 AM  Show Profile
See, what I was thinking when I read this was: how could one apply the experience those people had to other situations? To some entrepreneurial endeavors, for example? Or to get people to go to events they would normally not necessarily pick out? Farmersmarkets, country fairs, rodeos (wouldn't that be hillarious?)....whatever else....Fundraisers! Hey, the possibilities are endless, once you think about it. Because, in my opinion, the point is to connect the "collective event and experience" of knitting to something that it would not normally be connected to and thus draw interest and attention. Ideas???

from this hour i ordain myself loss'd of limits and imaginary lines -Walt Whitman
Go to Top of Page

Anna
MaryJane's Farmgirl

27 Posts

Pullman WA
27 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2005 :  11:36:01 AM  Show Profile
Wow....that is so awesome! I wish I had known about it because I would have gone!
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Knitters, have you seen this? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page