Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!
 Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees 
Page: of 526

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2011 :  11:09:11 AM  Show Profile
Peggy Smith, (forever young, #1815) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a beginner level Bee Good to Your Mother Earth badge.

"This year for my garden I ordered seeds from Baker Street seeds, which are organic. I tried new things, like purple hull beans, which were great. I found stink bugs on my tomato's, so researched for an organic pest control to use, I finally emailed Baker street seeds, they told me what to do, also I went to my local Tractor Supply, ask a salesman, he spent time with me discussing differetn things to try, I bought Sulphur dust, it is an organic fungicide. I read the book "Montrose" Life in a Garden and love it. I love reading about the life of this remarkable woman.

The sulhpur worked, the bugs are gone, my tomatoes are turning out good. I am trying my best to have an all organic garden."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2011 :  11:22:55 AM  Show Profile
Kristi Groth, (Kristi, #3407) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an intermediate level Shopping Green badge.

"I went online and researched non-toxic household cleaners. I went to the grocery store and picked up a bottle of vinegar and a couple of spray bottles from the hard ware store. Then I mixed vinegar and water with tea tree oil for an all-purpose cleaner and another bottle of vinegar and water for glass cleaner. I then went through my cleaners I already had and cleaned them out-my husband insists on using them in the garage (one step at a time)-and replaced them with my new non-toxic cleaners.

I used my cleaners today and they worked very well. My kitchen smells nice and clean and I wasn't worried if I got some of the cleaner on the apples in the fruit bowl since a little vinegar never hurt anybody."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2011 :  11:31:43 AM  Show Profile
CJ Armstrong, (ceejay48, #665) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an intermediate level Civic Heritage badge.

"First of all: I have shared some info on Montezuma County Citizens in the Farmgirls Southwest Henhouse/Chapter forum under "Project Discussions" titled "Montezuma County Citizens". I was born and raised right here in Montezuma County and know many of the pioneer families who still have family owned and operated farms, ranches and businesses. Many of these farmers are still my neighbors.

For this badge I wanted to focus on some family businesses that were established decades ago that are still family owned and operated and flourishing . . . and offering the same old-fashioned service!!

I have visited homes and businesses of many of the pioneer families and I went to high school with ALL of the current family owner/operators of the three businesses. With the introduction of this badge I did further research to see what else I could learn.

1. SLAVENS HARDWARE - in Cortez, CO
established in 1953 by Basil Slavens. Now owned and operated by his grandsons Gary and Les. I went to high school with both boys and my family went to church with the Slavens family.

2. HAVRAN DRY CLEANERS-in Cortez, CO now owned/operated by Bernie Havran, established by his father in 1948. Went to high school with Bernie.

3. CORTEZ MILLING: established in the early 40s by HAL TANNER. The Tanner family is a very large farming (dryland) family and I went to high school with most of the "Tanner boys". The mill is now operated by Trent and Gary, producing over 600,000 bags of flour annually.

These businesses are historic landmarks in our county, established and serving the community for decades. I did more research on these businesses to see what info there was that I didn't know. It's important to me that these businesses are STILL serving the community when so many family owned businesses have succumbed to big corporation, financial demise or chain stores.

My family did business with these businesses, we still do and will continue to do so. They are part of the backbone of our community.

The photo is of a book of photos and notes of pioneer families, schools, etc. The country school that I (and my siblings) went to is featured in this book with some of those dreadful "school pictures" of us (including me). The book is a true treasure of local history and heritage."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2011 :  11:42:26 AM  Show Profile
CJ Armstrong, (ceejay48, #665) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an expert level Civic Heritage badge.

"There are no re-enactment activities in this area and, to my knowledge, never have been. Since I was born and raised here I've been able to learn lots about the OLD buildings in the community, but I will focus on one in Cortez, Colorado which is in Montezuma County.

Just for fun, some still standing are:
-SOUTHWEST MEMORIAL HOSPITAL . . where I was born (before building a new facility) is now a professional building, the Johnson Building

-MONTEZUMA COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL (where I went to high school) is now the remodeled and renovated Cortez Middle School

-The very first high school and then junion high school, CALKINS JUNIOR HIGH is not the school district administration offices building.

