Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!
 Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees 
Page: of 526

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2012 :  11:57:50 AM  Show Profile
Amy Marquardt, (amarquardt #3706) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Crochet badge.

"I made a prayer shawl.

It turned out beautiful.

I have taught my neighbor the basic single crochet, and she is half way through a dishcloth."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2012 :  12:00:50 PM  Show Profile
Stacy Keely, (Stacy K. #896) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner level Farmgirl Gratitude badge.

"I actually kept a gratitude journal for the past 10 months. I started when I read the wonderful book One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voscamp. I used her gratitude sheets to record all the things, people, events and everyday occurrences that I am so grateful for.

I love doing this and hope to get my kids to start their own list of one thousand things they are grateful for."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2012 :  3:19:19 PM  Show Profile
Loyce Krogel, (traildancer #1272) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a beginner level Let's Get Physical badge.

"My goal was to walk every day.

I am not having any luck with this so I have scaled back to stretching everyday with the intention of moving up to walking every day. I am more consistent with the stretching.

My end goal is to backpack to Azalea Lake this summer."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2012 :  3:35:05 PM  Show Profile
Heidi Gonzales, (whitewolfsummitfarmgirl #3844) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner, intermediate, and expert level Blogging badge.

"I constructed my blog last Fall using Google's Blogger network. I have published more than a dozen articles and use photographs and customization tools like Linkytools regularly. I wrote to Ace of MJF to ask that she add my white wolf summit farmgirl blog to the GIRLGAB directory. Here's the address: http://whitewolfsummitfarmgirl.blogspot.com/ and I have almost 100 followers. I have a great network of farmgirl sisters that I share information with via our blogs.

I read the book during January 2012 and I learned some insightful tips that have definitely improved my blog, how I communicate with my blog audience, and how I encourage and recieve their participation. My blog membership has increased as a result and so has the feedback I receive from my readers.

I have been blogging for about 6 months now and I have a pretty nice network of farmgirl friends and followers. I have learned so many great, practical new things."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2012 :  12:01:53 PM  Show Profile
Christine Johnson, (Miss Kitty #3760) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Buttoned Up badge.

"When my grandmother passed away four years ago my mother told me that most of the old clothing stored for decades in her home were going to have to be thrown away. Some of the clothing dated back to the 40's and 50's, most were from the 60's and 70's. So I told my mother to set everything aside that was not headed for the dump and let me have at them first. I took the buttons off of every single item and came up with quite a handsome vintage button collection! Then I went to her basement and rescued one of the many blue Ball jars and filled it with my treasures!

That special jar now decorates a bookshelf (also from my grandmother's house) and is enjoyed by my entire family. What I love most about it is the stories that came with the buttons. As I cut buttons from some of those 1970's dresses, my mother would tell me her memories of wearing that dress. Then there were the very special buttons that came off of my grandmother's favorite blouse - those were distributed amongst all of the family members.
I will forever treasure my beautiful jar of buttons and memories!!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2012 :  12:03:28 PM  Show Profile
Christine Johnson, (Miss Kitty #3760) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a beginner level What's Your Beef? badge.

"I visited the website www.eatwild.com and studied up on all of the differences between grass-fed and corporately raised beef. Although I have spent a good amount of time reading about this topic already, it never ceases to amaze and appall me at the way industrial-grade meat is handled from start to finish. The fact that the end-consumer could be any one of our loved ones or friends is just another reason I want to do anything within my power to help put an end to these practices.

I learned more about the unnatural diets the animals are subjected to, the varying sicknesses that are a direct result of their diets, confinement, and unsanitary living conditions, and I learned more (ugh) about the inhumane slaughter practices that go on in the CAFO's that most of America trusts to provide them with quality foods.

I also learned more about the health benefits of grass-fed beef, including the fact that it helps to reduce the risk of heart attact and breast cancer. I have always appreciated the fact that it naturally is lower in fat, cholesterol and calories, and higher in vitamins and Omega-3's!!

Anytime I get more info on grass-fed beef, it renews my resolve to find a local provider, get a supply of beef for my family and become a loyal customer to someone local. Right now we just find grass-fed beef when we can afford it. My husband and I are currently considering a few local farmers/ranchers to contact and I couldn't be happier!!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2012 :  12:42:53 PM  Show Profile
Patty Byrd, (thebyrdhaus #1840) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a beginner level Backyard Farmer badge.

