Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!
 Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees 
Page: of 525

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2011 :  2:48:19 PM  Show Profile
Jonna Nesbella (Scout, #2452) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Buttoned Up badge.

"Since I already have a button collection handed down from my Great Grandmother, to my Grandmother, to my Mother to Me - I decided I would scavenge the house until I found fifty buttons that were not from my collection.

It was fun and now I have another fifty buttons!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2011 :  2:53:41 PM  Show Profile
Jonna Nesbella (Scout, #2452) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level Get It Together badge.

"I cleaned out the "storage container" drawer. Recycled 11 lids and two containers without lids.

It looks neat and tidy and now we won't be searching for a lid or container that doesn't exist!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2011 :  3:00:39 PM  Show Profile
Marie Hilliard (horselover, #2214) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner level Entrepreneurial Spirit badge.

"I decided to post my business dream/goal on poster board and hang it next to the master bathroom mirror, so I see it the first thing in the morning and the last thing at night. I have a planner detailed with specific breed details, cost, and care.

So far I have managed to get two of the breed of horses (mini) I wanted, the fencing is up. Coming along nicely."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2011 :  3:08:56 PM  Show Profile
Marie Hilliard (horselover, #2214) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level Pay It Forward badge.

"After searching recipes, reading articles on frugal meals I developed a menu using frugal recipes, and coupons, I was able to serve a family of three for $5.00 and under on small meals.

We learned to coupon, write a weekly menu, shop by menu, use leftovers in different meals, and still eat healthy."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2011 :  3:14:22 PM  Show Profile
Melissa Bailey (MissLiss, #724) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning a beginner level First Aid badge.

"I have created first aid kits for both vehicles and our bathrooms.

I took into account who uses the vehicles/bathrooms to modify what items should be included in the kits. My kids love the kid friendly band-aids & boo boo spray in my van and the Hubby appreciates the premeditated band-aids in his truck since he doesn't like messing around with that stuff."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2011 :  3:27:03 PM  Show Profile
Denise Meister (denisemgm, #1976) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Aprons badge.

"I made a variation of a Vogue apron pattern (8643).

It turned out all right. I love the color and I like the unique band across the waistline, though it crinkles on left side."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2011 :  3:33:59 PM  Show Profile
Tanya Greenman (threequartershiksa, #1681) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a beginner level Shopping Green badge.

"I bought the first four and was gifted another two. My very wise sister-in-law gave them to me as gift bags, with my present to be found inside. The shopping bags were part of the gift and quite handy--I use them for carrying almost anything.

I now keep them in my van, so I have them when I have to make an unplanned stop at the store. This keeps me from having to resort to paper or plastic. I also use them for thrift store shopping and in the summer garage sale season. I wish my husband would use them as diligently!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2011 :  3:46:49 PM  Show Profile
Lorrae Moon (Moonshines, #1649) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an intermediate level Sew Wonderful badge.

"I helped a sister make an apron and we had to use the french seam meathod. I use the flat seam and rolled seams, in many of my projects. I had to learn how to do a better hand seam but I have practiced and getting the hang of it. I have not made a project with that method.

The apron turned out great and loved learning the french seam again. My hand stitching will come in handy sometime I am sure. I have been making strip quilts and my seam allowences are very important and the tops have been coming out very nice."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2011 :  3:52:35 PM  Show Profile
Lorrae Moon (Moonshines, #1649) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an intermediate level Shopping Green badge.

"I read on the MJ forums a orange vinegar all pupose cleaner.I made the solution and loved it so much that at our 2nd chapter meeting I had everyone bring the supplies to make there own batch.

The cleaner is easy to make and an old standby witha twist (adding the orange peels helps with the vinegar smell) even my husband cleaned the stove top off after making his taco's. I even had the lady at the dollar store writing down how to do it. It's even so pretty in the window with the pretty orange color. Big success."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2011 :  3:57:22 PM  Show Profile
Lorrae Moon (Moonshines, #1649) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an intermediate level Get It Together badge.

"After organizing my kitchen and going trough all cupboards and drawers I made a list of spices to replace or grow this summer and dry. I was able to get rid of doubles on tools. I took them to work and put an sign on the basket that said I need a home.

I carry the list with me and if there is a sale I can purchase. My grocery bill has been smaller because we are eating out of the pantry now that we know what is in there. I was even able to dehydrate celery easier because I could get to my dehydrater. It's been nice to have myself organized again."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2011 :  4:01:53 PM  Show Profile
Lorrae Moon (Moonshines, #1649) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Aprons badge.

"I made my first half apron this Feb. its a retro pattern out of a book and I went to the fabric store and bought retro fabric. It was a very fun project.

