Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!
 Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees 
Page: of 526

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2011 :  3:07:50 PM  Show Profile
Regina Wasson (farmgirl, #1023) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner level Farmgirl Shutterbugs badge.

"After learning many terms that I never knew applied to photography I have set out to learning more of it. Learning about the flash, timing, spacing has helped in making better pictures."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2011 :  3:18:07 PM  Show Profile
Remi Davis (Cibola, #2547) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Crochet badge.

"I am re-learning how to crochet. I experimented with crochet stitches that I remembered. I made a dishcloth, a coaster and am beginning a doily.

I was very pleased with how my dishcloth turned out. I want to continue to learn how to read a crochet pattern."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2011 :  3:24:35 PM  Show Profile
CJ Armstrong (ceejay48, #665) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Tatting badge.

"Decided to try to learn how to tat this winter. So, I bought supplies and following the tutorial in MaryJanes Stitching Book taught myself how to do the basic steps, learning:
-double stitch
-picot
-making a ring
-making a chain

I think I'm going to like tatting . . a lot!!!!

Making the long tatted piece as required for this badge was fun . . but I had more fun making the little snippets of tatted pieces that I'm using to embellish my cards and journals.

My goal is to learn how to make the butterfly and flower pieces that I have instructions for.

Thought I'd share a picture of some of my papercraft cards I made using my tatted "snippet" embellishments . . added to these two cards in the lower righthand corner of the card. Cards are 4.25 x 5.5 inches."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2011 :  3:30:18 PM  Show Profile
Judy Bowsher (jubow, #2497) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Scrapbooking badge.

"Made an ABC album for a 3 yr old grandchild, using photos of her & her family, pets, etc. Used a 8x8 Picfolio album. This was a Christmas gift.

Olivia loves it, as does her 4 siblings & her parents. It took me 16+ hours, & I had a blast making it, and yes, I did come up with photos for Q, X, & Z."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2011 :  3:48:39 PM  Show Profile
Dee McDaniel (deemc54, #2441) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a beginner level Shopping Green badge.

"I had some H.E.B. bags, and I made some t-shirt bags.

My grown son had cleaned out his closet before moving out of his house and out of town. He had so many t-shirts he was getting rid of that I decided to repurpose them. I had heard how Ruby Slider did them, and she sent me a great tutorial on how to cut and sew them. I do have some suggestions if you do make these. My t-shirts were size Large. This made me have to take additional side seams because they were too wide. I would use a small or medium shirt. I also double stitched the bottom for extra reinforcement. These are sturdy and also washable. They are in the car and ready to use!"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2011 :  3:57:22 PM  Show Profile
Dee McDaniel (deemc54, #2441) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an intermediate level Shopping Green badge.

"I have two books that I am reading on making not only my own cleaning products, but also personal products. One of the books is The Essential Green You (Volume 3) by Deirdre Imus which I bought for one dollar when Waldenbooks was leaving our city. The other book is The Naturally Clean Home by Karyn Siegel-Maier which I have had for some time. It is a story book so you know is has to be good. I have been using the vinegar and essential oils to mop my floor. I am making my own laundry detergent.

I can't lie- I like the other cleansers better, but I am committed to using non-toxic cleaners. They are still doing the job! As you can see by my dates of my start and complete, I am still using them!"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2011 :  4:06:25 PM  Show Profile
Dee McDaniel (deemc54, #2441) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level Know Your Food badge.

"I have kept the food journal for a month. I am so much more conscious now about where my food comes from after reading Animal, Vegetable, Miracle. I have a glass jar and dish made especially for sprouting. I have used it and added it to my salads. I'm continuing to add vegetables in different ways to my meals. I add zucchini to muffins; carrots to meatloaf; blueberries to oatmeal. I also got a new video series by George Mateljan called The Healthiest Way of Cooking. I am steaming all of our vegetables. We are eating more fruit instead of other sweets. The only sweetener I am using is Stevia which I only use in tea and coffee.

