Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!
 Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees 
Page: of 526

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2011 :  3:25:36 PM  Show Profile
Amanda McGinnis, (#2717) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Nellie Will-do badge.

"My GA Farmgirl Chapter Leader, Mary Ann, taught me how to sew. I bought a pattern for a prom dress and all the materials and we worked a little here and a little there.

The dress turned out beautifully! I looked and looked for the perfect prom dress that looked good on me but couldn't find one and they all cost over $200 each anyway. My total cost was around $50 and we worked over the period of about 5 months."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2011 :  3:39:31 PM  Show Profile
Carrie Meerwarth, (Carrie M #147) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an intermediate level Icing on the Cake badge.

"I have created a cake decorating kit complete with special cake pans, decorator bags and tips, Wilton food grade icing colors, and Wilton flavorings (peppermint, cinnamon, and lemon). One of my decorator tips is a triple star which makes covering a whole cake quick and easy! The flavorings are used mostly for cookie decorating. I also purchased a Pampered Chef Easy Accent Decorator which is not only helpful for decorating cakes but also for making fancy deviled eggs, filling homemade éclairs, and adding accents to mashed potato dishes. At the dollar store I found small sets of decorator bags and tips which have been nice for my daughters to experiment with. With seven birthdays to celebrate in our family, we have had lots of practice!

My favorite cake that I made with my kit is a stand-up teddy bear (special pan is not in the photo because I have passed it on to a friend) which I made to look like a Christmas bear for a gathering with friends. It was so cute!"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2011 :  3:57:48 PM  Show Profile
Carrie Meerwarth, (Carrie M #147) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an expert level Icing on the Cake badge.

"I have made several cakes and other goodies for cake auctions and bake sales. I have even taught my husband and children how to decorate cakes and they have made the top sellers at Boy Scout “Father/Son Cake Auctions”! One of these was a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting that was decorated to look like a deck of cards with the ace of spades on top. I have made round cakes that look like swimming pools (jello for the water), haunted houses with gummy spiders, and stand up teddy bears. Scouts and 4H have been perfect venues for this kind of artistic expression!

Aunt Carol's Chocolate Cake
2 c flour
2 c sugar
¾ c veg oil
½ c cocoa
2 t baking soda
1 t baking powder
1 t salt
2 eggs
1 t vanilla
2 c hot water

Mix dry ingredients together first then add moist ingredients, hot water last. Bake at 350 for ½ hour (or longer in a large, stand-up pan).

Buttercream Frosting
Cream 1 c butter with mixer. Add 8 c confectioners sugar and 2t vanilla. Add milk until frosting reaches desired consistency (½ to ¾ c). You'll want it thick for decorator bags and tips."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2011 :  4:11:45 PM  Show Profile
Carrie Meerwarth, (Carrie M #147) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a beginner level Make It Pretty badge.

"I attended some painting classes that were hosted by several different artists/studios that are located in an old shirt factory building near me (http://shirtfactorygf.com). Of the 50 artists now located in the building, four gave “Try It” classes to the public at a very reasonable price. Each class consisted of a single evening of painting with instruction from a professional, materials included. I loved each class and learned something different about form, framing, and technique from each artist.
One of the classes taught was on using pastels, a chalky material in the form of a pencil. I found this medium to be easy to work with, mostly because I didn't need to mix colors. This is also one of the downsides of pastels, as each color must be purchased separately; it can become an expensive hobby. I purchased an additional set of pastels to compliment the set that came with my class so I have a fairly decent range of colors to work with. Another downside to using pastels is that the chalk is easily smudged and therefore must be sprayed with a fixative to make the picture more durable.

My farmgirl friend, Claudia, and I like to find pictures to recreate with our pastels, or sometimes we use scenes from her Adirondack Mountain home to draw. Here is a sample of my work with pastels:"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2011 :  4:21:58 PM  Show Profile
Carrie Meerwarth, (Carrie M #147) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning an intermediate level Make It Pretty badge.