-WILSON BUILDING-first housed a family owned drugstore and soda fountain on first level and offices on 2nd floor. Family no longer owns this building but offices remain on 2nd floor and retail businesses on first (street) level.

The OLDEST building in Cortez, CO and still standing is the Montezuma Valley National bank building. Built in 1908 from sandstone (as is the Wilson Building which is across the street) with some mercantile annex building in 1910. Up until 1957 it was the only bank in Cortez and about that time became "Basin Industrial Bank" and closed its doors as a bank in the late 1990s. It is the only Main Street building listed on the Colorado State Historic Registry.

I was able to go inside this bank many times as I was growing up. It had ornate scrollwork at the teller windows, crystal chandeliers and the burgundy/maroon red upholstery/drapery furnishings typical of the era.Just recently I enjoyed visiting it many time while it was the "Magpie Coffeehouse" and it still remained in original condition except some of the "fancy" furnishings were removed. It was fun to sit there with my girlfriends and share time over a capuccino. I have always been impressed by the safe. It is currently under major renovation and not open to the public. I believe the plan is for it to become a radio station and am not certain of the proposed completion date. I just completed the reasearch on its history which I found to be very interesting. There is a historic registry information plaque on the front.

Photo taken on 08/26/11
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2011 :  12:00:26 PM  Show Profile
CJ Armstrong, (ceejay48, #665) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an intermediate level Icing on the Cake badge.

"My cake is a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting . . . my favorite. My tools include a zip-lock plastic bag with a variety of tips, a paint "comb", a straw, variety of kitchen spatulas and toothpicks. This weekend is Mesa Verde Winefest weekend with a festival in the park, wine-tasting, fine art show which includes my husband, and various open house activities. This is our "Winefest Celebration" cake to go with ice cream . . and some Colorado wines at our own artist open house activity.

We love Winefest weekend and all the fun activities. It was fun to make this yummy cake to go with our "Winefest Celebration" activities!"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2011 :  12:07:17 PM  Show Profile
CJ Armstrong, (ceejay48, #665) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an expert level Cross-Stitch badge.

"It has been important to me to be creative in my cross-stitch projects that would REALLY interest my family. Due to our ancestry and work done on that and family trees I wanted to make wall hanging family tree projects for my family.

These family tree projects have become some of the most treasured things my family. I have designed more than one depending on the family and how many members I wanted to add to the "tree. Seems like there is always a new one to design and complete and just did one for my daughter. Photo is of one design."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2011 :  12:17:14 PM  Show Profile
Mary Johnson, (bag lady, #2647) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Aprons badge.

"I bought the pattern. It was a bib apron. I cut it out and sewed the darts. It felt funny sewing on one layer of fabric. Anyway I put on the pockets and ties. Then the challenge was to but on the 1/4 inch bias tape binding. Sewing the bias over the bib and sashes was a challenge. Then it was finished.

I was happy with the fabric but not so much with the piping. It was a challeng going over the times and bib top. I got it done but was not so happy with it. So, I made another one. That one came out better because I figured out the hard spots. I really like aprons now."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2011 :  12:20:16 PM  Show Profile
Mary Johnson, (bag lady, #2647) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an intermediate level Aprons badge.

"I didn't have a pattern with this one. My daughter came over with some material and we started cutting out pieces of fabric. This one was an apron without a bib. It has two layers of fabric. A brown fabric on the inside of the apron and a pink and polka dot piece of fabric on the top. The brown fabric is four inches longer than the polka dot material. I gathered them together at the top with hand basting. Then I cut a piece of brown fabric for the waist band and sewed it on. I then cut brown material for the ties. I sewed them on and folded the waistband in half. I sewed the waistband down over the gathering and the ties. Oh yes, I did sew the side seams and hem.

It looks real cute. The ties are long enough to come around the front. The first layer of polka dot material I used for a towel. Just worked out that way. It looks like half a skirt. Pretty handy though."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2011 :  12:24:11 PM  Show Profile
Kristina Nelson, (FieldsofThyme, #800) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Inkslinger badge.