"I have started an small chicken flock in my backyard. I built a coop from a playhouse that was in pretty sad condition that I found on craigslist. But my girls are happy. I let them free range daily and their favorite "stomping" ground is up in the compost bin.

I am so enjoying having the chickens in the backyard. I have Australorp breed. They are so people friendly and have proved to be great egg layers. We love having our own eggs!"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2012 :  12:45:40 PM  Show Profile
Patty Byrd, (thebyrdhaus #1840) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a beginner level Water Conservation badge.

"I checked all my plumbing for leaks. I have made a list of ways we can save water. We have a large bathtub and we will use the bath water to flush the toilet and water inside plants. We will take shorter showers. We will also use dishwater to water outside plants.

Just by using our bathwater alone, we have saved over 60 gallons of water. Sometimes we forget and go ahead and flush. It will take some getting used to..lol. But now, I am thinking of ways to divert gray water to use in the garden."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2012 :  1:01:34 PM  Show Profile
Christin Davis, (Jeepgirl68 #3778) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a beginner level Going Green badge.

"I collected all the cleaning products in my home and condensed them to the smallest number of bottles I could. My next shopping trip for cleaning supplies I purchased only green products. I also bought new scrub brushes for the elbow grease jobs.

Love it! My husband will dust now and loves the almond scent! The kids love the grapefruit cleaners. Best of all, I can breathe when I clean."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2012 :  1:03:24 PM  Show Profile
Dawn Perry, (#2493) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Quilting badge.

"I have enjoyed sewing in the past, and have started to do some quilting. This flag was a kit that I found. It was odd sewing it together and then cutting it to make the waves. I really like how it turned out.

I really like it and it hangs in my foyer, I'm proud to be an American!!"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2012 :  1:05:56 PM  Show Profile
Dawn Perry, (#2493) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level Forage for Food badge.

"I'm sure this badge isn't designed for maple syrup...but it sure works for me. Making maple syrup is a made in the northeast. It takes time and planning. You need to get your supplies ready and be ready when the temps are just right... Mother nature waits for no one!! You need freezing temps at night and warm days... and lots of patience. You boil for hours!! During the fall we decide on the tress to be tapped for the coming winter, we choose carefully as we don't want to stress the trees.

We made seven gallons of Maple syrup! It's something that our family enjoys all year. Bring on the pancakes!!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2012 :  11:40:32 AM  Show Profile
Bea Campbell, (Quiltingbea #2575) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Embroidery badge.

"I embroidered a sampler using red thread. I don't have it in a frame, I plan to add a pieced border and make it a wall hanging.

The sample turned out good. I was a little worried about the red marking but they all washed out."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2012 :  11:41:59 AM  Show Profile
Bea Campbell, (Quiltingbea #2575) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an intermediate level Embroidery badge.

"Last year I did a sister crazy patch block swap. Eleven sisters joined and we all made eleven blocks with our name, state, and farmgirl number in the center of the blocks. I put my blocks together and made a wall hanging and on the border I sewed my badges as I earned them.

I love my wall hanging. So far I have 14 badges. I plan on entering it in our quilting guild's quilt show in April and spread the word about the MJF sisterhood."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  09:50:27 AM  Show Profile
Lisa Birkner, (Lisa Marie #1196) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner level Know Your Roots badge.

"Talked with my Mom and Henry (step dad) over the course of a 5 day visit. 82 and 87 years old.

It was so wonderful to hear all the stories as different names came up and one comment lead to another path of memories and relatives. Mom & Henry were college sweethearts that went seperate ways, kept in touch a bit over the years and after both lost their spouses married each other. 50 years after college. Great stories of my grandparents and family history. My Great-aunt & Henry's cousins lived a few streets from each other in Manhattan in the 1920's & 30's. Took lots of notes, can't wait to do this again."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  09:52:15 AM  Show Profile
Kristen Brockmeyer, (hepkitten #3858) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner level Farmgirl Gratitude badge.

"I earned my beginner Farmgirl Gratitude badge by tracking the things I was grateful for daily here: http://farmgirlsister.blogspot.com/p/gratitude-journal.html. I have also been reading "The Book of Awesome."