"I took classes in both watercolor and acrylic painting at the Shirt Factory in downtown Glens Falls (http://shirtfactorygf.com). My instructors were local professional artists who opened up their studios for an evening of instruction, materials included, at a very reasonable price. I couldn't resist! I have tried to teach myself to paint, and I own various books on the subject, but I have never been as successful as I hoped to be. The classes taught me a great deal about framing and focal points. I learned a little about the differences in technique—watercolor and acrylic paints behave VERY differently! I still find watercolor difficult to control as one needs to carefully plan a watercolor painting since it is transparent and must be properly layered; this is not a strength of mine, as I like to be very carefree with my painting. Acrylic paint is much easier to control, dries quickly, can be painted over, and gives vibrant color. It behaves most closely to oil paints, but without the heavy texture that makes oil paintings so attractive. I had a great time in these classes, created paintings that I enjoy looking at (very important!), and met some wonderful local artists.
Also, in order to fulfill the requirements of this badge, I revisited the Hyde Collection, a very popular local collection of art from around the world. It is the private collection of Louis and Charlotte Hyde and is housed in their 1912 Glens Falls home (www.hydecollection.org). I began visiting the Hyde years ago with my homeschooled children for art classes that they offered.

I hadn't been there in a few years, since my children have grown up, and I found it almost new again! Many of the 3,000 pieces in the permanent collection are “borrowed” for exhibition in museums around the world. This means that the local exhibits are constantly changing!"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2011 :  4:46:07 PM  Show Profile
Carrie Meerwarth, (Carrie M #147) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Inkslinger badge.

"I love to write. I think that I decided I would be a writer as soon as I learned to write my name. Writing is magical, and reading is equally fantastic. This is probably why I spend so much time at libraries, and even feel my heart skip a beat when I am passing through an unfamiliar town and happen upon the local library. I love everything about writing, from actually sitting with pen and paper to studying grammar rules and learning new words. I most likely learned this from my mother who is equally fanatical, who helped me get my first library card, and who filled my childhood wallet with cards from every library in our area!
This is probably why reading books on grammar (which would put my husband into a coma!) is exciting to me. I always learn something new! I enjoyed Strunk & White's “The Elements of Style” and encourage everyone not to skip the introduction which is rather memoir-like. Perhaps the appeal of the introduction has something to do with the reverence I feel for my highschool English teacher; I am now in the Highland Quilting Guild with her and she insists on being called by her first name which is STILL a struggle for me though it has been almost thirty years since I graduated.
I have written a short story which is a fictionalized story that was inspired by my own growing up and my relationship with my brother and his friends. It was written for a writing class and edited by my peers.

Unfortunately, my professor for the class was barely present so I did not receive much feedback from her, but my peers enjoyed it and I appreciated the praise. I hope to send it to a young people's magazine."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2011 :  4:55:00 PM  Show Profile
Carrie Meerwarth, (Carrie M #147) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an intermediate level Ink Slinger badge.

"My favorite genre currently is the memoir. I like to both read and write memoir stories. The best books I have read to assist a memoir writer are “Writing from Life: Telling your Soul's Story” by Susan Wittig Albert, PhD. Another title is “Memoirs of the Soul: Writing your Spiritual Autobiography” by Nan Phifer. I have used both of these in my memoir writing group and they are wonderful for invoking thought and “getting writing flowing.”

Another helpful book is “What If? Writing Exercises for Fiction Writers” by Anne Bernays & Pamela Painter. I used this one with my children as part of our homeschooling. It is especially helpful for creating character descriptions, which I found useful in my memoir writing as well. "
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2011 :  4:16:54 PM  Show Profile
Amanda McGinnis, (#2717) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Crochet badge.

"One of my Farmgirl Sisters, Pat, taught me how to crochet at one of our Thursday night craft-ins. She taught me how to make a granny square and I made a washcloth.

I used a multi-colored thread and it turned out really pretty. I gave it to my Human Growth and Development teacher and she really liked it.

While I was baby sitting, I taught the two 9 year old boys I was watching to make a crocheted bracelet. They both after 20 min or so got the hang of it and every day after that wanted to crochet EVERYTHING!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2011 :  4:25:18 PM  Show Profile
Carrie Meerwarth, (Carrie M #147) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Cross-Stitch badge.