I am not sure if I will keep this apron or give it as a gift. I prefer a full apron because I am so messy. I think to wrap a hot dish inside the apron and give as a gift would be fun. It was a great pattern. I put my apron on many days first thing and it doesn't come off till dinner is over. I love my apron."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2011 :  4:11:15 PM  Show Profile
Elisabeth Pierce (Tree Sister, #2755) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level Get It Together badge.

"I am sending a picture of my storage containers. As you can see, I like to recycle any storage container that would get tossed into the landfill. I matched the containers with lids, then put the lids in the basket (on the left side of the picture). Then I organized the containers by size. The smallest containers, the yogurt containers, will be used for seed sowing this spring. The next larger ones I will use for my garden’s bounty. The ones I don’t use, I plan to donate to the local Montessori nursery school, for a gardening project.

I think the need for this is excellent. It got me to look at my shelf and clean it up. Now I'm much happier! And the school will be too."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2011 :  4:16:48 PM  Show Profile
Elisabeth Pierce (Tree Sister, #2755) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an intermediate level Get It Together badge.

"I find my kitchen is pretty complete, regarding needs. I’ve always been a stickler to make sure I have all the essential tools, no matter how little they may be used. So I found it difficult to give my unneeded items--such as tools--away because I use them. What I did instead, and in the hopes of receiving this merit badge, was I made a spreadsheet of the items I keep in my freezer. Any item that I purchase often, I put on the list. And if it wasn’t in the freezer at the time I made the list, I made a note of it, making it onto a “Freezer Needs List”. What I found in my freezer was a heck of a lot more than what I found in my kitchen; lots of things someone could use, especially that venison roast I don’t care to cook. So I gave those things to my friend down the road. who’s in need as she doesn't make too much money.

My friend was very happy with my gift, and my freezer is very happy too!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2011 :  4:23:25 PM  Show Profile
Elisabeth Pierce (Tree Sister, #2755) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an expert level Get It Together badge.

"As a child, I used to watch my dad sharpen the kitchen knives every Sunday afternoon. He used to sell knives door-to-door, and I watched how the roller sharpener would roll across the counter, with a knife in it–“whiska”-ing back and forth. Recently, I purchased some of the same brand of knives my dad sold, and sharpened them, with a different type of sharpener. See picture.

Now when I pull out my knives, they are sharp! And I sharpen them regularly; especially before I put them away after I've used them."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2011 :  4:33:42 PM  Show Profile
Rebecca McGinnis (Sister Becky, #2598) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a beginner level Backyard Farmer badge.

"I used to have chickens several years ago for a long time and becoming a farm girl made me want to get a new flock. I bought five hens and a rooster from a friend that fed organically. My son helped me re-do the old chicken coop and it is quite cozy now. I did research and asked a lot of questions this time to make sure that I am doing everything right.

I get about 4 brown eggs and one green egg each day and the colors are beautiful. God's work is truly amazing. I love to just sit and watch them as it is very relaxing."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2011 :  4:43:22 PM  Show Profile
Rebecca McGinnis (Sister Becky, #2598) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Buttoned Up badge.

"My buttons were all over the house in different places and I have been wanting to put them together for quite a while now. I have my collection, my grandma's, and my husband's grandmother's buttons. I found an old mason jar that has some nice aging on the rim and put them all inside. I had to take a lot of mine out of the plastic baggies that extra buttons come in.

I love my jar of buttons. I know where they all are now and it's really cool that the buttons from my grandma, my husband's grandmother, and me are all mixed together making one happy, colorful family! :)"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2011 :  4:50:54 PM  Show Profile
Sarah Labrecque (#1655) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a beginner level Going Green badge.

"Before reading the badge requirements, I already had exchnaged most of my cleaners with natural ones. I wrote my mission statement which I shared with my husband, my 12 year old daughter and 10 year old son. Everyone agreed. We have exchanged our laundry soap for soap nuts (80 loads from just one box!).We only use either homemade or natural cleaners....and I couldnt feel healthier!

Awesome, see above. It's been more than six months and I have not bought one single commercial cleaner. And I keep clipping recipes and adding them to my Green Housekeeping Binder (and the binder is actually green!). My brother is currently building a log cabin in the middle of the woods, no electricity, no running water, no "driveway". I plan to give him a BIG basket of my favorite natural cleaners and a binder of his own!"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2011 :  4:56:37 PM  Show Profile
Sarah Labrecque (#1655) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a beginner level Shopping Green badge.

"I have used reusable shopping bags well before it was fashionable. I used my first ones at Shaw's, our local grocery store. That was 1996! Now I have collected almost 20,,,oh, OK, I have 19! We use them for everything, not just groceries. I keep several in my car for impromptu trips to the grocery store and keep the rest (the ones not currently being used) in a large armoire set just outside my door in my carriage house. That way I can grab them on my way to the car.

