Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!
 Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees 
Page: of 525

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16228 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16228 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  10:47:10 AM  Show Profile
Audrey Beth Kirk (Faransgirl, #572) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an expert level Horse Dreams badge!

"I started working with horses in the Girl Scout Equitation Program, first learning about horses and riding, then teaching about horses and riding. I worked with this program for 11 years, working more than 300 hours a year. During my time in this program I found the Dream Horse rescue, and then we got a horse into our program from Habitat for Horses which is the largest equine rescue in the United States. After I stopped working in the Girl Scout program I decided to do some work with Habitat. I discovered they needed a ranch manager at Habitat and took that job Feb. 23, 2008. I worked as ranch manager with 4 staff members and a herd of over 50 horses until September of 2008. At that time I was injured by a tractor which made it impossible for me to function as ranch manager. This was after the horses that were abandoned, injured and displaced during the hurricane Ike were taken care of and put into safe new homes or returned to the previous owners. I then started working as a volunteer with the adoption section of Habitat.

The result of this work is that I am still working with the adoption section of Habitat. I have also adopted an eleven year-old buckskin Quarter horse from them named Colonel Montgomery Dunbar. He was a stray when he came to Habitat in October of 2007. He was a 1.5 on the malnourished scale. He is now living happily in my pasture with the two Girl Scout horses I adopted so that they would not go to the slaughter house. I still work with the anti-slaughter group and will be going back to work full-time with Habitat in the office as soon as my daughter heals from her car crash."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16228 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16228 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  11:06:33 AM  Show Profile
Victoria Montoya (EastTXFarmgirl, #549) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a beginner level The Secret Life of Bees badge!

"I did watch the trailer of the movie "Vanishing of the Bees". I would really like to see the movie in its entirety someday soon. I started reading the book, "Secret Life of Bees", the night before Mothers' day. It was such an enjoyable read that I went back into town the next morning to buy a copy for my mom to put in her Mothers' day bag. I did a little research on what types of flowers bees enjoy the most and tried to plant a few of each. I put together a little collage of pictures from the flowers that are currently blooming.

I enjoyed the beekeeping part of the book reading so much I researched some beekeeping organizations and found one that meets monthly and is only about 30 miles from my home. My first meeting was tonight. There was a much larger turnout than I had imagined. The meeting was informative and I became a member of the club. I am not one to jump into something without a full overview. I believe I would enjoy beekeeping, but I don't want to rush into it. I began reading “Beekeeping for Dummies” and there really is a lot of information to know. Hopefully, by next spring I will have a good home prepared for a colony and a wealth of information to help make the girls very comfortable. For now I will enjoy the many wild bees that buzz around the asters, sunflowers and many other blooms that I planted in my bee friendly garden."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16228 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16228 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  11:23:06 AM  Show Profile
Victoria Montoya (EastTXFarmgirl, #549) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Buttoned Up badge!

"I have been collecting buttons since I was a child. I can't tell you what my fascination is, but if I see a loose button I'm going to pick it up. I have several mason jars full of buttons, but in staying with the rules of earning the badge I collected an additional 50 buttons over the last couple of months. A few were collected from some old boxes I found when helping my mother with spring cleaning, a couple were picked up on the sidewalk in town, some came as extras on my new spring clothes I found on sale a few weeks ago, and several were contributions from some of my home health patients that love to hear my farm stories and my new adventures in earning my badges.

I love buttons. I always have. I will probably be picking up stray buttons when I'm 100. Buttons and I will never be finished. Personally, I think zippers and Velcro should be outlawed."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16228 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16228 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  11:57:31 AM  Show Profile
Victoria Montoya (EastTXFarmgirl, #549) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a beginner level Backyard Farmer badge!

"My chicken flock was started in the spring of 2008, with a hen and 15 chicks she had hatched. My dad gave them to me soon after I bought my farm. They grew up to be a handsome flock laying very nice eggs. To earn this badge I decided to raise a flock of guineas. I went to the local feed store and purchased 12 keets. I had a big box set up for their new home. It had a warming light attached to the side, three mason jars with attachments for water and food, and fresh pine shavings. Since the nights were still dropping into the 30s, I thought I would keep them in the back bathroom for a couple of weeks and then move them to the barn. That lasted about 20 minutes. The little buggers really stink. Box and all were quickly moved to the screened back porch. They outgrew the box rather quickly so after about a week I was back at the feed store to get wire, clips, new tools, a larger water container and larger feeder. My husband helped me construct a 2 ft x 6 ft wire cage. The cage held them for another 5 weeks. All of our poultry is free-range, so when the guineas were about 6–7 weeks old they were released. Release day was a blast. They ran around tasting everything that would stay still long enough. They are growing into very nice-looking birds.