"I learned to cross-stitch when I was 14 and I have been enjoying it ever since! The very first cross-stitch project that I made was a simple geometric design that was the sample project at a Creative Expressions party I was invited to. Creative Expressions worked just like Tupperware except that instead of kitchen tools, handcrafts were demonstrated and sold. They had an extensive catalog to order from including cross-stitch, needlepoint, embroidery, quilting and other crafts. Our sample project came with a frame and could be hung like an ornament. It was hung on the wall in my bedroom as a teenager, then in my first apartment, then in my first home after marriage.

It now graces the crazy quilt that I am making for my niece. It is the purple design on the round piece of aida. I am pleased to pass it on to my first niece and hope that someday I am able to teach her to cross-stitch!"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2011 :  4:32:49 PM  Show Profile
Carrie Meerwarth, (Carrie M #147) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an intermediate level Cross-Stitch badge.

"I have been cross-stitching for 30 years and have learned much about the different materials and techniques. Aida cloth is the most common fabric for counted cross-stitch. It comes in many colors with various sized squares. The “count” stands for the number of squares to an inch, so a 6 count fabric will give you six squares to stitch for each inch of fabric. This is a very easy count for learning but uses all six strands of floss to make a nice cross-stitch. I have used this with my children to teach them the basics and they found it easy to work with, not even requiring a hoop. The most common aida fabric for cross-stitching is 12 or 14 count which is easy to count but gives more opportunity for detail than the 6 count fabric. Two or three strands of floss are used on these medium sized squares. Aida cloth also comes in 18, 20 and 22 count. These are more difficult to see and count but offer wonderful opportunities for detail and smaller, more concentrated pieces of work. When working in these tiny squares only one or two strands of floss should be used. Hardanger and other woven fabrics may be stitched on but they do not offer a grid appearance for counting. These must be worked very carefully and gently so as not to pull and bunch the material.
Cross-stitch can be added to any garment or fabric with the use of waste canvas or or EZGraf. Waste canvas is basted into place on fabric, cross-stitched over, then gently pulled away from the edges to remove, leaving behind the stitched design. EZGraf is an iron-on graph pattern that creates a grid for cross-stitches to be made into. It washes away when finished. Both of these tools come in 14 count.
Other available materials are Ribband ribbon, aida fabric which is bound on the edges and can be cross stitched to make bookmarks or edgings; napkins, bibs and other items with aida portions added for stitching; and printed cross-stitch kits with preprinted design and floss included.
Here are a few of the pieces I have cross-stitched. In the middle is a design that I found in Cross-Stitch and Country Crafts magazine. It is on medium count, cream-colored aida. The piece on the left is on a very small 18 count, natural colored aida; it is one of a set of four quilt-themed cross-stitch patterns that I purchased. On the right is a sampler that I found in an old magazine and stitched on 18 count, natural aida. I made it because the building reminded me of an old schoolhouse and I wanted to stitch a piece with our homeschool name and date of establishment.

Unfortunately, I stitch faster than I frame and all of these pieces (and several others!) are waiting to be framed and hung."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2011 :  4:40:28 PM  Show Profile
Carrie Meerwarth, (Carrie M #147) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an expert level Ink Slinger badge.

"I have read several memoirs, but two that stand out as favorites are “The Glass Castle” by Jeannette Walls, and “Monsoon Diary” by Shoba Narayan. I am also inspired by each of MaryJane's books which are beautifully illustrated and a perfect blend of story and teaching and encouragement.

As I worked through the books mentioned for the intermediate level of this badge, I created dozens of pages of memoir writing that I shared with my writing partners and family. It is a collection of poetry, fictionalized stories inspired by my own life, and simple memoir stories from different periods of time in my life.

They are not yet organized, but I dream of putting together a book someday. Until then, I continue to write and add to my collection."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2011 :  4:52:21 PM  Show Profile
Penny McGee, (acelady02 #3343) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Aprons badge.