"I own a copy of Strunk and White’s book, "The Elements of Style."

This badge gave me the opportunity to read it again. I wrote a 531 page story, and my 12 grade daughter (who is co-editor for the school newspaper) did the editing for me."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2011 :  12:29:00 PM  Show Profile
Kristina Nelson, (FieldsofThyme, #800) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an expert level Entrepreneurial Spirit badge.

"I launched the grand opening of my business today.

I posted the announcement on 2 areas of the MJF forum, and with others through e-mail. I have also purchased items from a few farmgirls that advertise on the MJF forum."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2011 :  12:36:31 PM  Show Profile
Krystle Townsend, (countrymommy85, #2595) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner level Civic Heritage badge.

"I often go to the town where I was born and wonder what it was like just 100 years ago and beyond.

I found out some really neat local history and looked up some historical places, and also found some museum's to check out!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2011 :  12:39:36 PM  Show Profile
Krystle Townsend, (countrymommy85, #2595) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an intermediate level Civic Heritage badge.

"I went to one of the museums I found and my husband and kids went. It was so much fun seeing how people lived in the 1900's, and even in the late 1880's in the area!

We learned how the town was "discovered", how the town actually came into existence from a church mission and later how a lot of white people (mainly French at first) came and settled the area. Not long after the French started settling the area tons of Polish and German immigrants came and actually that is the dominant ethnicity in this area. How neat to learn the history and visit museums to actually see how the people lived back then!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2011 :  12:45:08 PM  Show Profile
Krystle Townsend, (countrymommy85, #2595) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an expert level Civic Heritage badge.

"When we went to that museum/historical center/state park it was perfect timing because they had a historical re-enactment of a professional baseball game!

I've seen civil war re-enactments, some other historical battle re-enactments but this was one of the neatest! I never knew how baseball "way back then" was so very different than what it is like now! They even had different rules! I was confused at first but then I started understanding it a little better. What fun it was!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2011 :  12:51:57 PM  Show Profile
Krystle Townsend, (countrymommy85, #2595) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an expert level Disconnect to Reconnect badge.

"My kids and I had the opportunity to go camping last week by ourselves. My husband couldn't get off work so he couldn't go with us but we still had fun even though he couldn't come.

Turns out my kids loved camping! The first night was a little rough but the next night (despite it downpouring) was a lot of fun! We stayed nice and dry in the tent and the next morning we had a wonderful breakfast over campfire with pancakes and eggs! Of course my coffee too! I didn't burn the grounds this time! We had so much fun and even though the kids were with me I really felt rejuvenated and I was able to get a break from home! Now I'm ready to get to work and prepare for the new baby! (Yes, I went camping with two kids under the age of two, 28 weeks pregnant, by myself and no problems!)I left my camera and didn't get any pictures. Maybe next time!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2011 :  12:59:20 PM  Show Profile
Krystle Townsend, (countrymommy85, #2595) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an intermediate level Crochet badge.

"I made a Christmas Star Afghan which is considered "intermediate". I had to crochet motifs then crochet/sew them together to finish the afghan.

It turned out fabulous! I won third place at the county fair! It took me about 48 hours to complete the afghan since it took me a while to figure out how to make the motifs and then it took me a while to figure out how to put them together. I can't upload pictures but the afghan looks just like the one on RedHeart's website since I got the free pattern from them! I am so happy I was able to finish my very first real afghan and can enjoy it later this Christmas season!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2011 :  1:03:29 PM  Show Profile
Paula Black, (sheepless in seattle, #2953) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an intermediate level Bustin' Out badge.

"For the additional 2 months for this level, our family has tried:
7/3 turnips, nasturtiums
7/10 beets
7/17 carrots
7/23 potatoes
7/31 broccoli
8/7 zucchini, blueberries
8/14 summer squash
8/21 spaghetti
8/28 eggs

It's going well. Even my husband has been getting on the organic band wagon, and my daughter who has a fructose allergy seems to have an easier time eating organic fruit than non-organic fruit.
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2011 :  1:35:00 PM  Show Profile
Rain Klepper, (Rain K, #3381) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a beginner level Bee Good to Your Mother Earth badge.