The chickens give me about a dozen eggs daily. My husband and I decided we did not need the $2 a dozen we might get on the eggs, rather we chose to give them to people in need. So we take 5-6 dozen a week to elderly people in the community that we hear about that may not otherwise be able to afford farm fresh products. I free-range all of my flocks and supplement with organic pellets and scratch. In doing this I spend only about 1/3 on feed than others I know having flocks the same size. The eggs taste great, with the perfect yolk to white ratio, and I have had no disease in any of my birds. I have included a collage picture of the guineas from beginning to now. Unfortunately, we are down to 3 guineas. Two days ago a pack of coyotes ravaged through the flock. I am currently working with the county extension office trying to have the pack captured and moved. There have been many farms in this area that have fallen prey to this pack that has multiplied at an alarming rate. We have a coon hound, “Pud”, that has been trained to guard the poultry. The coyotes attacked her in the raid. She is fine, but there were just too many of them for her to fight off. The 3 guineas that are left do not leave Pud's site now."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16228 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16228 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  12:21:32 PM  Show Profile
Victoria Montoya (EastTXFarmgirl, #549) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning a beginner level Outstepping badge!

"We recently moved to the Jacksonville area so just about anywhere I go I have never seen before. But early one cool April morning I loaded my backpack with snacks, water and camera and off through the woods I went. We have a tree farm that runs along one side of our property, a horse ranch on the other and a dairy in back, so there is plenty of room to roam. First I came upon a clearing atop a small hill where the bluebonnets (the state flower of Texas) had begun to bloom. In East Texas, the bluebonnets, Indian paintbrushes and wild blackberries bloom at the same time so the hill looked like a huge Texas flag of red, white and blue. I cut across the dairy. Of course, having to stop and say good morning to Mr. M. and his granddaughter. They had just finished the morning milking. That always sounded like a picturesque kind of life but I don't think I could handle the 3 am wake-ups. I had never been up the back side of the dairy, but after dodging a few not so dried cow patties I crossed the creek and back into the pine forest I went. My mission was to locate the official state symbols. I had stopped to take pictures at the bluebonnet patch and a few of a monarch butterfly (the state insect of Texas) fluttering around the thistles by the creek. I had looked up all the symbols before I left to make sure I was searching for the right things. As I walked through the huge pines I wondered how each species was chosen. Why the pecan, and not the pine? I decided I would look that up when I got home. I actually got a little nervous walking through the tree farm. We had been having coyote and bobcat problems. I picked up the pace a bit and soon came to the edge of our land, crawled through the barbed wire fence and felt a sigh of instant safety. I did not see a mockingbird (the state bird of Texas) on this outing, but I felt assured that the very popular bird would not allude me for long. That evening I told my husband I was going to build a campfire and we could roast hotdogs and marshmallows. He quickly said "If you want hot dogs, I'll build you a fire." "No, I have to!" I snapped. He rolled his eyes and mumbled under his breath, "this farmgirl is gon' make me nuts." We are avid campers so building a campfire was a breeze. A few weeks later I spied a mockingbird on a neighbor's mailbox. I carry my camera everywhere I go now and quickly snapped a picture. The pecan tree is the state tree of Texas. It does not grow in the wild, but there are many pecan farms in this area. I drive by several when I go to work.