Use them all the time! My kids even use them as overnight bags for sleepovers at Grammy's house!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2011 :  2:54:00 PM  Show Profile
CJ Armstrong (ceejay48, #665) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning an intermediate level Carp-hen-try badge.

"Because of the growing need for space for my own home-based business of sewing, paper-crafting, making journals, beading and such we are making some major changes.

We remodeled our utility room to accommodate my sewing center.
This not only includes space for the sewing machine in a cabinet, but the addition of shelving over the machine for supplies, wall-mounted ironing board next to the machine and other shelving and storage and accommodation for supplies/equipment.

I have a home-based sewing business and it was necessary to make these changes for space and equipment.

A project for these winter, post-holiday months."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2011 :  3:00:06 PM  Show Profile
CJ Armstrong (ceejay48, #665) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an intermediate level Unprocessed Kitchen badge.

"We enjoy French Fries, potato chips, tortilla chips and other vegetable chips. HOWEVER we don't like the greasy qualities, the preservatives and the commercial processing.

We also have developed and made our own seasonings for just about everything we eat.

We make our own fries and chips by cutting or slicing with Cuisinart and then BAKING them, using a little olive oil to keep them from sticking to baking sheet.

We season them with our own "SPICY SEASONING" which we make from the dried herbs, chilis and onions we raise and garlic we get from a local organic garlic grower.

We also make our own "PASTA/PIZZA" seasoning with a different combination of the same items that we grow.

And that's just part of it!!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2011 :  3:05:18 PM  Show Profile
CJ Armstrong (ceejay48, #665) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner level Know Your Roots badge.

"For both my family and my husband's family quite extensive research has been done on our ancestry. I have binders full of results of that research.

My mother has been gone for 17 years, my father for 14 years. But I do have many written "stories" as told by them about our family.

My father-in-law has been gone for 3 1/2 years. We have stories about his life and family. My mother-in-law is still living and will turn 83 next week. We are able to have these kinds of discussions with her and, just in the past 3 months had another visit with her and talk about life on the Arizona ranch.

My oldest living relative is my oldest brother, who is 75. He is very much the "family historian" and does very regular "history lessons" for all of us, relating things about our grandparents, aunts, uncles, our parents and all of us siblings and growing up on the farm together.
I have three other siblings between my oldest brother and myself, all still living . . . and telling/writing "history lessons"

Many of these "lessons" are noted in writing or, in some manner, in the binders that I have in my possession.

Ancestry for both me and my husband goes back to Scotland and Ireland."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2011 :  3:12:05 PM  Show Profile
Amber Allen (funnyfarm, #1949) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a beginner level Bee Good to Your Mother Earth badge.

"This one was really easy for me, we love our veggies!!! My husband is a logger and owns his own sawmill. We made organic cedar boxes for our plants and we live on 100 acres so we got our soil from our pasture. Since we are using cedar wood there is no need for pesticides. We planted organic seeds like strawberry, zucchini, summer squash and peppers. We also planted 7 different kinds of herbs.

So far so good! Our boxes are beautiful and we are starting to see results. It is so exciting to go around and see the sprouts come out of the dirt. My two little girls love it and so do I!!!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2011 :  3:18:23 PM  Show Profile
Amber Allen (funnyfarm, #1949) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a beginner level Horse Dreams badge.

"This one was near and dear to my heart. I am an absolute horse lover!!! We have four of own own and I get to admire them daily. They are all cross-breeds and beautiful in their own way. Buck and Hobo are older now so the just cruise around and graze all day. My little girls ride them often. Monroe and C.j are the two my husband and I ride. They are younger and have a little more spunk! I can't wait to finish up this whole badge. I am going to get started on the intermediate today!!!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2011 :  3:28:00 PM  Show Profile
Lesa Pickinpaugh (Darla 52, #1929) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a beginner level Shopping Green badge.

"I have set a goal of not using any plastic shopping bags, not only do I have six reusable bags...they are bags I have made out of old clothing. I keep them in my car and I have two that are very light that roll up and I keep in my purse for quick unplanned trips. This way I never forget the bag.

It has been working great, especially having the two bags in my purse. I am using them often."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2011 :  3:41:34 PM  Show Profile
Kyria Baker (Kyria, #991) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a beginner level Backyard Farmer badge.

"My daughter & I are now partners in raising Angora rabbits. We have 4 English Angoras and 2 French Angoras.

We plan to sell the wool, both raw and spun. I'd also like to try my hand at dyeing some of it, since the Frenchies are white."

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 525 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page