It is turning out great. My husband will eat whatever I serve him. He is losing weight and becoming much more healthy."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2011 :  4:15:27 PM  Show Profile
Dee McDaniel (deemc54, #2441) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an intermediate level Get It Together badge.

"I have gone through my cabinets and drawers and have given duplicates to either my kids that are leaving home or to Goodwill.

I am loving having a much less cluttered kitchen, but my husband loves it even more."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2011 :  4:20:59 PM  Show Profile
Dee McDaniel (deemc54, #2441) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a beginner level Heirlooms Forever! badge.

"I have read the book Heirlooms Forever by Lynn Coulter. I am making my list of the seed that we will be ordering.

I think we are going to like these new varieties. I also have some heirloom seeds that my father-in-law saved that we will be using."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2011 :  4:25:10 PM  Show Profile
Dee McDaniel (deemc54, #2441) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an intermediate level Sew Wonderful badge.

"I have sown by hand as well as by machine. I know how to sew French seams as well as straight and zigzag seams.

All my seams turned out very well. I am hoping to purchase a serger one day."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2011 :  4:38:53 PM  Show Profile
Dee McDaniel (deemc54, #2441) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Aprons badge.

"I made these three aprons for my sister and my nieces. I began with making one of them. After I knew exactly what to do, I made the other two in assembly-line fashion. Therefore, the other two went very fast.

They turned out precious and my sister and nieces love them! I love the fabric that I got at Hobby Lobby, and I also love the Amy Butler designer pattern. I don't know if you can see in the photo, but the front has five pleats. Now, to just make me one!"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2011 :  4:46:40 PM  Show Profile
Dee McDaniel (deemc54, #2441) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an intermediate level Aprons badge.

"I did not purchase a pattern for this apron. I used black broadcloth because I wanted to have that professional look when I have a luncheon for my mother. I also monogrammed it.

The apron turned out great. It is not too thin, nor is it too thick. It launders well."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2011 :  4:53:43 PM  Show Profile
Dee McDaniel (deemc54, #2441) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner level Farmgirl Gratitude badge.

"I have written in my gratitude journal for a month now. I already had a notebook, and I began writing in my journal everyday at the beginning of the year.

I had no trouble thinking of people, things, etc. to be grateful for both in my past and present."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2011 :  2:34:25 PM  Show Profile
Amanda Henning (mamahenning, #2492) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an intermediate level Shopping Green badge.

"Over a period of several weeks, I researched different ways to clean my house with natural cleaners. I looked on the internet and in books. I found a vast number of recipes to make cleaners for the home. I really didn’t know where to start. I tried several all-purpose cleaners, window cleaners, and laundry cleaners and settled on a few products that I like. (Although I will continue to try new things!)

I have committed to using Seventh Generation Dishwashing liquid. I like the way it cleans and smells. I also like the fact that they disclose all of the ingredients they use to make the product right on the bottle. I also really like the MaryJanesFarm Powdered Laundry Soap recipe. I mixed up a triple batch today to have on hand. With two babies in the house, I tend to do a lot of laundry.

I like the laundry soap so much that I mixed up a batch for a few of my friends. The first time I used it, I was really impressed with how clean my clothes were."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2011 :  2:44:28 PM  Show Profile
Debbie Brown (rileybrown, #2007) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Aprons badge.

"Went to JoAnns, bought a pattern and fabric, came home and cut out the apron. That was enough for one day! Next day I started sewing and completed it all but the pockets because I forgot the elastic I needed. Went back to JoAnns and got the elastic and voila! I finished the apron.

It is the cutest thing. I was so pleased that I combined two coordinating fabrics and even my husband was impressed! Started wearing it that very night."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2011 :  2:53:18 PM  Show Profile
Debbie Brown (rileybrown, #2007) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level Get It Together badge.

"The bottom drawer where I keep my plastic containers for leftovers was
all in a jumble. I pulled them all out and rearranged and now the real job is maintaining it that way! haha

Picture shows the finished product with a pile of lids and containers that went in the trash."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2011 :  3:02:18 PM  Show Profile
Kathy Smothers (kathyjane, #2565) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an intermediate level Going Green badge.