"The image below is a small portion of a 2 acre organic garden I am growing. We built a passive solar hoop house that also assists in starting seeds, extending the growing season on both ends, and providing a 4 season harvest. Our land has not had pesticides or synthetic fertilizer in more than 50 years. I use organic pest control, including companion planting, using herbs and flowers, barrier methods like netting, pepper spray (for desperation!)Dr. Bronner's soap when desperation gives way to hand picking, and finally, trading with my neighbor for anything a squash bug likes as he has grandkids available to help! I converted our immediate across the road neighbors to organic gardening over the last year...he is a retired naval commander with a lot of fire fears. He would spray 2-4D on the roadside in the spring to avoid any dead grasses or other fire dangers. It has taken several years, but I convinced him to let us plant the roadsides with native grasses and wildflower seeds, many of which I saved from my land. We took total responsibility for watering, and weeding to get it established this June, and the roadside is flourishing. No more 2-4D, and they invited us over to help figure out their flower gardens.
I enjoyed the book, "Montrose: Life in a Garden" very much. The line drawings were inspirational to my artistic gardener.

Fantastic! Our vegetable garden and fruit trees provide us with year-round tasty food. The road is beautiful with multi-colored flowers blooming all summer, and I conquered the squash bugs with tulle to protect my plants. Yes!"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2011 :  1:39:17 PM  Show Profile
Susan Miller, (smiller, #3367) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner level Farmgirl Grammar badge.

"I was particularly interested in this badge because I have always been in love with the beauty of words and tried to use the correct grammar and spelling. I get the "Word of the Day" from Webster's Dictionary sent to me via computer and have always tried to incorporate the new word into my daily language.

Using this "Word of the Day" feature has always been fun and presents a challenge for me as I try to use the new words correctly and frequently. I've been doing this for several years and really enjoy it. It's just been in the last month that I have specifically done it for this badge."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2011 :  1:45:59 PM  Show Profile
Rain Klepper, (Rain K, #3381) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an intermediate and expert level Bee Good to Your Mother Earth badge.

"Intermediate:
I have a several different complete habitats established on our land, and every year we add more. There are ponds with local trees, shrubs, mud flats, and water plants. A waterfall using gravity feed from our irrigation canal falls over rocks and travels through several acres of pinyon and cedar forest creating a wetland and seep of fresh, clean water. The vegetable garden is intermingled with flowers, trellised scarlet runner beans, perennials, morning glories, sweet peas and other hummingbird favorites. This year I grew 7 different sunflowers that have established in the back of the garden as a windbreak and source of food. I have planted 4 different flower gardens around the property, including what used to be the front lawn with native species of flowers, bulbs, shrubs, and trees that support our birds, bees, other creatures, and us. I have safe birdbaths as a water source that I can heat gently in the winter. There is an area of brush we pile up for the birds in winter, and various styles of feeders, houses, and warming huts I put in the trees and on poles. Seriously, the birds will eat as much as we can afford to feed, year-round. We are rewarded with many species, counting 42 at our feeders last winter. I have hummingbird feeders around both decks, as they eat mosquitoes, and provide "cheap rural entertainment". This year I had a nesting pair of broadtail hummingbirds outside my bedroom window. Across the street our neighbor has hives and an apiary, and many of the bees come over to eat...I have seen hundreds in one flower bed alone.
I saved wildflower seeds, seed heads, flower heads (dried) last fall successfully for the first time. Many of these are the seeds we put out by our road. Some of the seeds I embedded into handmade paper, and then buried the paper lightly. This made a huge improvement in the germination and ultimate growth and flowering of the wildflowers.

Expert level:
All of my hoses are lead-free, and thank you for having this as part of the merit badge. I do not use commercial paint anywhere, inside or out.
I am trying pleaching with a row of table grapes and another area with willow. I will keep you posted. I have successfully this summer trained trumpetvines into an archway.
This year we used close to 10 yards of compost made in our upper meadow with elk and horse manure from a neighboring ranch, kitchen scraps, garden leftovers, and straw. We are in the process of innoculating the meadow with oyster mushroom spawn. I grew piles of potatoes on the edge of the compost pile, which runs 50 feet by 10 feet and is mixed by tractor front loader.