"I completed an apron with pockets with lace on the pockets. It is a great apron to wear in the kitchen to keep all that flour off me while bread making.

It turned out great. Pockets with lace were the hardest part. This is the first apron I've ever made."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2011 :  4:58:44 PM  Show Profile
Penny McGee, (acelady02 #3343) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Buttoned Up badge.

"I have started collecting buttons for various projects and now have at least 10 jars. I also have my Mom's collection of buttons.

After getting my Mom's buttons I have found that she had so many old buttons. They are so pretty!"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2011 :  09:44:07 AM  Show Profile
Carrie Meerwarth, (Carrie M #147) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning an expert level Make It Pretty badge.

"I learned to oil paint at a “Try It” class hosted by artists of the Glens Falls Shirt Factory (http://shirtfactorygf.com). My instructor was Tom Myott, a remarkable artist and gifted teacher (www.tmyottart.com). I like painting with oils best of all mediums as it is very forgiving and easy to mix and layer. I love the richness and depth of oils, and blending paints allows the artist to work with a limited number of paints and still create lovely works. The wine bottle painting in the photo here is the piece that we created in class. I like this one quite a bit.
I missed getting my paintings into the County Fair this year, but I created a “gallery” on my blogsite at www.apronsoftheadirondacks.blogspot.com
I have had to frame and wire several pieces of work that I have done over the years. My favorite frames are those that I make myself out of recycled materials. I have a large frame that I made out of barnboards that came from my husband's family's farm. I had to make that one because the work was an odd size, but the boards were a perfect fit. I bought a wiring kit at the hardware store which was very easy to add to the frame and made it easier to hang than some traditional hangers. This frame held up well at the fair and was easy to put up and take down. Sometimes I take plain frames and glue bits of flowers or dried foliage to them to dress them up. I've also used an old window to make a frame for a painting I did on my bedroom wall. I painted the window to match the trim in my bedroom, cleaned up the glass, and added two toothed hangers to the back (wire would have shown through the window). The overall effect is that it gives the impression of looking through the window and seeing the scene outside.

Most of my other paintings were disappointing to me as I am not very good at mixing paints to make the color that I am desiring, but please check them out at my blog and feel free to comment!"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2011 :  09:57:14 AM  Show Profile
Penny McGee, (acelady02 #3343) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Sew Wonderful badge.

"After I started sewing again after many years I had to put together a sewing kit.

My sewing kit now has all the items needed for machine and hand sewing."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2011 :  10:19:33 AM  Show Profile
Penny McGee, (acelady02 #3343) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Cross-Stitch badge.

"I cross-stitched a lady bug. It is a great little piece that I am going to put on homemade bag I plan on making.

Looks great."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2011 :  10:31:27 AM  Show Profile
Nancy Witko, (annielaurel #2301) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Sew Wonderful badge.

"I made a compact sewing kit in a cloth covered box. It contains thread, needles, pins, scissors, thimble, tape measure, safety pins and black and white buttons.

It came out quite well. I am very happy with it and intend on sending it along with some fabric and a small sewing book to my grandaughter who is at college."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2011 :  10:36:41 AM  Show Profile
Kristina Nelson, (FieldsofThyme, #800) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a beginner level Make It Pretty badge.

"I made a simple collage.

I cut pictures of books from magazines and mailers, and made a collage for the cover of a journal (to keep track of books I read). In the past I have made collage journal covers for collecting recipes from Food Network, and for a regular daily journal. My regular journal contains pictures that depict my life, and the food journal has food pictures. They are put together in a collage, covered with clear contact paper."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2011 :  10:53:35 AM  Show Profile
Tina Thompson, (teetee830, #3358) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a beginner level Going Green badge.

"I moved to a new home this weekend and took that opportunity to go green in my new home. I left all the chemical cleaners at my old house for the new people who move in. I had already been using homemade cleaners but hesitated to get rid of things I had purchased, this way I feel like at least someone will get use from them and I can keep my new house chemical free (as much as possiable). I also took this opportunity to start a journal with all my cleaning recipes in it, I added my new home mission statement to the first page. I also shared this idea and book with my coworkers.