Both journaling what I'm grateful and reading about little things that inspire good feelings, I think makes me more present and likely to notice the good things when they're happening to me. It's been fun, and I love the book. :)"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  09:55:14 AM  Show Profile
Heather Corbet, (MissHeatherLynn #3925) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an intermediate level Buttoned Up badge.

"I went on a hunt to collect vintage buttons and some chain to make a charm bracelet.

Super adorable, not only was it fun finding the buttons. I killed two birds with one stone by finding vintage buttons for the intermediate badge."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  09:56:21 AM  Show Profile
Heather Corbet, (MissHeatherLynn #3925) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an expert level Buttoned Up badge.

"I went on a search to a little shop that had a amazing collection of buttons. I got to learn about all the different kinds of buttons and eras that they were made in.

I set up a piece of paper and labeled all my fun buttons and types!"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  10:01:40 AM  Show Profile
Teresa Julian, (TeresaJ25 #1348) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level Unprocessed Kitchen badge.

"My kids love Cinnamon muffins from a box. I went to put it in my cart, when I decided to look at the ingredients. I recognized about a quarter of the ingredients. I put the box on back on the shelf...Yuck! I went home and looked online for a recipe. I found so many to choose from. So using my organic ingredients I made them Saturday morning.

The kids kind of liked them... I have to adjust perhaps the cinnamon level, it was a little bland. It does take a bit longer to prepare, but it is so worth it! I will make it again after I tweak the recipe a bit!"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2012 :  11:52:32 AM  Show Profile
Autumn Day, (Autumn_Day #3964) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a beginner level Music badge.

"I researched rhythm, melody, and harmony. I also flipped through several Sirius radio stations, listening to differnet types of music and identifying the elements in each.

I listened to a lot of music that I otherwise would not have chosen. And when you break music into it's parts (rhythm, melody, and harmony), it's surprising how similar those parts sound across many genres of music."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2012 :  11:54:35 AM  Show Profile
Autumn Day, (Autumn_Day #3964) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a beginner level Shopping Green badge.

"I got 6 reusable bags from Whole Foods that I keep in my car and use when I go to the store.

I like using the reusable bags. It helps cut down on the clutter of plastic bags under the sink."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2012 :  11:55:35 AM  Show Profile
Autumn Day, (Autumn_Day #3964) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Buttoned Up badge.

"I visited my mom and went through my paternal and maternal great grandmother's button collections.

It was so nice to hear my mom's stories about some of the buttons she remembered seeing my grandmothers wear. Also, some of the buttons were still on cards and it was amazing to see how inexpensive they used to be."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2012 :  11:56:41 AM  Show Profile
Autumn Day, (Autumn_Day #3964) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner level Farmgirl Shutterbugs badge.

"I took about 150 photos around the house and yard; of these, about 30 turned out well. I focused on the details of the house and yard, still life, and my sister.

I love the photos I took! They show all the things that remind me most of home but also the things which I frequently overlook on a daily basis. It was great to take an opportunity to refocus on these special items."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2012 :  11:57:28 AM  Show Profile
Autumn Day, (Autumn_Day #3964) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a beginner level Birds badge.

"I read Birds of the American River Parkway to research birds native to my area. I also made a list of birds that I hoped to see while walking along the river.

I found it really interesting to learn about the birds I see when I'm out and about."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2012 :  1:05:51 PM  Show Profile
Dawn Perry, (#2493) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an intermediate level What's Your Beef? badge.

"I read the book "BEEF: The Untold Story of How Milk, Meat and Muscle Shaped the World". The book was okay.
As far as local raised meat... not many in my county but the neighboring counties have quite a few.

I did learn a few things about cattle that I didn't know before. As far as local grown meats, I encouraged everyone to support local farmers! Now if there was an ocean a little closer..."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2012 :  1:06:32 PM  Show Profile
Dawn Perry, (#2493) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an expert level What's Your Beef? badge.

"We have raised our own beef for as long as I can remember... even as a child, my parents raised beef. We are on what I call the three year plan, one calf, one year old heifer and one two year old that we will butcher that year. We also raise 100 meat chickens every summer.
I talk with many local farmers and only a few around my area grow their animals on pasture and as natural as possible.

I know that if people taste the pasture raised meats...they would never eat "mass meats" again.

Eggs, meats, fruits and vegetables.. local, natural, organic is the way to go! I tell everyone... if you can't grow your own at least visit the farmers markets."
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 526 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page