I really had a nice day of hiking and campfire building. I also learned some things. I became curious as to why the symbols of Texas were chosen. This is what I found. THE TREE — In 1906, when Texas' Governor James Hogg was on his deathbed, he requested a pecan tree be planted at the head of his grave instead of a headstone. The Governor died soon after he made his request, and the pecan was planted as he had wished. The Governor’s unique request is credited for the choice of the pecan as the Texas state tree in 1919. The pecan is a kind of hickory, generally considered to be the best-tasting of the hickories, and the most significant of the hickories as a nut crop. Texas and Georgia are the largest producers of commercial pecans in the United States. THE FLOWER — The two predominant species of bluebonnets are found growing naturally only in Texas and at no other location in the world. Texas actually has five state flowers and they are all bluebonnets. Here is how it happened. In the spring of 1901, the Texas Legislature got down to the serious business of selecting a state flower. The battle was hot and heavy. One legislator spoke emotionally in favor of the cotton boll since cotton was king in Texas in those days. John Nance Garner, who became vice president of the USA, extolled the virtues of the cactus, noting the hardy durability of the plant and the orchid-like beauty of its flowers. But the National Society of Colonial Dames of America in Texas won the day. Their choice was Lupinus subcarnosus (generally known as buffalo clover or bluebonnet) and it was passed into law on March 7 without any recorded opposition. That's when the bluebonnet war started. Lupinus subcarnosus is a dainty little plant which paints the sandy, rolling hills of coastal and southern Texas with sheets of royal-blue in the early spring. But some folks thought it was the least attractive of the Texas bluebonnets. They wanted Lupinus texensis, the showier, bolder blue beauty which covers most of Texas. So, off and on for 70 years, the Legislature was encouraged to correct its oversight. But the wise Solons of Capital Hill weren't about to get caught in another botanical trap, nor did they want to offend the supporters of Lupinus subcarnosus. They solved the problem with typical political maneuvering. In 1971, the Legislature handled the dilemma by adding the two species together, plus “any other variety of bluebonnet not heretofore recorded”, and lumped them all into one state flower. What the Legislature did not know was that the big state of Texas is home to three other species of Lupines and the umbrella clause makes all five of them the state flower. And, if any new species are discovered, they automatically will assume the mantle of state flower as well. THE BIRD — Texas designated the mockingbird (Mimus polyglottos) as official state bird in 1927. The Texas legislature noted that the mockingbird “...is found in all parts of the state, in winter and in summer, in the city and in the country, on the prairie and in the woods and hills...is a singer of distinctive type, a fighter for the protection of his home, falling, if need be, in its defense, like any true Texan...” THE INSECT — The Monarch Butterfly became the Texas state insect by a 1995 resolution of the state legislature. The resolution was introduced by Representative Arlene Wohlgemuth on behalf of students in her district. The Monarch is unique among butterflies in that it is the only species of butterfly that does not hibernate, but migrates in changing seasons. WOW! the internet is remarkable. I got all that in a few minutes. I would have had to spend the day in the library when I was in school."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16228 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16228 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  12:32:30 PM  Show Profile
Victoria Montoya (EastTXFarmgirl, #549) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level Get It Together badge!

"I pulled everything out of the cabinets and off I went. The plastic containers without lids were put in the soap mold basket. The lids without containers were tossed out. Most were cracked or had splits on the lip.

WOW! I went from two large cabinets with things shoved in all directions to one small corner cabinet. I was able to take the cast iron cookware out of the oven (which I have to empty every time I want to cook) and into a cabinet of their own. The dinnerware now has their own cabinet and I moved my many mixing bowls into the cabinet with the cast iron. My kitchen does not have a lot of storage space to begin with, but I had not realized how many unnecessary items I was hanging onto."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16228 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16228 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  1:24:57 PM  Show Profile
Rebekka Boysen-Taylor (Rebekka Mae, #40) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a beginner level The Secret Life of Bees badge!

"I watched the trailer for “The Vanishing of the Bees,” which was unsettling, to say the least. I also added to my native plantings, and included bee-friendly plants next to all my veggies this year to improve pollination. My goal is to have a bee-friendly plant in every part of my garden by the end of the summer.

Reading “The Secret Life of Bees” was such a retreat, what an amazing story... I am now totally sold on supporting local honey producers, and for the past year and a half we have had honey from within 30 miles. Mmmmm.

So far I am seeing a wider variety of bees this year compared with last year. I am not sure if this is related to the plants I have added, but, either way, I am thrilled.

I had to hand-pollinate all my squash last year, but this year I am hoping the fruit will be pollinated by the experts — bees."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16228 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16228 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  1:34:07 PM  Show Profile
Cheryl Severeide (K-falls farmgirl, #309) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a beginner level Shopping Green badge!

"I collected the 6 reusable shopping bags.

I carry them in my car, and never use plastic offered at checkout."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16228 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16228 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  1:49:57 PM  Show Profile
Shari Swartz (sharikrsna, #607) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level Get It Together badge!

"I purchased a “smart spin,” where the containers all have the same-size lids, and they stack on a lazy susan, taking up minimal space. All of the old mismatched tupperware went to the storage shed for my boyfriend's Dad to put dip and appetizers in during his campout parties!