So far so good. I'm enjoying the chemical free smell of my home."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2011 :  11:01:58 AM  Show Profile
Tina Thompson, (teetee830, #3358) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level Get It Together badge.

"I recently moved and took the opportunity to donate or recycle anything I don't use and haven't used in over 1 year. I cleaned out all my old storage containers and recycled all the ones that didn't have lids or lids that didn't have containers. I donated the ones I never used.

I hadn't been using them so I don't miss them and the nice organized kitchen at my new home is great!"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2011 :  11:09:34 AM  Show Profile
Candace Hostetter, (sweettea, #3135) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a beginner level Shopping Green badge.

"I collected 8 reusable shopping bags.

I have now been using them on a regular basis as I shop.

It didn't take long to collect the bags. I had them, it just took a few minutes to gather them together. It has taken quite a while to get into the habit of using them. For the first few weeks I would get in the check out lanes of the stores and remember the bags as the cashier asks me, "Paper or plastic?" "Darn! My bags are in the trunk of the car again." They say it takes about 3 weeks to form a habit. It's taken me at least that. I had to begin putting several of the bags that fold down smaller into my purse in order to remember. As I'm locking the car, I see the bags and will grab the rest in the trunk if I'm going to need them. I'm now remembering the reusable bags on a regular basis. "

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2011 :  11:22:14 AM  Show Profile
Candace Hostetter, (sweettea, #3135) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an intermediate level Aprons badge.

"I made the Fancy Work Apron from MaryJane's Stitching Room book on page 27.

I wore this apron to a neighbor's garage sale.

In making this apron, I took my daughter's advice and switched the pattern up a bit by making my own variation by including some gingham that I had laying around. I have worn that apron as well as several of the Farmgirl Aprons I have made to friends and neighbors. They don't mention much when I do this because they are used to seeing me in aprons. I always have one on now."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2011 :  11:30:36 AM  Show Profile
Candace Hostetter, (sweettea, #3135) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Knitting badge.

"I chose a simple project; knitting dishcloths.

I taught my neighbor how to knit using the same dishcloth pattern.

I used to knit as a child and had a favorite dishcloth pattern I would knit. I was able to find the pattern online and start with that.

I taught my neighbor how to knit the same dishcloth pattern. She knows how to crochet but not knit. She was a good student. I'm not sure if she will continue with knitting though because she is used to crochet. She said you can't drop stitches with crocheting. "

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2011 :  11:39:57 AM  Show Profile
Emily Hack, (alterationsbyemily, #2951) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Nellie Make-do badge.

"A friend of mine gave me 6 pinch pleat drapes that were a wonderful pussy willow print. The stripes of the fabric were red, with tiny white flowers on a blue background. I thought to make it my patriotic dress, I draped the entire pattern on my dress form, except the bishop sleeve, I had to flat pattern that. I used 4 of the 6 curtains for the skirt of the gown and another panel for the top and sleeves. I cut the sleeves on the bias and matched up the pattern perfectly. I gathered the skirt and also reused the lining of the drapes for the lining of the dress. I also used hooks and eyes that I had salvaged out of another sewing person’s throw-away bin.

This dress was truly my own design and matching up all the lines made my eyes cross, but every time I wear it or look at it I am impressed with myself. It is a lot of fun to wear to work and I get many compliments on it."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2011 :  11:51:38 AM  Show Profile
Emily Hack, (alterationsbyemily, #2951) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an expert level Self-sufficiency badge.

"I am a semi-working mom. I give sewing classes at my home every Tuesday and Thursday. In addition to sewing my students will learn how to can and dry food. One thing that I did feel extra good in making was fruit leather. It was three days of drying in my food dehydrator and shifting the trays every 4 hours. I was waking up in the middle of the night to turn the trays.

The fruit leather came out very good, but just a tad dry. I will make a note to test it more often so that way it does not become so brittle. My sewing students have learned to value the idea that they can go and purchase items for themselves. But they are also now thankful that they have learned the skills so that they can provide for themselves in a pinch."
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 526 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page