"My favorite homemade all-purpose cleaner is Orange Vinegar. Cleans glass, wood, stainless steel, and floors while leaving a fresh citrus fragrance. Place fresh orange peel in a glass bottle, fill bottle with white vinegar, cover bottle and place in a sunny window for 24 to 48 hours. Strain orange vinegar into a spray bottle.

Leaves a fresh citrus fragrance and clean sparkly surfaces!"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2011 :  3:14:55 PM  Show Profile
Sunny McDonald (Mtnsunshine, #914) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a beginner level Going Green badge.

"We have had only green cleaners in our home for years now. We use a lot of vinegar. I make my own laundry detergent, super easy and the kids love getting involved. I made a green basket for some new neighbors and also for my parents. Feels very good to spread the knowledge."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2011 :  3:19:14 PM  Show Profile
Sunny McDonald (Mtnsunshine, #914) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a beginner level Green Energy badge.

"Our power is hydro during the day and nuclear (from Diablo Canyon), at night. I would love to have a completely solar powered home. With more and more families converting to solar the cost of materials and installation are dropping. Seems more logical to me to harness wind energy that to use up non sustainable elements. It's always been a hard subject to wrap my mind around." 
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2011 :  3:23:36 PM  Show Profile
Sunny McDonald (Mtnsunshine, #914) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner level Lend A Hand to Farm Families badge.

"We  fed 75 head of cattle all winter long last winter. Towards the end of winter the feedings had increased to every other day. Takes about 2 hours total each feeding, from loading the hay trailer, driving out to each of the feed areas. I learned it's much easier to cut back on the number of cattle in the heard than it is to try and winter so many head with the rising cost of hay it makes it hard for a cattle ranch to survive."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2011 :  3:30:47 PM  Show Profile
Sunny McDonald (Mtnsunshine, #914) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner level Farmgirl Gratitude badge.

"I kept a gratitude journal for an month for myself and then I decided to keep one for each of my kids. I listed the things each day that I was grateful for regarding each of them. In years to come I think they will both appreciate reading."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2011 :  3:35:26 PM  Show Profile
Sunny McDonald (Mtnsunshine, #914) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner level Families Forever badge.

"As a family we have always enjoyed playing board games together. We love Apples to Apples, Rodeopoly, And a new favorite (not really a board game but it gets us moving). My 7 year old recently started reading Huckleberry Finn so I take turns reading out loud with him. Family night is always a cherished night in our home."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2011 :  3:40:11 PM  Show Profile
Sunny McDonald (Mtnsunshine, #914) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level Forage for Food badge.

"In our area we have miners lettuce, blackberries, elderberries and gooseberries. Wild onions, acorns, Mtn sage, moss, pine nuts, blue dick, purple thistle, bay leaves. We can and freeze blackberries and elderberries. I've had acorn pancakes but I wouldn't want to live on them."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2011 :  3:49:14 PM  Show Profile
Sunny McDonald (Mtnsunshine, #914) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level Organic on a Budget badge.

"I first ordered the small package of budget mix in whole wheat to try and we fell in love so I ordered the bulk size and we use it in at least 4 meals a week. We have always eaten healthy and it's important to us to instill healthy eating habits in our children. We shop mostly at Trader Joes or Whole Foods. The only part I found remotely difficult was the budget, we do spend a lot of money on food. We grow our own veggies but during the winter months that seems to consume most of the $ for food is the fresh fruit and veggies. We raise our own organic fed chicken so no eggs are ever purchased."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2011 :  3:56:55 PM  Show Profile
Sunny McDonald (Mtnsunshine, #914) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level Pay It Forward badge.

"For a family of four we spend WAY too much on food. One of my goals for the new year was to try and eat healthier and more economical. I figured I spend $3 on a lunch meal. Along with my farmsisters we donated to a very needy family in our area. We don't have a local food bank and that's why a local family was chosen."
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 526 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page