Love the smart spin! The containers are tall and skinny, and so fit well in our small refrigerator as well. My boyfriend loves to put his homemade salsa in them! It is so much easier, and no digging around for lids. I find that if I have something too big to fit, I can just wrap it in foil or something."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16228 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16228 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  2:16:23 PM  Show Profile
Audrey Beth Kirk (Faransgirl, #572) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an intermediate level Sew Wonderful badge!

"I used a french seam to make the side seams of a silk dress for my daughter to wear to my niece's wedding. I used a flat seam to make a pair of green cargo pants. I don't like that one; it is hard to keep straight. I also did an overlocked seam, a rolled hem and a narrow hem.

Everything turned out well, but the cargo pants and the seam in them was a bit crooked."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16228 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16228 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  2:29:58 PM  Show Profile
Lara Falcone (lara916, #327) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner level Farmgirl Gratitude badge!

"I started a Farmgirl Gratitude journal on February 1st. It's a small black moleskine notebook that I keep in my kitchen window to write in as the spirit wills me. I will admit to writing sporadically in my Farmgirl Journal since mid-May, but this has been a great exercise that I will continue throughout my life.

Here are a few I accumulated throughout several months:

I am grateful that I have a healthy mind and body.

I am grateful for the peace of early morning.

I am grateful for bees.

I am grateful that I was able to get some time to myself today.

I am grateful for my fellow farmgirls.

I am grateful for my gift of patience.

I am grateful for my courage.

I am grateful for my herbal knowledge.

I am grateful for laughter."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16228 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16228 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  4:39:40 PM  Show Profile
Cheryl Severeide (K-falls farmgirl, #309) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a beginner level In the Garden badge!

"I made my own trellis for my tomatoes and berries from used wire fencing and terra cotta yard lamp covers. I also made wood teepee poles for my green pole beans.

Everything is growing nicely and the terra cotta helped warm the plants and protected them from frost. The fencing keeps the chickens from eating the new leaves."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16228 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16228 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2009 :  12:19:03 PM  Show Profile
Lindy Gessaman (Sister Love, #630) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a beginner level Shopping Green badge!

"I purchased 10 reusable shopping bags and take them when we go grocery shopping. I'm given five cents back for each bag I use at the store. The bags are very handy.

I'm disabled so having better reusable bags also helps me carry things, instead of ripping bags and throwing them away. This is saving trees, and helping to keep more plastic from ending up in the landfill."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16228 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16228 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2009 :  4:45:44 PM  Show Profile
Lindy Gessaman (Sister Love, #630) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an intermediate level Shopping Green badge!

"I discovered in MaryJane's books and magazine that Bon Ami cleanser is environmentally safe. Also looked at my local stores for "green" cleaning products. I purchased Seventh Generation dish soap, which is non-toxic, biodegradable, and hypo-allergenic. They make other products that I will purchase over time. I recently bought “Green Works” natural all-purpose cleaner from Clorox.

I love the Seventh Generation dish soap. My hands don't get dried out using it and I feel great not polluting the environment. I haven't done a lot of cleaning yet with the “Green Works” cleaner, but what little I have done is so much better, because it doesn't stink with awful fumes.

As I mentioned in my other application for the beginner level badge, I am disabled, so many of the categories I can't quality for, but many of them I'll try my best. Thanks for all the inspiration."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16228 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16228 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2009 :  5:03:51 PM  Show Profile
Lara Falcone (lara916, #327) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Knitting badge!

"I've wanted to learn to knit for so long and I never had any hope to. I'm dyslexic and reading instructions with left/right/top/over completely discombobulates me! I found a great youtube video with instructions on how to finger-knit that had just steps with no voice track. It made it so easy. I practiced from about 1:00–2:00 and then spent from 2:00–4:40 actually making the finished product. It's much simpler than I had imagined to do and I plan on teaching my daughter this year for First Grade craft time (homeschool). I'm pretty excited about all the applications to this as well. I can't wait to make, bracelets, ribbon belts, and to just have fun with all sorts of fabric. Now I can't wait until fall, I need a reason to sit awhile ;)

I took baby steps. First is the first thing I made today, then the second, and finally the finished product."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16228 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16228 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2009 :  5:19:28 PM  Show Profile
Audrey Beth Kirk (faransgirl, #572) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner level Farmgirl Gratitude badge!

"I earned this badge by keeping a daily journal recording the things I am grateful for. During this time I also started a journal on positive thinking to bring the things you want into your life.