I love the abundance of life forms that share this land. The spring and fall migration of birds, including sandhill cranes and night herons, is astounding. I have to ask the bees to move aside a bit to harvest food, and last week had a monarch butterfly land on my arm. I am blessed to live here and experience the cycle of the seasons, the abundance of the land, and the fascinating lifestyles of the "rich and varied"."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2011 :  1:49:32 PM  Show Profile
Rain Klepper, (Rain K, #3381) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a beginner level In the Garden badge.

"I made a bean ladder with bent wire fencing reclaimed from our land, and a teepee with bamboo poles, snag wood, and string. I made cross pieces of scrap wood from an old barn along my raised beds to grow vegetables on.

I think they are all working well, and sustaining through a very windy spring and summer, so far. (don't tempt the hubris Gods!) The design of the bent wire fencing is working just great as I can pick beans from both sides without awkward positions."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2011 :  1:57:12 PM  Show Profile
Peggy Smith, (forever young, #1815) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level Get It Together badge.

"I have a small kitchen, but it is very workable. I cleaned out all my cabinets, put all the items I do not use in a box. I organized all my containers and put the lids in a square container next to the storage containers they belong to.

This will be so much easier and faster to use. I now know where everything is and can reach in to grab them when I'm in a hurry."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2011 :  2:08:52 PM  Show Profile
Rain Klepper, (Rain K, #3381) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning an intermediate level In the Garden badge.

"I made another raised flower bed, and two more vegetable beds this spring, with two more planned for fall when the weather cools. I made some hammered tin can signs, but boy oh boy, it was hard to come by cans...we don't really buy anything in cans. I scavenged around a friend's recycling and came up with some materials while they all howled with laughter in the kitchen at my persistence. Seriously. I used some of the flattened cans as a birdhouse roof, but it won't be winning any awards any time soon!

I love my raised beds for my 53 yr. old knees and back. I like to sit on the edge and weed or pick or just plain sit. I like my can tags, but the birdhouse may need an upgrade to my "can can" skills before this moves forward."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2011 :  2:16:37 PM  Show Profile
Rain Klepper, (Rain K, #3381) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning an expert level In the Garden badge.

"This summer I made a garden gate from twisted willow by my wet studio, the finishing touch to a trumpet vine arch. I already have a 32 X 22 plastic hoop house constructed in 2004, but this August I made new cold frames on the first two outdoor beds with old windows, and a new system of ropes inside the hoop house to drape frost blanket over. I tried a small section of the hoop house last winter and kept 2 of the raised beds from freezing, even into January. We were able to eat fresh greens, leeks, cabbage, carrots, etc., and use the hoop house as an "in the dirt" root cellar.

I am very happy with both projects."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2011 :  2:24:51 PM  Show Profile
Rebecca Whiting, (rwhiting, #3405) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner level Farmgirl Grammar badge.

"I kept proper grammar all week long. I also wrote down new words and made an effort at learning them for two weeks from a book that I found that helps expand a person's vocabulary. I also refrained from any slang or abbreviations which was pretty easy, because I do that normally already.

It was fun for me to look up new words and learn them. I enjoyed that and will probably continue this regularly. My speech didn't really change, but trying to meet the standards for this merit badge I didn't need to change much anyway!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2011 :  2:35:47 PM  Show Profile
Donna Demaris, (Alaska Donna, #3186) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner level Community Service badge.

"Once a month our church sends 4 people down to the Prineville Senior Center to serve lunch. I have been doing this for months and we serve 2 hours each time. The seniors are fun to be around, polite and they remember what real manners are. It is also fun to see them dress up on holidays (green beards, etc) and the women still wear some of their best clothes and jewelry, even if it is just lunch, because that is what they used to do.

We can learn a lot from watching our elders. I will continue to do this as long as I can keep beating all of the other women to the sign up sheet!"

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 526 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page