Keeping the journal on things I am grateful for made me realize that although I am not where I want to be in my life I am still very happy and have so many blessings. It also made me aware that I have achieved a lot of the things I wanted and am capable of getting the rest."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16228 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16228 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2009 :  5:39:49 PM  Show Profile
Tammy Bradshaw (Tammyb, #541) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a beginner level Shopping Green badge!

"I have collected a few more bags than the 6 required. I have one in my purse, a few on the basement door, several in my car, and even one on the motorcycle — since you never know when you will need a bag!

I think using reusable shopping bags is very easy. I keep them in spots that are easy for me to grab one and go. That helps."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16228 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16228 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2009 :  5:42:27 PM  Show Profile
Tammy Bradshaw (Tammyb, #541) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an intermediate level Shopping Green badge!

"I have read and researched alternative ways to clean my home and made a “book of recipes” to help me remember them all.
I have been making my own laundry soap and softener for a while now, with great results.

I think this project has turned out very well. I have made and given away laundry soap and softener, plus some recipes for other cleaners."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16228 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16228 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2009 :  4:26:41 PM  Show Profile
Cherian Rude (mamarude, #579) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a beginner level Backyard Farmer badge!

"Our homeowner’s association does not allow chickens so I joined an “Egg Share” CSA at La Boca Ranch, near our town. I get one dozen beautiful farm fresh eggs each week from their sustainable farm.

Wonderful eggs. Such a big difference from store bought eggs! We’ve learned about the sustainable lifestyle of the chickens from their keeper and plan to go visit the farm and “our” chickens soon."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16228 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16228 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2009 :  4:36:49 PM  Show Profile
Cherian Rude (mamarude, #579) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a beginner level Horse Dreams badge!

"I actually own my own horse, but love to “horse watch” as I drive to town. There's an Appaloosa ranch in my neighborhood, and a Quarter horse ranch, and an Arabian farm on my daily “commute”. My horse is a Quarter horse/Thoroughbred cross, and Quarter horse's are my favorite. I took pictures of the spring babies at the farm at the edge of my neighborhood. There's 5 new foals.

My gelding is really a pasture pet, I rode a lot as a teenager, but after a riding accident I dislocated my hip so as an adult it's not terribly comfortable to ride. I can't live without a horse though, so I spend time with him as much as possible, and give pony rides to my kids and others whenever I can."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16228 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16228 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2009 :  4:43:23 PM  Show Profile
Jennifer Mitchell (jennwmitchell, #286) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Sew Wonderful badge!

"I made a simple pinkeeper from a canning jar and some fabric and stuffing. I included thread, safety pins, straight pins, small scissors, a thimble, a threaded bobbin, and a tape measure.

It's wonderful — a simple, convenient sewing kit complete with a little pincushion lid. It was easy and fun to make."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16228 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16228 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2009 :  4:54:58 PM  Show Profile
Jennifer Mitchell (jennwmitchell, #286) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Aprons badge!

"I made a half-apron out of beautiful Moda floral fabric I found at a quilting store in an Amish settlement near our home. I used blanket binding for the waistband and ties, and a coordinating striped fabric for a frill at the bottom.

I love it! It's red. The only thing I could have added was a pocket. I may still do that. The gathering on the frilly edge was a little tricky, but I did it."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16228 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16228 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2009 :  5:05:53 PM  Show Profile
Jennifer Mitchell (jennwmitchell, #286) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a beginner level What's Your Beef? badge.

"I have been researching organically-raised, grass-fed meats and other foods for several months. I have read extensively on www.eatwild.com, www.westonaprice.org, and from books, including ‘Nourishing Traditions.’

I have gone from vegetarian to omnivore, but I am trying to include animal products mostly from grass-fed animals. I ordered some beef from your website, too!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16228 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16228 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2009 :  11:48:08 AM  Show Profile
Angela Muller (farmallgrl, #337) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Aprons badge!

"I found a sheet that had a tear in it, so I decided to reuse it to make a 1/2 apron, which I do prefer to wear in the kitchen.

It turned out very nice, although my first time in the kitchen after making it I was making a red velvet cake and stained it with red food coloring!! LOL I guess that really is what they are for!"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16228 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16228 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2009 :  12:00:17 PM  Show Profile
Angela Muller (farmallgrl, #337) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a beginner level Shopping Green badge!

"Well, I have been using shopping bags for a couple of years now. I have a total of 15 that I use on a regular basis. I have also made some for friends and family to use, also.

Using these bags actually makes life a lot easier. You can not only help the environment, but you can get more stuff in one bag, which is less trips to unload the car :)"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 525 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page